Can i request a battery saver mode port/make similar to the S5 and M8?

Search This thread

livelysins96

Jan 5, 2014
Anybody else all for this? Not that the G2 needs it but it would be nice after a day of heavy gaming to something to the effect of the S5 battery saver, and it would shut up some fan boys! :D

Nafon

Oct 30, 2013
Anybody else all for this? Not that the G2 needs it but it would be nice after a day of heavy gaming to something to the effect of the S5 battery saver, and it would shut up some fan boys! :D

Pretty sure a large part of the those two phones' power saving modes rely heavily on a power saving feature of the Snapdragon 801, and we only have the 800, so a full port would not be possible.

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
Best you can do is create per app profiles with different frequencies, I know setcpu & faux clock can do this. Also could manually disable things.

Transmitted From Burning Gundam

Nafon

Oct 30, 2013
Any more information on this? I haven't heard of an extra power saving mode on the 801.

It seemed like I heard a lot more about it when the 801 was first announced. Not very specific, but I found this on Qualcomm's website:

"As with all Snapdragon processors, Qualcomm Technologies continues to achieve superior processing performance through the unique and efficient integration of its custom-designed processing engines, including Qualcomm Technologies' heterogeneous computing architecture. The Snapdragon 801 enables breakthrough, low-power mobile user experiences by utilizing just the right processing engine or combination of processing engines for a given task."

http://www.qualcomm.com/media/blog/2014/02/23/mwc-snapdragon-801-mwc

JTJTJ

Nov 3, 2013
Actually there are a lot of things that you can do to save battery: turn off data, fall back to 2G network, turn off WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, etc... keep lightness low... The ROM you are using also affects your battery life.

BUT anyway, G2 is really a battery saver itself alr... but i am using CarbonROM now, and the battery saver mode is great.

sebastianlow

Mar 26, 2011
Singapore
Honestly I don't really see why this phone needs it. This phone has an extremely good battery, I could last 2 days of proper use out of it sometimes.

livelysins96

Jan 5, 2014
uretanem.jpg