[t-mobile or virgin] lg optimus f3 - unlock needed

Search This thread

Tuki22

Jun 3, 2014
Dear friends,:cowboy:
I searched this website and didn't find an answer - PLEASE help!

I have an LG optimus F3 vm720, bought it in the US for 99$. I think it was at T-Mobile or Sprint
but the carrier is Virgin Mobile - that's for sure, as I pay them 30$ per month, the sim-card is "Sprint"]
(how is that possible?)

I am traveling to Berlin and hoped to unlock it (although the cheap, 99$ was domestic only, exc.
Is it possible?
I could not find the IMEI, could not unlock it. Most YouTube vidoes suggest to hit *#06# - my phone does not react to this.
Can anyone please help me unlock it? Should I root it first (hope I would know how to do this).
It is a nice phone, but now I'm so lost I wished I'd bought something that works in Europe(

Thank you for any tip, suggestion and help!!!
Regards

Tangodown78

Mar 8, 2014
Concord
So I did a little searching I found

Your Service Code is 2945#*659#

You might be able to find your IMEI in there some where?

I found that from this YouTube link exsplaning how to unlock the sim (Mind you I am not suggesting you use the site in the video)

also be careful to not change anything in your hidden menu as this can cause problems

Hope this helps.

Tuki22

Jun 3, 2014
Nop, but you are great

It did not work. Nothing happens when i enter 2945#*659# .
But people like you make me love human kind again, anyway! Thank you so much!

So I did a little searching I found

Your Service Code is 2945#*659#

You might be able to find your IMEI in there some where?

also be careful to not change anything in your hidden menu as this can cause problems

Hope this helps.

Tuki22

Jun 3, 2014
Yes, please find the attachment.

Attachments

• IMG_3607.jpg
    IMG_3607.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 1,479

Tangodown78

Mar 8, 2014
Concord
Swappa says you are on Sprint PCS (subsidiaries under the Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, and Assurance Wireless) so I'm guessing that Sprint allows cross usage of Sim Cards?

How to enter code for LG Optimus F3 VM720?

Turn on your LG Optimus F3 VM720 with original sim card (the sim card from operator which your phone is working now),
Enter PIN code if it is necessary,
Type sequence 2945#*XXX# or 2945#*71001#, xxx - are your model name digits (for example if it is E460 type 2495#*460#),
You will se a secret MENU - choose Network or Network Lock,
Type the code from us and accept it.

or

Switch ON your LG Optimus F3 VM720 with a not Accepted SIM Card,
Enter the Unlock Code we send to you.
Your LG Optimus F3 VM720 is unlocked.

So see if you can get into your secret menu with adding your verents if so then you can go foward with searching for the unlock code.

I verified this works with other phones (my lg g flex) by puting in the first set of numbers and then my phones model number (959) so it should work for you... if not then you might need to reset to stock.

Last edited:

sbiswas1204

Feb 20, 2015
lg LS720

hey guys i have same problem. i found out how to access hidden menu but it doesn't have network unlock
i write this 5689#*720#, i have msl code aslo. but i dont khon where it work. please help. me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    problem

hey guys i have same problem. i found out how to access hidden menu but it doesn't have network unlock
    i write this 5689#*720#
    the imei is in about in config menu on the phone.