[SKN] Dark Diamond for PocketCM 0.29+ ***QVGA*VGA*WQVGA*WVGA

Search This thread

AlainL

Dec 21, 2004
Nice ... but link dead

Hi,
This skin is looking very nice.
But, mediafire link is dead.

Invalid File. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team.
The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

I found a link via pocketCM website

don_pipo

Oct 7, 2008
Thanks for reporting.
Actually, direct links don't stay if file is updated :mad:
This is corrected now.

don_pipo

Oct 7, 2008
Ok here's my screenshot (cleartype enabled on left, cleartype disabled on right):

I'm not too sure...but something about the theme on QVGA does not look the same as you screenshots in the original post. Could it be because the theme does not downsize well to QVGA resolution? And the fonts look slightly different, did I do something wrong? I just coped the 2 font files over to my Windows/Font folder prior to installing the theme.

Thanks for your help.
I updated the theme according to your issue in QVGA, fonts should clearly readable now! Plus dot lines are now dots! :)
Hope you'll like it.

AlainL

Dec 21, 2004
Tried your skin, and it look very nice and well finished.
Congratulation !

As you are asking for suggestion for custom settings, I got two :
- Could you add an option to have bigger font in contact list ?
I got a Diamond and when you want to call a contact while doing something else (like walking, ...) i find it's quite difficult to read name.
- I would love to have a pure black background in contact list. So an option to desactivate background would be nice

Félicitations !
Cette skin est vraiment bien finie.

don_pipo

Oct 7, 2008
Tried your skin, and it look very nice and well finished.
Congratulation !

As you are asking for suggestion for custom settings, I got two :
- Could you add an option to have bigger font in contact list ?
I got a Diamond and when you want to call a contact while doing something else (like walking, ...) i find it's quite difficult to read name.
- I would love to have a pure black background in contact list. So an option to desactivate background would be nice

Félicitations !
Cette skin est vraiment bien finie.
Noté!
Nice suggestions. :)
Your requests will be added to next release.
Thanks for your comments and input.
Alex.

Sebbit

Mar 17, 2009
Your skin looks really great, but unfortunately it's very slow on my LG KS20 compared to other skins for PocketCM. I tried to improve the performance by disabling some functions (contact pictures etc.) but that didn't change anything. Is it normal, that your skin needs much more resources? And is there a chance to change that?

don_pipo

Oct 7, 2008
Yes and no, it's a matter of PocketCM + good looking skin! :)
Memory hungry, yes, but slow... No it shouldn't. And "very slow" :confused: Check your phone, because it simply cannot be very slow. Unless you didn't read the first post and the readme.

I'll try my best to reduce graphics weight in the next release and let's hope PocketCM will be less hungry too.

Sebbit

Mar 17, 2009
Sorry, I should have expressed myself more clearly.
The scrolling works fine in every menu once it is loaded. But after the touch on a menu item, contact or sms it "hangs" a while, sometimes up to 10 seconds.
OK, I'll wait for the next release hoping that it will not cause this issue any more.
icon14.gif

EDIT: I did a clean (re)install of PocketCM and your skin an now the performance is much better. God knows, what happend before...

Thank you once again for your great work!

Last edited:

TomAngel

Jul 12, 2008
Localization and Speed enhancements

Hi, you did a great work!

Added a german localization above.

If you want to speed up this theme do the following...

- extract .zip to a folder
- delete Graphics that do not match your resolution
that means only keep vga, qvga or qwvga files
and don't touch files that don't begin with those
- then rezip the files without compression

So I got a file only for qvga of 1MB size.

Runs pretty fast simylar to iOlio

Attachments

• German.lang.ini.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 22

thejoker01

Mar 24, 2008
hey don_pipo

Sorry for not replying, I guess I forgot about this thread!

I just reflashed my ROM so I decided to upgrade to PCM 0.29 and Dark Diamond 0.9.1 and it looks fantastic! Thank you for putting in the fixes!

zanolla

Sep 30, 2008
It seems to look great!
But I have a Samsung i780..
Is there a possibility to have the theme also available for 320x320?
It would be great!

p.s. I have already tried it on my phone, but there is some problem with the normal versione of the theme...

Thank you so much!

humanjoy

Jul 18, 2007
blog.chengchuan.org
I modified the image and fit nicely on my i780 with 96dpi

Attached is the theme for i780 square.

1 - Install PocketCM Contacts 0.29 (http://www.pocketcm.com/contact.php)
2 - Copy the i780_Q.zip to \Program Files\PocketCM in your phone, don't unzip it.
3 - Launch PocketCM and select the theme from Settings.

pocketcm.png

Attachments

• i780_Q.zip
    844 KB · Views: 374

ehehat

Mar 31, 2008
Vegas baby, Vegas
I modified the image and fit nicely on my i780 with 96dpi

Attached is the theme for i780 square.

1 - Install PocketCM Contacts 0.29 (http://www.pocketcm.com/contact.php)
2 - Copy the i780_Q.zip to \Program Files\PocketCM in your phone, don't unzip it.
3 - Launch PocketCM and select the theme from Settings.

pocketcm.png

This looks great! any chance of getting the same thing done to match your blue M2D theme?

redflag

Dec 11, 2007
Newbury
Beautiful

The greatest artist from France since Eric Cantona! Seriously, though, you have done a great job, slick!

zanolla

Sep 30, 2008
Uauh!!!!!
It looks really great!!!
Any chance to have the theme also for 128dpi?
In my opinion, fonts on 96dpi are too small...
Please, please, please... :p

Thank you!!!

don_pipo

Oct 7, 2008
Hey guys,
I've been away for some time and some things happened here...

@thejocker01: Thanks! Glad this suits your expectations :)

@humanjoy: Nice share... In the next update I will add a square resolution theme version, with correctly scaled backgrounds and images.
But for the time being, would you mind keeping away the link to your mod from your donation link? I don't ask for donation for my work, so you shouldn't, moreover if it's my work... Correct me if I'm wrong... :rolleyes:?

@redflag: ;)

@sgmbox: The keyboard is PocketCM Keyboard 0.14 along with the great Nottingham's Black Diamond skin which I like a lot.

@zanolla: PocketCM doesn't handle dpi for fonts but if you need bigger fonts, that should be manageable. It's already in the request list by the way!

Thanks for your support guys.
And if you like my work, and want to show your appreciation by buying a coffee or whatever, and because I don't ask for anything, please donate directly to Quentin Pouplard for its work on PocketCM which is HUGE compared to mine.

Cheers!

zanolla

Sep 30, 2008
Hey guys,

@zanolla: PocketCM doesn't handle dpi for fonts but if you need bigger fonts, that should be manageable. It's already in the request list by the way!

Thanks don_pipo!
The problem for me is that the theme for i780 with 96 dpi doesn't fit well the screen on the i780 with 128 dpi. And I have the i780 in 128 dpi mode, so no way to have your skin looking good on my screen! :(

Bye!