[ROM][WWE][2010-NOV-25][SENSE 2.1/2.5/NO-SENSE] The Captain's Special (23149/21914)

Search This thread

overjjrk

Jan 9, 2009
P.S. That No Sense version I just posted has a few issues. I need to re-cook. Please stay tuned :).

I was just about to flash it, thanks for stopping me!

Just to chime in here, I'm on 2010-02-21_Cap_Special_Sense_2.5_2012_23540_FUZE and my battery has been very good. This Rom is very snappy and I am thankful for it Cap'n!

Still gonna play around with the Senseless Rom though! :D

Dalek_Caan

Aug 19, 2008
Cateret, NJ
Hmm. I can't test this, as I have no SIM contacts. Can someone else verify that no SIM contacts appear in Contacts, even though they are selected? Does your problem apply to both the Sense & standard MS Contacts? I may need to use the original Raphael SIM Manager if this is an issue for everyone.

Did not notice this at first since i imported m SIM contacts but I just took a look and I can verify that SIM contacts do not show in Sense or MS contacts when selected.

Kahgus

Sep 2, 2007
Interesting. In that case, I may need to upgrade the SIM Manager, SIM Toolkit & related packages to the versions that came with the build of Sense. That may be the only way to get them to show up properly. I'll look into changing that for the next round of ROMs to see if it resolves the issue.

Thank you.

Your rom is really great.

KAhgus

swat2002003

Oct 27, 2008
Florida
End Call and Keypad buttons Covered

Spent the last 2 hours searching multiple threads for a solution that will move the end call and keypad buttons in the phone canvas up (they are mostly hidden) so that they can be pressed easily. I confirmed that phcanvga (only one shortcut) is in the Windows Startup folder. Does anyone have a fix?

spideyngo

May 10, 2009
NorthWest
HTC Leo
HTC One (m7)
For AT&T users, the 1.14.25.35 *may* be the best, although I've been having very good success using the one in my sig. You may want to try it and see how it works for you.

I can verify 3% per hour less drain with this radio--> 1.13.25.55 (Raphael).
I switched two weeks ago.

Using Fuze 2/23 Sense 2.5.2012 21892 edition & previous Sense 2.5.xxxx 21xxx editions.

Edit 1: Quick Question to Captain Throwback: Why when IE loads every page (in the CT ROM version I use) is the font HUGE!?

Last edited:

pliquid

Mar 31, 2008
Thx and some question

hey
what a great rom
thx a million
however there some issue i would like to be helped on if you guys may.
i have been searching for way to turn the auto rotate off. but the G-config application seems to be missing.
anyway pls?

another issue is
i tried install MAX Manila 3.0 and the whole sense 2.5 when picture broken..

vanwalsum

Jul 19, 2007
First i want to say what a great rom this is.

But one problem, i can't sms. My TP tells me: message was not send. I don't have that problem with the sense 2.1 version but i want sense 2.5. Is it a known problem and fixable?

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Did not notice this at first since i imported m SIM contacts but I just took a look and I can verify that SIM contacts do not show in Sense or MS contacts when selected.
Ok. I'll have to look into this. I guess the first step is creating some SIM Contacts so I can verify whether or not they're showing up :rolleyes:.

Spent the last 2 hours searching multiple threads for a solution that will move the end call and keypad buttons in the phone canvas up (they are mostly hidden) so that they can be pressed easily. I confirmed that phcanvga (only one shortcut) is in the Windows Startup folder. Does anyone have a fix?
I don't have this issue. I would navigate to the Startup folder, and run phcanvga manually. If it tells you that the position fix has been terminated, run it again, and that should make sure it's running. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what to suggest, outside of a hard reset.

I can verify 3% per hour less drain with this radio--> 1.13.25.55 (Raphael).
I switched two weeks ago.

Using Fuze 2/23 Sense 2.5.2012 21892 edition & previous Sense 2.5.xxxx 21xxx editions.

Edit 1: Quick Question to Captain Throwback: Why when IE loads every page (in the CT ROM version I use) is the font HUGE!?
I hadn't noticed (I use Opera). You can just change the text size in the IE "View" menu.

hey
what a great rom
thx a million
however there some issue i would like to be helped on if you guys may.
i have been searching for way to turn the auto rotate off. but the G-config application seems to be missing.
anyway pls?

another issue is
i tried install MAX Manila 3.0 and the whole sense 2.5 when picture broken..
I don't know anything about MaxManila. Perhaps it doesn't work because I'm including the Footprints & Documents tabs?

First i want to say what a great rom this is.

But one problem, i can't sms. My TP tells me: message was not send. I don't have that problem with the sense 2.1 version but i want sense 2.5. Is it a known problem and fixable?
I am unaware of this problem. i can send SMS just fine. I would recommend re-running Connection Setup, and then trying to send SMS after that. It could be that your network setup just didn't go through all the way the first time. Have you tried sending SMS from both the Sense interface, and the standard Windows Messaging?

Last edited:

vanwalsum

Jul 19, 2007
I am unaware of this problem. i can send SMS just fine. I would recommend re-running Connection Setup, and then trying to send SMS after that. It could be that your network setup just didn't go through all the way the first time. Have you tried sending SMS from both the Sense interface, and the standard Windows Messaging?

Okay i'am gonna try flashing the 2.5 again. Yesterday i installed the rom and even after a hard reset the sms problem existed. But 1 time i ran the connection setup and the other time after the hard reset i did no connection setup. But i wil try it again in a few minutes, first get my TP at 51% battery. I tryed sending sms from both interfaces.

vanwalsum

Jul 19, 2007
Okay i'am gonna try flashing the 2.5 again. Yesterday i installed the rom and even after a hard reset the sms problem existed. But 1 time i ran the connection setup and the other time after the hard reset i did no connection setup. But i wil try it again in a few minutes, first get my TP at 51% battery. I tryed sending sms from both interfaces.

I still get message was not send, try again? wierd...

nkrick

Feb 20, 2009
As mentioned above, here's the fix for the out of position Sense interface in the 21892 2.1 builds. I'll make sure this is fixed on future updates (if any).

When you get a chance, could you please add this fix to the first page of the thread (maybe even to the Sense 2.1 post #2). That way when I get a chance to update I will be able to find it! ;-)

btawney

Mar 21, 2009
DONE!
Perfect! Thanks, it is always nicer to install a ROM that doesn't need any fixes applied than one that does. :D

I agree, great roms, great work. Just a question, how different are the current rom(s) available here than the rom(s) available on wmpoweruser.com?

i.e. the Touch Pro(GSM) WMPoweruser ROM Update

From the website:

"The Touch Pro world has not be the same since the original release of the WMPoweruser Series ROM, well its time for another dose of what we are cooking. The update to this ROM is brought to you by our GSM Touch Pro cook Captain_throwback. He read up on all the comments in our error post and tried his best to fix those in this new release."

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Perfect! Thanks, it is always nicer to install a ROM that doesn't need any fixes applied than one that does. :D
I agree, great roms, great work. Just a question, how different are the current rom(s) available here than the rom(s) available on wmpoweruser.com?

i.e. the Touch Pro(GSM) WMPoweruser ROM Update

From the website:

"The Touch Pro world has not be the same since the original release of the WMPoweruser Series ROM, well its time for another dose of what we are cooking. The update to this ROM is brought to you by our GSM Touch Pro cook Captain_throwback. He read up on all the comments in our error post and tried his best to fix those in this new release."
Responding to this will probably be easier to do in list format. Key differences between WMPU ROM & "Cap's Special":
  • Cap's Special available in Sense 2.1 variety
  • Cap's Special includes EzInput 2.1
  • Cap's Special (Sense 2.5 version) includes Footprints & Documents tabs
  • Cap's Special available in Fuze customized versions.
  • Cap's Special ROMs do not include WMPU "branding"
  • Cap's Special ROMs will be updated with latest builds as they become available, WMPU ROMs will only we updated when instructed

@all

The No non-Sense build has been fixed and can now be accessed here:

The Captain's Special - Build 23541 - "Non-Sense"

Here's what I kept, and what I didn't include:
  • Build updated to 23541 (thanks to Da_G!)
  • Most HTC apps removed (including Album, Comm Manager, EzInput, Menu Enhancement, & Notification Manager)
  • CHome Customizations remain (Titanium Weather, myLocation, ATFavePeople)
  • Opera removed from ROM (IE panel added back to CHome/Titanium)
  • Flip_IT moved under "Utilities"
  • Office Mobile 2010 included
  • JETCET PRINT removed
  • HTC Connection Setup, HTC Calculator, Long Press End Key, HTC Dialer w/Video Call included
Enjoy!

P.S. I think this no-Sense build is actually worthy of being posted on the first page :)

Last edited:

yozart

Dec 5, 2008
Strasbourg
Hey Caps, I noticed an "amazing" thing. The level of my battery decreased steadily during about one day and some hours. And this morning I was at 2%.

But tonight, I'm still at 2% with sending 2-3 sms in the day and getting one call of 2 minutes and connected to the net for 5-10 minutes. In brief, a normal day for me lol.

I noticed a bug: the 3G button in the communication menu (parameters tab) is not working. After I hit it, I'm disconnected from all connections and need to soft reset to have again a signal...

nkrick

Feb 20, 2009
Hey Caps, I noticed an "amazing" thing. The level of my battery decreased steadily during about one day and some hours. And this morning I was at 2%.

But tonight, I'm still at 2% with sending 2-3 sms in the day and getting one call of 2 minutes and connected to the net for 5-10 minutes. In brief, a normal day for me lol.

Sounds like a battery calibration "issue." Keep using it until it shuts down due to low power, then charge it up. On the next discharge the battery meter will probably be much more accurate.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is there any way to disable the caller id slide to unlock? sometimes its a pain to pick up a call and depending if my hands are at all wet i cant slide the slide to pick up a call
    No, not really. You do know you can use the hardware keys to answer the phone, right?

There aren't any non-Slide-to-Answer dialers being made by HTC anymore. The last one I know of was the original Raphael dialer (which doesn't play nice with Sense or WM 6.5).

There is a hack to use the stock Dialer, I think. But it's definitely not as pretty, and I'm not sure how well it works, to be honest :rolleyes:.
    * IMPORTANT *

THIS IS A GSM ROM. Do NOT use this ROM if you have a CDMA (Sprint, Verizon) Touch Pro!!!

To flash a custom ROM, you MUST first flash Hard-SPL by OliNex!!

If you don't know what's involved with flashing a ROM, PLEASE see mskip's guide for n00bs!!

A BIG special thanks to XDA member dschlaefer for donating his Fuze so I can continue cooking for the Raphael!!

I know what you're thinking. Does this forum really need another ROM thread? I agree; I don't think it does either. But, here I am, opening one anyway.

So, here's the skinny:

These ROMs are based on builds 23554, 23541, 21898, and 21893, and are customized for the AT&T HTC Fuze and Touch Pro. One series includes Sense 2.5 VGA, and the other includes Sense 2.1 VGA. For those who want lower CPU usage, go with the Sense 2.1 version.

The 218XX version will generally be the most stable, so if that's what you're looking for, that's the one I'd go with :rolleyes:.

I use the 4-row Start Menu (thanks to showaco), because I like it :p.

What's included in my ROMs (common to both versions):

Cooked in -
    Code:
    Opera_Browser (9.5 for Sense 2.1, 9.7 for Sense 2.5)
    EzInput 2.1 (thanks to [B]rsw686[/B])
    HTC Framework/Shared Resources (thanks to [B]programatix[/B])
    HTC LockScreen (thanks to [B]conflipper[/B] & [B]indagroove[/B])
    Menu Enhancement
    HTC Connection Setup
    Album (Sense 2.5 version includes Social Networking Support - VGA version thanks to [B]programatix[/B])
    Office Mobile 2010
    Windows Live (10.7) - [I]Messenger NOT Included[/I]
    JETCET Print
    Adobe PDF
    Leo Comm Manager
    YouTube (Rhodium version w/Landscape support)
    AT&T Phone Canvas from Tilt 2 (w/Video Share support - thanks to [B]pyrorob[/B] & [B]amarullz[/B])/Rhodium Phone Canvas w/Video Call support
    Arcsoft MMS
    JBlend Java
    Enhanced Power Off Warning
    Streaming_Media
    Quick GPS
    Notification Enhancement (COM5 builds use 3.5, COM2 builds use 2.0 - thanks to [B]Digicast Solutions[/B] for the snooze options CAB)
    Long Press End Key (accessed through a tab in "Buttons" applet under "Settings")
    G Sensor Calibrator
    HTC Calculator
    Teeter
    HTC CAMERA
    RandomAccess (Letter Picker in Contacts)
    FM Radio
    Installed by CAB (uninstallable via "Remove Programs" applet in "Settings") -
    Code:
    Mortscript - thanks to [B]mort[/B]
    Notepad Mobile (thanks to [B]shamasis[/B])
    psShutXP Power Key (skin thanks to [B]dharvey4651[/B])
    AMeBa 0.8 RC (thanks to [B]xtep[/B])
    AutoA2DP (thanks to [B]xiaojin1985[/B] & [B]supware[/B] for the CAB)
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=591248"]DINIK's HD2 Icon Set[/URL]
    6Fg8's Top Bar icons (thanks to bilbobrian)
    Adobe FlashLite Distributable Player
    Flip_IT (Topaz) - thanks to [B]bepe[/B], [B]WildBerry Team[/B], & [B]tom_codon[/B] (COM5 Builds only)
    BsB G-Config (COM2 Builds only)
    Google Maps 4.0
    Microsoft My Phone
    Microsoft Marketplace
    Customization:

This ROM uses RunCC for customization, and supports User Customization (UC).

UPDATE: NEW No-SENSE version available (Fuze & TP Editions)!! See here for details (Fuze Edition): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7989374&postcount=1668; TP Edition: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8079649&postcount=1683

Features:
    • Build updated to 23541 (thanks to Da_G!)
    • Most HTC apps removed (including Album, Comm Manager, EzInput, Menu Enhancement, & Notification Manager)
    • CHome Customizations remain (Titanium Weather, myLocation, ATFavePeople)
    • Opera removed from ROM (IE panel added back to CHome/Titanium)
    • Flip_IT moved under "Utilities"
    • Office Mobile 2010 included
    • JETCET PRINT removed
    • HTC Connection Setup, HTC Calculator, Long Press End Key, HTC Dialer w/Video Call included
    DOWNLOAD LINKS:

The Captain's Special - Build 23541 - "Non-Sense"

Other ROMs/Links:

Post #2: Sense 2.1 VGA - Build 23541/21893 (FUZE - 21898)
    Post #3: Sense 2.5 VGA - Build 23133/21914
    Post #4: Add-On CABs/Fixes/Change Log/To Do/Donation Acknowledgements
    Post #5: FAQ
    Post #6: Tab by Tab Comparison of Sense 2.1 & Sense 2.5
    For the Sense 2.1 lovers . . .

Here's my "refreshed" Sense 2.1 ROM.

Changes since previous version:
    • 6.5.x Build updated to 23149 (COM 3)
    • AMeBa removed from ROM in favor of uTask (smaller memory footprint). NOTE: Long Press Start button now opens Comm Manager, Task Manager icon on Home screen opens Windows Task Manager.
    That's all I can think of for now - it's likely there are other updates (I basically had to rebuild the entire ROM, since my kitchen's been updated).

I must admit, I had forgotten how smooth Sense 2.1 is . . . (I do still prefer all of the other features of Sense 2.5). To each his own, I suppose.

Oh right, almost forgot. Here's the link:

The Captain's Special - Sense 2.1 - Build 23149 - Touch Pro Edition (Mediafire)
    I responded to the 1st two via PM, but I'm not aware of that 3rd item. Is there an additional fix you need for Rogers to fix the timestamp on SMS?

Got the PM ... much appreciated. Some carriers such as Rogers/Fido have an issue with SMS timestamping. Here's a link to a .CAB for those experiencing a time offset issue with SMS:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2252296&postcount=5

The .CAB changes the first registry key below ... but it's possible that the second registry location is required as well.

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting\]
    "TrustTimeZoneField"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\SMS\]
    "RecvTimeStamp"=dword:00000001

Cheers,
    Hi cap :) So i was thinking about new rom :) Are there any new things you could cook in ? You can add hotfixes and so on :)
    I can't think of any reason to cook a new ROM at this point. I'm running a 23151 version of my Sense 2.1 ROM on my Fuze, and it's just about perfect. I almost don't want to cook anything else & ruin it :rolleyes:.