Question about the new firmware coming

Search This thread

the_rooter

Aug 3, 2014
Olean
Hey guys I have a question about this new firmware possibly being released in September. I am all about updating and making my phone up to date, but coming from the LG G2 i have some fear in this. For the G2 if i wanted to update anything..firmware and all I could flash in the custom recovery, but from reading on here I would need to do it through adb. Well question i am told from digital that his GPE will no be affected or broken if I dont update or update. Does this include all aosp roms, and GPE roms?

buckmarble

Sep 18, 2010
Michigan
Hey guys I have a question about this new firmware possibly being released in September. I am all about updating and making my phone up to date, but coming from the LG G2 i have some fear in this. For the G2 if i wanted to update anything..firmware and all I could flash in the custom recovery, but from reading on here I would need to do it through adb. Well question i am told from digital that his GPE will no be affected or broken if I dont update or update. Does this include all aosp roms, and GPE roms?

Yes it does. I totally understand your caution for updating firmware. If you are s-off then you have no worries when it comes to updating the firmware, you will still be s-off after updating. Being s-off you can downgrade the firmware as well if you want.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

the_rooter

Aug 3, 2014
Olean
Yes it does. I totally understand your caution for updating firmware. If you are s-off then you have no worries when it comes to updating the firmware, you will still be s-off after updating. Being s-off you can downgrade the firmware as well if you want.

so aosp wont be effected? Digital says his wont and I am s-off so what step should I use when the time comes?

buckmarble

Sep 18, 2010
Michigan
so aosp wont be effected? Digital says his wont and I am s-off so what step should I use when the time comes?

No it wont affect aosp. Someone will end up posting a firmware only zip that you can flash via fastboot. This will be the easiest way to get updated because you won't have to ruu to get the ota.

Top Liked Posts