Top Apps for Desire S

Search This thread

zeekiz

May 9, 2011
Western Australia
Sorry, my intention of the post was more or less to inform.

I'm sorry if it was perceived in an aggressive manner. I was rather disappointed when it did become an AD supported application, as I would have paid for the application, but the options at the time were distasteful icon packs.

Only on the app settings page, not on the actual widget! What is your complaint exactly?

That sounded far more aggressive a reply than I intended but the point is still valid. Lol.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App

Uppy

Nov 30, 2009
Up t'north
Sorry, my intention of the post was more or less to inform.

I'm sorry if it was perceived in an aggressive manner. I was rather disappointed when it did become an AD supported application, as I would have paid for the application, but the options at the time were distasteful icon packs.

I meant my "what's your complaint" sounded rude, not your comment mate. :)

Yeah I don't use the ugly icon packs, I download png files I like lol

zeekiz

May 9, 2011
Western Australia
Haha I did the exact same thing except I created a few windows phone 7 themed icons in Photoshop.
If you lurk in the post your setup thread around page 5 and 6 I think there are some in there. I used the application mainly to swap the icons of the applications that I had purchased from the market and you can't modify those icons through the apk without breaking the application altogether.

I meant my "what's your complaint" sounded rude, not your comment mate. :)

Yeah I don't use the ugly icon packs, I download png files I like lol

Games:
Angry Birds Seasons: officially more popular than mario
Gangstar West Coast Hustle/Miami Vindication: GTA on your phone.
9mm: beautiful max payne/dead to rights style game but make sure you have 2gb spare
N.O.V.A 2: officially better than N.O.V.A thanks to improved auto aim and tuned controls
Spider-Man Total Mayhem: 3D Platformer
Diversion: 2.5D platforming
Shadowgun: Gears of War for your phone, requires chainfire 3D
Konami Krazy Racers: Mario Kart on your phone and its free!!
Uno: Cos I'm a nerd
Pocket Legends: World of Warcraft on your phone, with anthropomorphic animals a plenty
Star Legends: Phantasy Star Online on your phone, pe-owww bzzzt KA-BOOM *remembers he's 28* >.> forget that bit
Stair Dismount: Push your ex down the stairs, go ahead, its not sick...
Zenonia 1, 2, 3: 2D Zelda style RPG. Be prepared to grind to level up though.
Dungeon Hunter: 3D dungeon crawling, Gauntlet springs to mind.
Shrek Kart: Another pretty Gameloft game

Apps:
Airsync: iTunes for your android
GoSMS Pro: THE best messaging app, no adverts and lots of themes
Dolphin: Privacy issues aside, this should be the stock android browser.
Beejive MSN: Best looking wlm app on android. shame they recently added adverts.
Lockbot Pro: Cos I hate HTCs lockscreen.
MyBackup: free and root not required
Market 3.1.5: Awesome new market
Laputa: ebook reader with fancy page effects
UnRAR Pro: unrar password protected rar files
Swiftkey X: Best next word prediction keyboard out there, cuts my tap tap tapping in half.
Quick Office: Update your resume on the go
Desktop VisualiseR: Custom app names and icons on your sense launcher and its 100% free.
XDA App free: Cos I'm a cheapskate.
MX Video Player: Simply plays everything. much more stable than QQ Player.

Hope my list helps. :-D

I'd recommend DICE Player over MX video player.
It can HW Decode (Read: play without any lag) .MKV up to 720P High@L4.1 (!) along with many other formats and supports embedded subtitles. Great for animé-lovers such as myself :D.
It costs about $5, but it's the only app I've ever bought (besides Titanium Backup), which means quite something (I normally HATE paying for apps).
If you want to try it out first, there's a 3-day trial available as well.

Last edited:

zeekiz

May 9, 2011
Western Australia
Bit of a crude way to approach the call vs texting argument. Some people, such as myself would rather text as I don't exactly feel like trying to make pointless conversation with people over the phone. I purely use text messaging to organise things, as you can be precise, straight to the point, and think about what you are going to say.

I'm glad you like it but real men call, texting is for kids. I mean how different is it from the standard, you want to draw some gay pictures to send to your friends? You want some ad hock design but it feels different because it looks different. Still just a text at the end of the day and if I was to ever send one, which I won't, I wouldn't use SMS pro.

Fag app IMO. That's my wonderful contribution.

Sent from a pay phone using 25¢ nurgas.

Uppy

Nov 30, 2009
Up t'north
Lol while such witty and intellectual retorts are SO entertaining, i'll get the topic back on track if that's ok you delightful human being who I am sure has MANY MANY friends and does not act like a douche in real life. It's fun to pretend :-D

With that in mind, I'd like to add the following to my list:

Whatapp messenger. (Basically free texts)
Gameboid (only if you own the actual games you naughty pirates arggggg)
MyBackUp (no root backup)
Duke Nukem 3D (controls suck though)
Gangstar 2 (more gta for your phone)
Shadowgun (bit naughty listing this but its do-able to get this running, trust me)
Camera360 (best camera app in my opinion)
Laputa ereader (fancy ipad page effects for you people who like fancy and flash apps)

there are a few more to enjoy guys!

To zeekiz: my thoughts exactly, while texting I can still watch telly lol

Last edited:

zeekiz

May 9, 2011
Western Australia
N64oid - Works surprisingly well on the HTC Desire S.

Playing The Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time is truly bringing back the waves of nostalgia ;-).

dudin03

Nov 27, 2010
Lol while such witty and intellectual retorts are SO entertaining, i'll get the topic back on track if that's ok you delightful human being who I am sure has MANY MANY friends and does not act like a douche in real life. It's fun to pretend :-D

With that in mind, I'd like to add the following to my list:

Whatapp messenger. (Basically free texts)
Gameboid (only if you own the actual games you naughty pirates arggggg)
MyBackUp (no root backup)
Duke Nukem 3D (controls suck though)
Gangstar 2 (more gta for your phone)
Shadowgun (bit naughty listing this but its do-able to get this running, trust me)
Camera360 (best camera app in my opinion)
Laputa ereader (fancy ipad page effects for you people who like fancy and flash apps)

there are a few more to enjoy guys!

To zeekiz: my thoughts exactly, while texting I can still watch telly lol

How do you get shadowrun to run? Is it playable? (Any lag?)

Sent from my HTC Desire S via XDA App

HTC Desire S
S-OFF
Virtous Unity ROM

Uppy

Nov 30, 2009
Up t'north
Chainfire to reduce textures dude. Although I think 1.0.3 now supports our phone anyway :-D

It runs perfectly and with very little lag. Only about as often as nova 2 which is hardly ever.

lynxnoon

Jul 6, 2011
Lagos
Guys
hv not been able to run Spiderman Mayhem onmy Desire S.
I downloaded it from ***.com but it keeps telling me additional files to download via wifi n when i try to it fails.
Any help with this pls cos i have N.OV.A. 2 frm same site n it works well
Thanks

Last edited:

zeekiz

May 9, 2011
Western Australia
GTFO with your warez site.

The website looks innocent, but a lot of paid for apps are on there for free.

READ THE RULES.
6. Do not post warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, either pay or find your cracks and serials somewhere else. We do not accept warez nor do we permit any member to promote or describe ways in which Warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained.

Guys
hv not been able to run Spiderman Mayhem onmy Desire S.
I downloaded it from ***.com but it keeps telling me additional files to download via wifi n when i try to it fails.
Any help with this pls cos i have N.OV.A. 2 frm same site n it works well
Thanks

Last edited:

Uppy

Nov 30, 2009
Up t'north
Update on shadowgun, 1.0.3 runs perfectly on the desire s and no chainfire is needed. It's a fantastic gears of war clone and looks stunning so BUY IT ASAP.

Reactions: MarlX

djisgod

Oct 10, 2011
torquay
yeah i bought it as soon as i saw the update supports us! looks way better than it did on chainfire and runs lovely now! the best game on android as of now!

Last edited:
Reactions: MarlX

MarlX

Jun 15, 2011
www.myarcade.ws
Update on shadowgun, 1.0.3 runs perfectly on the desire s and no chainfire is needed. It's a fantastic gears of war clone and looks stunning so BUY IT ASAP.

Thanks for the info, man.. Downloaded it earlier and I was not on WiFi so have to refund coz it says it need to download 250MB of data. By the way, do you know a link where we can download it on PC instead on our phone?

EDIT : LOL I mistakenly Thanked the post after you.

Reactions: djisgod

Uppy

Nov 30, 2009
Up t'north
Oh yeah I should have mentioned that it required additional data downloads. As for a link, I'm not too sure where you can buy it as an apk. Sorry dude :)

djisgod

Oct 10, 2011
torquay
Thanks for the info, man.. Downloaded it earlier and I was not on WiFi so have to refund coz it says it need to download 250MB of data. By the way, do you know a link where we can download it on PC instead on our phone?

EDIT : LOL I mistakenly Thanked the post after you.

thanks for the bonus thanks! lol favour returned! the data files are on the net but i dont think we are allowed to link to warez sites!

EDIT: sent you a pm with a link!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts