Galaxy Core I8260 can't get out of ClockWorkMod

Search This thread

RODEBLUR

Feb 13, 2014
Hi,

I recently rooted my galaxy core, then i installed clockworkmod 6.0 in rom manager i chose it was 2.0 because i didn't know what it was,

then i rebooted in clockworkmod recovery and i did a backup and then installed MONSTER$ rom and i rebooted then i saw the galaxy core i8260 thing and the exclamation mark and then the screen went crazy and it got into the recovery then i wiped it factory nothing then i wiped cache nothing then i wiped dalvik cache nothing then i advanced wiped boot nothing advanced wiped data nothing advanced wiped system nothing
so can anyone help i'm new to this.

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi
Hi,

I recently rooted my galaxy core, then i installed clockworkmod 6.0 in rom manager i chose it was 2.0 because i didn't know what it was,

then i rebooted in clockworkmod recovery and i did a backup and then installed MONSTER$ rom and i rebooted then i saw the galaxy core i8260 thing and the exclamation mark and then the screen went crazy and it got into the recovery then i wiped it factory nothing then i wiped cache nothing then i wiped dalvik cache nothing then i advanced wiped boot nothing advanced wiped data nothing advanced wiped system nothing

Actually this is not a big issue.. but need a bit workout to solve this..

First thing is dont be panic and be aware of what you are doing..

What happened now is a sift brick.. It happened because of the errors caused during installing CWM and which prevent you from booting.

The solution is to flash your phone with the original stock firmware of Galaxy Core using Odin after going into download mode. Hope you are familiar with the process.. Feel free to ask if you have doubts.

Sent From GT-I9082 with RR v5.0.2

hell_lock

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2012
New Delhi

What happened now is a sift brick.. It happened because of the errors caused during installing CWM and which prevent you from booting.

The solution is to flash your phone with the original stock firmware of Galaxy Core using Odin after going into download mode. Hope you are familiar with the process.. Feel free to ask if you have doubts.

Can you tell me where can I get cwm for this phone?

Fikret488

Mar 1, 2013
Serbia
InfinityShooter You bought a galaxy core? This brother will now ROMs and all since you are now among us well come with us sir ;)

Sent from my GT-I8260 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kishankpadiyar

Apr 5, 2012
Chanhassen

Hi,

I kinda have a similar problem. Installed cwm through adb, as the phone wont detect in odin. Then booted into recover, made backup and installed Kit-cat rom. Now the phone wont boot at all. Just comes back to recovery. I tried restoring backup, still doesnt work.
Also tried monster rom. Still the same problem.
Now i cant even flash stock, as it wont detect on odin. However other galaxy core's detect and work fine.
Is there anything i can do to restore.?
Cant even take it to samsung, as it'll boot into custom recovery and they will know i messed up the phone.:(
Any help is really appreciated.. thanks..

MirXas

Jan 26, 2014
Vilnius
Hi,

I kinda have a similar problem. Installed cwm through adb, as the phone wont detect in odin. Then booted into recover, made backup and installed Kit-cat rom. Now the phone wont boot at all. Just comes back to recovery. I tried restoring backup, still doesnt work.
Now i cant even flash stock, as it wont detect on odin. However other galaxy core's detect and work fine.
Cant even take it to samsung, as it'll boot into custom recovery and they will know i messed up the phone.:(

I'd try reinstalling drivers, connecting with a different USB port, reinstalling OS.

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi
Hi,

See whether your phone is getting detected in some other PC, there is chance your micro USB port might have been damaged.

Last edited:
Reactions: James Colvap

kishankpadiyar

Apr 5, 2012
Chanhassen
I'd try reinstalling drivers, connecting with a different USB port, reinstalling OS.

See whether your phone is getting detected in some other PC, there is chance your micro USB port might have been damaged.

Done reinstalling drivers, also changed USB cable/ports.. The thing is, other galaxy core's get detected.. Galaxy SL does, galaxy pro does.. only this particular device doesnt.!
I'll try once on other PC and get back to u.. :)

bjpafa

Aug 29, 2011
Porto

I face a harder problem considering that my I-8262 Duos, rooted and with custom CWM, blocked at the first try to install from zip Monster$. Then the bachup md5 mismatched and the device isn't detectable by Odin (any version). Flash Stock have I tried with no sucess. Adb sideload gives me a sintax error. Maybe there the error is mine. Only for notice of fellow reader. Acepting suggestions.

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi
I face a harder problem considering that my I-8262 Duos, rooted and with custom CWM, blocked at the first try to install from zip Monster$. Then the bachup md5 mismatched and the device isn't detectable by Odin (any version). Flash Stock have I tried with no sucess. Adb sideload gives me a sintax error. Maybe there the error is mine. Only for notice of fellow reader. Acepting suggestions.

When you connect your device to PC, you are not getting any response from PC or is it showing USB device not recognized. Hope you have Kies and all drivers present on your PC.

Md5 mismatch is foubd for your Nandroid backup right?

First you try installing a ROM zip from recovery. Also do full data wipe,cache and all cleared. Search in forums that you can get a flashable zip of official firmware.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Can you tell me where can I get cwm for this phone?

I dont know why you asking me this! cuz you know what it is. Am i wrong somewhere, if so apologies!
    I just tried to explain the easy way to make the phone back to life :) :)
    Nothing like that bro! I genuinely asked that question because you seem to own this phone.
    Anyways I found what I was looking for :)
    Still thanks!

You have the authority and you said it..No offense!! :) :(

When you connect your device to PC, you are not getting any response from PC or is it showing USB device not recognized. Hope you have Kies and all drivers present on your PC.

Md5 mismatch is foubd for your Nandroid backup right?

First you try installing a ROM zip from recovery. Also do full data wipe,cache and all cleared. Search in forums that you can get a flashable zip of official firmware.
    I dont know why you asking me this! cuz you know what it is. Am i wrong somewhere, if so apologies!
    I just tried to explain the easy way to make the phone back to life :) :)

Nothing like that bro! I genuinely asked that question because you seem to own this phone.
    Anyways I found what I was looking for :)
    Still thanks!