Is there a why to uunroot the att note 3 4.4.2 rooted with towelroot?

Search This thread

note crazy

Jun 1, 2014
boston
Im on the att note 3 4.4.2 ota rooted with towelroot. I have been searching everywhere but have come up with nothing. Can someone help me ?

Last edited:

note crazy

Jun 1, 2014
boston
Open SuperSU, click Settings, scroll down and click Full Unroot.

I don't know why you would want to unroot.

I definitely don't want to unroot I was just trying to find out how because all the superuser APK's I have found will not work? I would only unroot of I needed repairs. Can you post the superuser APK I need. Please

147aaron

I definitely don't want to unroot I was just trying to find out how because all the superuser APK's I have found will not work? I would only unroot of I needed repairs. Can you post the superuser APK I need. Please

As far as I know all you have to do is download SuperSU from the playstore after your phone reboots from clicking "make it rain".

I personally have not used this method to root my phone because I was already rooted.

UPDATE : After watching videos online, it seems that SuperSU is not needed with this root method. Without SuperSU, there doesnt seem to be a method to unroot as of right now. I'm sure Chainfire (maker of SuperSU) has already heard about this and is working on a fix for SuperSU. He personally hasn't posted anything about it though.

UPDATE 2 : Apparently the latest SuperSU 1.99r5 fixes this issue. Problem is, that isn't the version on the Google Playstore.

Last edited:

note crazy

Jun 1, 2014
boston
As far as I know all you have to do is download SuperSU from the playstore after your phone reboots from clicking "make it rain".

I personally have not used this method to root my phone because I was already rooted.

UPDATE : After watching videos online, it seems that SuperSU is not needed with this root method. Without SuperSU, there doesnt seem to be a method to unroot as of right now. I'm sure Chainfire (maker of SuperSU) has already heard about this and is working on a fix for SuperSU. He personally hasn't posted anything about it though.

UPDATE 2 : Apparently the latest SuperSU 1.99r5 fixes this issue. Problem is, that isn't the version on the Google Playstore.

Ok so where can I kind it? I have looked everywhere I must be missing it ?

147aaron

Ok so where can I kind it? I have looked everywhere I must be missing it ?

I just private messaged you a download link for the SuperSU 1.99. Let me know if it works

All I did was extract the apk from the zip file and uploaded it to my dropbox. I tested it on my phone and it worked.

UPDATE : Chainfire just updated the apk listed on the playstore. So just go on there and download that version and you will be set.

Last edited:
Reactions: note crazy

note crazy

Jun 1, 2014
boston
Thank you guys I got it works great I how geo can get the bootloader unlocked next that would be amazing thanks again guys.:good:

redh0rse

Nov 21, 2010
Thank you guys I got it works great I how geo can get the bootloader unlocked next that would be amazing thanks again guys.:good:

Good for you. :victory:

Would you by any chance have noticed an unlocked padlock and the word custom when you boot your phone? :confused:

Please share with us how you managed to do your unrooting. Thanks

note crazy

Jun 1, 2014
boston
Good for you. :victory:

Would you by any chance have noticed an unlocked padlock and the word custom when you boot your phone? :confused:

Please share with us how you managed to do your unrooting.

Thanks

I did notice one but after I installed su and disabled the knox it when away and everything went back to official it was weird and I have not unrooted I really do not need to unroot I wanted to k ow how in case I needed to for warranty porpoises. But I have heard that su will not unroot towelroot and a factory reset does not work ether I did try that and its still rooted ..but as far as the padlock and custom it has not showed up in like 2 weeks

Top Liked Posts