[Q] Moto G GPe Downgrade to 4.3?

Search This thread

lysdexic

Jul 12, 2012
Hi All,

I have looked through the forums and searched the Google and I can't find the correct info for my situation so I appreciate any help.

I have a Moto G GPe that I ordered from Google Play, it came with Android 4.4.2 on it and I am wondering if I can downgrade it to 4.3.

I've unlocked the bootloader and it looks like I should be able to flash a custom recovery, the problem is that I cannot find an image for the stock Moto G GPe 4.3 firmware.

I want to downgrade because I have a need to test an Android app on 4.3.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

AgentChaos

Account currently disabled
Aug 4, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Hi All,

I have looked through the forums and searched the Google and I can't find the correct info for my situation so I appreciate any help.

I have a Moto G GPe that I ordered from Google Play, it came with Android 4.4.2 on it and I am wondering if I can downgrade it to 4.3.

I've unlocked the bootloader and it looks like I should be able to flash a custom recovery, the problem is that I cannot find an image for the stock Moto G GPe 4.3 firmware.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

There is a regular Motorola 4.3 firmware available
you can get it here - http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14

just to let you know, it will try to force you to update to 4.4.2

Last edited:
Reactions: lysdexic

lysdexic

Jul 12, 2012

Awesome, I wasn't sure if I could use the regular Motorola firmware on it. I had read that the partition tables are different and I've only seen threads where people flash from the Motorola firmware to the GPe version.

Do you think this would present any problems?

Thanks again.

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
Backup anything you want to keep because the phone will be completely wiped. There should be no problems. You can find out how to easily disable KitKat 'update' notifications, if you search this forum. It's worth considering there is an issue with the Moto G that should be patched in the next few weeks, but that will require you to update to 4.4.2/3.

Last edited:
Reactions: lysdexic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Backup anything you want to keep because the phone will be completely wiped. There should be no problems. You can find out how to easily disable KitKat 'update' notifications, if you search this forum. It's worth considering there is an issue with the Moto G that should be patched in the next few weeks, but that will require you to update to 4.4.2/3.