BlueStacks Beta 4/3 ROOTED & Play Store Guide

Do you have Google Play working on your BlueStacks?

• Yes

Votes: 497 68.4%
  • No

Votes: 230 31.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

codelover

Oct 11, 2012
The Land Below The Wind
I used apktool to extract superuser.apk v3.1.3 but I didn't fine and 'Assets' folder. what tool did you use?

Any tool will do, my Superuser.apk 3.1.3 is 1.4 Mb and has MD5 of E0BC7B7284B68C9539B6EC6B306310E0.

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

In order to place the e2fsck statement to check the FS before /dev/sda1 is mounted, and in a folder that is already being created, where in this file should I place the stament? I see that /data/local/tmp folder is created before /tmp folder (on line 159 of init.rc). could be that the site to do this

The check should be placed in initrd 'init' as the one i posted earlier, check before /dev/sda1 got mounted, and once mounted you can move log to /system/

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

There is not a ROM so far for this tablet, is a new brand that come out just a few weeks ago, and we're trying to find ADB drivers to root it. so right now no-one has a backup or installed CWM in it to do a nand backup.

Any possibility to tell what device is it?

Last edited:

rocketero

Jan 1, 2012
The check should be placed in initrd 'init' as the one i posted earlier, check before /dev/sda1 got mounted, and once mounted you can move log to /system/

thanks, I'll give it a try later on.

Any tool will do, my Superuser.apk 3.1.3 is 1.4 Mb and has MD5 of E0BC7B7284B68C9539B6EC6B306310E0.
About the apktool I got not idea why is not showing the Assets folder, I used only the command :

Code:
apktool d superuser.apk superuiser113

I don't know if there is another option after d to show the Assets.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Any possibility to tell what device is it?

it's a LePan model S, 9.8" with ICS 4.0.3. We have already rooted the 2 previous models LePan1 and Lepan2

Last edited:

LfcFan1977

Nov 7, 2010
I used apktool to extract superuser.apk v3.1.3 but I didn't fine and 'Assets' folder. what tool did you use?
If you only want to extract it, instead of using ApkTool you can just change .apk to .zip and extract with 7zip.

BTW, thank you very much for you help (and codelover... and others).
My BS is now rooted properly with the Superuser.apk popups.
Using your zip from post 486
346Mb free in /system with terminal emulator
363Mb free with Ti

Reactions: rocketero

dari-woka

Jan 30, 2011
Hello!
Im trying to use Wifi Analyzer and another wifi apps, and everytime I have problems with the wifi
Its like this apps cannot handle wifi in bluestacks.
I have it rooted, and also the file sutools-x86 changed, and the superuser updated well after this changes

But the wifi apps it does not seems to work

Wifi Analyzer
WifiKill
FaceSniff

anyone has this apps runing?

thanks

EDIT
I have this error in the wifi settings:

33tmfiu.jpg

But yes, internet is working, explorer, Google Play, whatsapp...
but not this those other kind of apps

Last edited:

codelover

Oct 11, 2012
The Land Below The Wind
Hello!
Im trying to use Wifi Analyzer and another wifi apps, and everytime I have problems with the wifi
Its like this apps cannot handle wifi in bluestacks.
I have it rooted, and also the file sutools-x86 changed, and the superuser updated well after this changes

But the wifi apps it does not seems to work

Wifi Analyzer
WifiKill
FaceSniff

anyone has this apps runing?

thanks

Sorry to disappoint you but there is no wifi thing in Bluestacks, you cannot access your real wifi devices from it, at least for now.

Last edited:

rocketero

Jan 1, 2012
If you only want to extract it, instead of using ApkTool you can just change .apk to .zip and extract with 7zip.

Thanks, didn't know that, always learning something new!
but still not Asset or Assets folder. I'll look for the superuser that @codelover posted the md5, I think the problem is in the version of the apk I have. It's just for fun I guess as I already got what I needed, the sutools(x86)

UPDATE: yeap, that was the issue, the apk file I had didn't have that assets folder, thanks again LfcFan

Last edited:

rocketero

Jan 1, 2012

I've got some progress on the e2fsck,
I placed the 2 lines on init :

Code:
		[COLOR="Blue"]e2fsck -vpy /dev/sda1 > /tmp/fsck_sda1.log[/COLOR]
		mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /android
		cd /android
		zcat /mnt/$SRC/ramdisk.img | cpio -id > /dev/null
		if [ -e /mnt/$SRC/system.sfs ]; then
			mount -o loop /mnt/$SRC/system.sfs /sfs
			mount -o loop /sfs/system.img system
		elif [ -e /mnt/$SRC/system.img ]; then
			mount -o loop /mnt/$SRC/system.img system
		else
			remount_rw
			mount --bind /mnt/$SRC/system system
		fi
		[COLOR="Blue"]mv /tmp/fsck_sda1.log > /android/system/fsck_sda1.log[/COLOR]

the boot process took extra 10 seconds but that's normal with these extra code to run, and I see now a file in /system with the name fcsk_sda1.log. just that the size is zero, and content is blank. but if the command executed shouldn't say or output some message? .. on a second and third boot, the same, size zero and blank file.

Last edited:

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Thanks for the recommendation, I switched my ADW launcher for this one, has more function. But the only thing that I can not adjust with this Go Launcher HD for tables is the margins right and left are too big, and not configuration to make them smaller. One could fit another icon in there if the view is setup for 'small-icons' Is there anyway to adjust this?

I think there is a setting for changing the size of the icons, but I seem to remember only two sizes. ( Upper right corner of BS Display, not the BS Window ) Go to "Preferences->Screen", I think.

rocketero

Jan 1, 2012
I think there is a setting for changing the size of the icons, but I seem to remember only two sizes. ( Upper right corner of BS Display, not the BS Window ) Go to "Preferences->Screen", I think.

yeah it's in the settings>>screen_settings>>icon_size, there are 3 sizes big, default and small, choosing either of the 3 leaves the same margins at right and left of screen. Not a big deal as I chose small icons I can fit 10 columns by 9 rows of icons, more than plenty.

rocketero

Jan 1, 2012
I'm trying to address the issue of sutools in the Root.fs I posted for download (Root.fs-and-initrd.img.zip), so users can update the su binary without having to research in this forum where or how to place and get sutools.x86.

I extracted ramdisk.img and created a data/data/com.noshufu.android.su/files folder and placed the sutools file there.

I repacked with cpio gzip to a new-ramdisk.img, 285.6KB in size(original is 196Kb), I then replaced the ramdisk.img in Root.fs, with this new-ramdisk.img, and repacked a new Root.fs .. AFter booting with this new Root.fs, I Don't see any sutools file in /data/data/com.noshufu.android.su/files folder.

I don't know if that's due to I deleted the original sutools I had there before I replace my Root.fs with this new Root.fs that sutools was not created. Any idea what could have happened or what should I do or change to fix it?

Last edited:

dari-woka

Jan 30, 2011
Thanks for the recommendation, I switched my ADW launcher for this one, has more function. But the only thing that I can not adjust with this Go Launcher HD for tables is the margins right and left are too big, and not configuration to make them smaller. One could fit another icon in there if the view is setup for 'small-icons' Is there anyway to adjust this?
Try ADW launcher EX (its paid software) but is great! great diference between the normal ADW

Last edited:

freakozoid

Nov 11, 2010
Hey,
i cant play the game plague inc. every time i start the game it loads a few seconds ( 20 secs or so) and the force close without any failer massage

codelover

Oct 11, 2012
The Land Below The Wind
I've got some progress on the e2fsck,
the boot process took extra 10 seconds but that's normal with these extra code to run, and I see now a file in /system with the name fcsk_sda1.log. just that the size is zero, and content is blank. but if the command executed shouldn't say or output some message? .. on a second and third boot, the same, size zero and blank file.

That's why i said earlier it is really matter where & when you are performing the check.
And i think you got the wrong idea for checking /dev/sda1 instead of system.img, since checking /dev/sda1 itself might not resolve problems/errors in /system.

You can try something like the following:
Code:
		elif [ -e /mnt/$SRC/system.img ]; then
			[COLOR="Red"]e2fsck -vfy /mnt/$SRC/system.img > fsck_system.log[/COLOR]
			mount -o loop /mnt/$SRC/system.img system
			[COLOR="red"]mv fsck_system.log system/[/COLOR]
		else
* Referring to the rooted Root.fs with system.img

If you want to check /dev/sda1 as well you may need to try different method, also you can try to add another drive eg /dev/sde1 and save the log there, if you want to use this method you might need to consider umount the new drive as soon as the log file has been saved.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

I'm trying to address the issue of sutools in the Root.fs I posted for download (Root.fs-and-initrd.img.zip), so users can update the su binary without having to research in this forum where or how to place and get sutools.x86.

I extracted ramdisk.img and created a data/data/com.noshufu.android.su/files folder and placed the sutools file there.

I repacked with cpio gzip to a new-ramdisk.img, 285.6KB in size(original is 196Kb), I then replaced the ramdisk.img in Root.fs, with this new-ramdisk.img, and repacked a new Root.fs .. AFter booting with this new Root.fs, I Don't see any sutools file in /data/data/com.noshufu.android.su/files folder.

I don't know if that's due to I deleted the original sutools I had there before I replace my Root.fs with this new Root.fs that sutools was not created. Any idea what could have happened or what should I do or change to fix it?

Do you need me to remind you that /data itself is a mountpoint?

Last edited:

rocketero

Jan 1, 2012
Do you need me to remind you that /data itself is a mountpoint?

If that's true, then I should place sutools in ramdisk.img in the folder /data/com.noshufu.android.su/files/sutools (not /data/data/....)

But after doing that and with the new ramdisk.img and new Root.fs, still the sootols file is not created after rebooting BS.

I have started another way to do this but so far not a go. I have extracted the superuser313.apk and look at the applets folder, it contains 2 files, the sutools-armeabi and the sutools-x86.

So if one installs this regular superuser313.apk into BS, the sutools-armeabi is renamed sutools and copied to the ....android.su/files in /data/data.

So I was thinking, and I did try, after extracting the superuser312.apk I renamed the sutools-armeabi >> sutools-x86 and the other way around.

But I used apktool to put back the apk and after trying to installing in BS it fails to intalls. I even used apksing.jar to sign the created apk but still not a go.

codelover

Oct 11, 2012
The Land Below The Wind
If that's true, then I should place sutools in ramdisk.img in the folder /data/com.noshufu.android.su/files/sutools (not /data/data/....)

But after doing that and with the new ramdisk.img and new Root.fs, still the sootols file is not created after rebooting BS.

I have started another way to do this but so far not a go. I have extracted the superuser313.apk and look at the applets folder, it contains 2 files, the sutools-armeabi and the sutools-x86.

So if one installs this regular superuser313.apk into BS, the sutools-armeabi is renamed sutools and copied to the ....android.su/files in /data/data.

So I was thinking, and I did try, after extracting the superuser312.apk I renamed the sutools-armeabi >> sutools-x86 and the other way around.

But I used apktool to put back the apk and after trying to installing in BS it fails to intalls. I even used apksing.jar to sign the created apk but still not a go.

When i said /data is a mountpoint i was referring to 'data' folder in ramdisk, so it doesn't matter where you put the subfolder inside data.
For the apk, technically it should work if you have properly packed & signed the apk, and removed the old apk as well as it's existing data.

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
When i said /data is a mountpoint i was referring to 'data' folder in ramdisk, so it doesn't matter where you put the subfolder inside data.
For the apk, technically it should work if you have properly packed & signed the apk, and removed the old apk as well as it's existing data.

A thought. I rooted BS 0.7.2 last night for some one. I replaced /system/xbin/su with su.x86. I installed supersu.apk to /system/app and its binaries to /system/bin to avoid any conflicts with the su.x86 version. I'm not sure about su prompts but the person I rooted it for says its working great. When I get off work, I'll pm him to see.

Sent from my LG-P509

codelover

Oct 11, 2012
The Land Below The Wind
A thought. I rooted BS 0.7.2 last night for some one. I replaced /system/xbin/su with su.x86. I installed supersu.apk to /system/app and its binaries to /system/bin to avoid any conflicts with the su.x86 version. I'm not sure about su prompts but the person I rooted it for says its working great. When I get off work, I'll pm him to see.

Sent from my LG-P509
The existing su & Superuser work just fine, is just @rocketero insist to get rid the red warning message in the info page with his Root.fs,
so users can have a better looking Superuser interface without having to fix it on their own.

I was looking for 'su' x86 that is compatible with SuperSU but could not find any, the one comes with SuperSU that i have is ARM version.
Need to find out what Root Checker says about the su in the mentioned /system/bin/su

Last edited:

rocketero

Jan 1, 2012
The existing su & Superuser work just fine, is just @rocketero insist to get rid the red warning message in the info page with his Root.fs,
so users can have a better looking Superuser interface without having to fix it on their own.

I was looking for 'su' x86 that is compatible with SuperSU but could not find any, the one comes with SuperSU that i have is ARM version.
Need to find out what Root Checker says about the su in the mentioned /system/bin/su

I gave up on that pursuit as I now realize that even if I could get that fixed, once there is un update on Google Store for a superuser app, then this new app will replace the already fixed sutools(x86 version) with its own sutools (armeabi) version. So let's each and every one fix it on their own :fingers-crossed:

Now about copying two different versions of su, one to /bin and other to /xbin, I wouldn't recommend it, it may work but in the long run is better to stick with the su-3.2.x86 that is working fine in both folders as I placed them in the downloadable Root.fs. this in case one wants to replace the su with the next release, there is a fallback while deleting in one folder (/bin) then replacing it, chmod/chown it and then once this is done move to the next folder /xbin and replace it also without loosing root and without having to create another Root.fs

Last edited:

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
OK. Question then. As I mentioned, I rooted BS 0.7.2 but I run 0.7.5.2700. Would I run into any issues trying to boot the older version? Haven't tried, tho it won't b to hard to figure out.

Sent from my LG-P509

rocketero

Jan 1, 2012
OK. Question then. As I mentioned, I rooted BS 0.7.2 but I run 0.7.5.2700. Would I run into any issues trying to boot the older version? Haven't tried, tho it won't b to hard to figure out.

Sent from my LG-P509

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, you rooted 0.7.2.x which stills uses Data.fs and SDcard.fs, I guess you took Root.fs appart and injected su to system.img. if you use that Root.fs in 0.7.5.x will it work? and what about the initrd.img, did you also took it apart and changed anything to it?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SEE POST 3 FOR ROOT GUIDE

Below you will find the neccesary steps needed to get Google Play to run on BlueStacks Beta

1. Install Root Explore (can be downloaded for free using bluestacks and typing in the app name)

2. Download the Vending.apk and Google Framework from this post.
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Misc/Bluestack/
    3. Copy them to /data/bst

4. Give them these Permissions
    (rwxr-xr-x) or through adb:

Code:

adb shell chmod 755 /data/bst/vending.apk
    adb shell chmod 755 /data/bst/googleservicesframework.apk

untitled4.png

5. Reboot Bluestacks

6. Download ADW Launcher if you haven't (this is not a requirement but it helps as if you already have Google Play in your PC you just find it through /data/windowsdata)

7. Find Google Play and sign in with your email and password.

untitledquq.png

Step by Step Guide on how to get into root.fs and mount the system.img

Click Here

The programs that are listed in the tutorial can also be found on my site here:

Along with those programs you will find all the tools,apks, installers you will need to get the market on Bluestacks Beta along with the tools to modify its files.
    ---Rooting BlueStacks Beta---

DOWNLOAD LIST (assuming you already have BlueStacks installed):
    Code:
    1.	initrd-betahack.img   	***INCLUDED***
    2.	ramdisk.img   		***INCLUDED***
    3.	system.img-----------------NOT INCLUDED!!!
    4.	su.x86			***INCLUDED***
    5.	BlueRegistryMOD	***INCLUDED***
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download from Here:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Misc/Bluestack/Rooting BlueStacks Beta/

Code:
    These are the custom files needed for root and r/w
    -initrd-betahack.img
    -ramdisk.img
    -system.img
    -su.x86
    FILE: initrd-betahack.img
    -From Beta (modified)
    -Place it in \%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android\

FILE: ramdisk.img
    -From Mod-V3.zip alpha

FILE: system.img
    -Extracted from xRepinsSporsx Root.fs (for Google Play)
    Or
    -Extracted from latest BlueStacks Root.fs

FILE: su.x86
    -From Androidx86 build (extracted from rooted alpha)
    -This is the x86 superuser binary that auto-grants superuser-rights
    ***This file will be pushed to android using adb later on***

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Code:
    These files are the stock Beta files and remain in place
    -kernel.elf
    -Data.fs
    -Prebundled.fs
    -SDCard.fs
    FILE: kernel.elf, Data.fs, Prebundled.fs, SDCard.fs
    -From Beta
    -Placed in \%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android\

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Changes that need to be made to the registry are contained in BlueRegistryMOD.reg

FILE: BlueRegistryMOD.reg

***WARNING***
    YOU MUST ENTER YOUR SPECIFIC USER ID BEFORE RUNNING BlueRegistryMOD.reg !!!
    Where the registry key says ENTER-YOUR-GUID-HERE you need to enter the number (with dashes) found here:

FIND YOUR SPECIFIC GUID HERE!!!
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BlueStacks]
    “USER_GUID”=”SOME-NUMBERS-HERE”

Example of a GUID:
    “USER_GUID”=”8dfcb602-4b7d-11e1-9dc9-f3dea6cb4293”

Example of a modified “BootParameters” with correct GUID and changes made to mount /system:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BlueStacks\Guests\Android]
    "BootParameters"="root=/dev/sda1 SRC=/android DATA=/dev/sdc1 SDCARD=/dev/sdd1 GUID=8dfcb602-4b7d-11e1-9dc9-f3dea6cb4293 armApps=true GlMode=1 OEM=BlueStacks "

***ENTER-YOUR-GUID-HERE must be changed in 2(two) places in BlueRegistryMOD.reg***
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THIS IS THE PROCESS:
    ***Make sure to exit BlueStacks before proceeding***

1. Paying attention to the guidelines above, place the following files in their correct location – this includes initrd-betahack.img, ramdisk.img, and system.img.
    2. After finding your GUID and making the appropriate changes to BlueRegistryMOD.reg in 2(two) places, run the registry file.
    3. Start/restart BlueStacks – go to the Start menu>type Start Bluestacks
    4. Start adb on your computer
    a. Connect to bluestacks - #adb connect 127.0.0.1:5555
    b. Ensure you have root access - #adb root
    i. You should get message: “adbd is already running as root”
    c. Mount system as read/write - #adb remount
    d. Remove ‘dummy’ superuser - #adb shell rm /system/xbin/su
    e. Push x86 superuser to BlueStacks - #adb push su.x86 /system/xbin/su
    i. su.x86 must be in the same Windows directory you are running in the console
    f. Correct the permissions for superuser - #adb shell chmod 6711 /system/xbin/su
    g. Remount system read only - #adb shell mount -o ro,remount t-ext4 /dev/sdb1 /system
    h. Exit adb by closing the console window
    5. Restart BlueStacks – go to the Start menu>type Start BlueStacks
    6. At this point you should have root and read/write access.
    a. Verify root using a tool like Root Check. I suggest Root Check Pro because it will point you to what the problem is if you do NOT have root.
    b. Verify read/write access using a tool like Root Explorer.
    7. Enjoy.

***This is a sure-fire way to get root and read/write access. However, I find that there are still issues with GAPPS (gmail, calendar specifically)

Download from here:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Misc/Bluestack/Rooting BlueStacks Beta/

Extended system.img

http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Misc/Bluestack/Extended system.img/
    Lost, Confused, Cant get the Market to run with the instructions above?

Alternative Way-UPDATED 4/2/2012 :

I have uploaded a modified root.fs to my site for you to download

I added the the market per the instructions in the tutorial on the blog.

Steps:
    Download the root.fs and overwrite the current root.fs on your computer.

Make sure to stop all instances of BlueStacks before overwriting the file. Also Please Please make a backup of your original root.fs before overwriting the file with the modified one.

Once you have copied over the new root.fs start Bluestacks and wait for it to load up.

Congrats you have the newest Market running on BlueStacks.

You might need to install ADW Launcher inorder to see the Play Store/Market. It doesnt show up in the bluestacks launcher

Files can be downloaded from here:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Was going to post my own guide but someone beat me to it.
    Here a guide on some of the Registry Tweaks

http://droidhackings.blogspot.com/2012/03/some-useful-registry-tweaks-to-optimize.html
    ***Update: TUTORIAL!!!***

View attachment 981366---Rooting BlueStacks Beta---

PLEASE NOTE: AS OF NOW (4.06.2012) ROOTING WILL CAUSE SOME OF THE HIGH DEFINITION BLUESTACKS ARM-EMULATION TO NOT WORK. THIS MEANS IT WILL NOT RUN ALL THE APPS THAT IT RAN PREVIOUS TO ROOTING.

DOWNLOAD LIST (assuming you already have BlueStacks installed):
    1. initrd-betahack.img ***INCLUDED***
    2. ramdisk.img ***INCLUDED***
    3. system.img---------------NOT INCLUDED!!!
    4. su.x86 ***INCLUDED***
    5. BlueRegistryMOD ***INCLUDED***

----------------------------------------------------------------

These are the custom files needed for root and r/w
    -initrd-betahack.img
    -ramdisk.img
    -system.img
    -su.x86

FILE: initrd-betahack.img
    -From Beta (modified)

FILE: ramdisk.img
    -From Mod-V3.zip alpha

FILE: system.img
    -Extracted from xRepinsSporsx Root.fs (for Google Play)
    Or
    -Extracted from latest BlueStacks Root.fs

FILE: su.x86
    -From Androidx86 build (extracted from rooted alpha)
    -This is the x86 superuser binary that auto-grants superuser-rights
    ***This file will be pushed to android using adb later on***

----------------------------------------------------------------

These files are the stock Beta files and remain in place
    -kernel.elf
    -Data.fs
    -Prebundled.fs
    -SDCard.fs

FILE: kernel.elf, Data.fs, Prebundled.fs, SDCard.fs
    -From Beta
    -Placed in \%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android\

------------------------------------------------------------------

Changes that need to be made to the registry are contained in BlueRegistryMOD.reg

FILE: BlueRegistryMOD.reg

***WARNING***
    YOU MUST ENTER YOUR SPECIFIC USER ID BEFORE RUNNING BlueRegistryMOD.reg !!!
    Where the registry key says ENTER-YOUR-GUID-HERE you need to enter the number (with dashes) found here:

FIND YOUR SPECIFIC GUID HERE!!!
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BlueStacks]
    “USER_GUID”=”SOME-NUMBERS-HERE”

Example of a GUID:
    “USER_GUID”=”8dfcb602-4b7d-11e1-9dc9-f3dea6cb4293”

Example of a modified “BootParameters” with correct GUID and changes made to mount /system:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BlueStacks\Guests\Android]
    "BootParameters"="root=/dev/sda1 SRC=/android DATA=/dev/sdc1 SDCARD=/dev/sdd1 GUID=8dfcb602-4b7d-11e1-9dc9-f3dea6cb4293 armApps=true GlMode=1 OEM=BlueStacks "

***ENTER-YOUR-GUID-HERE must be changed in 2(two) places in BlueRegistryMOD.reg***
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THIS IS THE PROCESS:
    ***Make sure to exit BlueStacks before proceeding***
    1. Paying attention to the guidelines above, place the following files in their correct location – this includes initrd-betahack.img, ramdisk.img, and system.img

2. After finding your GUID and making the appropriate changes to BlueRegistryMOD.reg in 2(two) places, run the registry file

3. Start/restart BlueStacks – go to the Start menu>type Start Bluestacks

4. Start adb on your computer
    _a. Connect to bluestacks - #adb connect 127.0.0.1:5555
    _b. Ensure you have root access - #adb root
    _____x. You should get message: “adbd is already running as root”
    _c. Mount system as read/write - #adb remount
    _d. Remove ‘dummy’ superuser - #adb shell rm /system/xbin/su
    _e. Push x86 superuser to BlueStacks - #adb push su.x86 /system/xbin/su
    _____x. su.x86 must be in the same Windows directory as your console
    _f. Correct superuser permission - #adb shell chmod 6711 /system/xbin/su
    _g. Remount system read only - #adb shell mount -o ro,remount -t ext4 /dev/sdb1 /system (THIS IS NOW CORRECT, THANKS)
    _h. Exit adb by closing the console window

5. Restart BlueStacks – go to the Start menu>type Start BlueStacks

6. At this point you should have root and read/write access.
    _a. Verify root. I suggest Root Check Pro, it will point you to what the problem is if you do NOT have root.
    _b. Verify read/write access using a tool like Root Explorer.

7. Enjoy.

***This is a sure-fire way to get root and read/write access. However, I find that there are still issues with GAPPS (gmail, calendar specifically).***

Please comment if this works/doesn't work for you.
    Remember to hit the 'thanks' button (if you're thankful)

I can't wait to see what people do with this. I am working on getting a larger system.img...

Files Included in Download:
    initrd-betahack.img
    ramdisk.img
    su.x86 binary (not apk!)
    BlueRegistryMOD.reg
    "HowTo Root BlueStacks" (doc)
    "HowTo Root BlueStacks" (pdf)

EDIT: Replaced .zip with working one :)
    [root][repack] 0.7.12.896 Update !

Root Package:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?otl79weytj7qm9b
    REG: (1280x720,1024mb RAM)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?oqn3l345ynbxawr

If someone want to change the resolution use registry editor
    resolutionfs8.png

bluestacks7fs8.png

Install NFO:

• (Win key + R)
    • "%Program Files%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX86)
    • "%Program Files(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX64)
    • Copy files from this package to ""WINDOWS_DRIVE""\ProgramData\BlueStacks\...
    • Import to registry "1280x720 & 1024ram.reg" or not...
    • Start Bluestacks