Our problems are solved.

Search This thread

johnminator

Aug 30, 2012
Ok this is not a quick fix but it can have very Con or problem fixed for the htc droid dna fixed and solved.

Ok if you are willing to do this or know somebody who could do it that would be fine.

Now the droid dna is a great devices maybe the best and fastest. But...... the only con is that the batery is small and nonremovable not a big problem for me but some other people think it is a game changer. So my lil bootlegget fix is just like the galaxy s 3 it has a battery extended back cover. So....... just like the s3 if we could have a battery extender cover that would fix one problem. And also if the batter cover could include a sdcard we could fix the other problem. So im just bringing this out if we could get this done it would be great!:good::good:

Last edited:

nkd

Aug 12, 2010
I like the battery case idea but micro sd would not be that easy, you would have to have usb host support and I believe you would have to be rooted and have a kernel support. I know I know most of us can do it but 90% of the average users probably wont have any idea what root is.

gocool767

Dec 29, 2011
This is only a usb holder on the case, it does not connect to the phone in any way from hat i can see/read on google

Last edited:
Reactions: androidxen

flaring afro

Jul 11, 2011
Then this big case would make it feel like the size of the Note 2 in hand, and I'd rather have a larger screen then...

The real solutions are going to be opening up the phone and getting to the battery and putting a denser battery of the same size in its place and looking for the sd slot pins based on where it is in the Butterfly. Hell, it might even have the sd slot hidden within, anything's possible. The Nexus 4 has an LTE chip in it so who knows.

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
http://www.droid-life.com/2012/11/18/ifixit-teardown-reveals-7-band-lte-chip-inside-nexus-4/

It's pretty surprising, but I guess I don't know how much each LTE chip costs to put in there either.

That chip likely doesn't actually have the lte components in it or they are shorted out. And there is no antenna or amplifier for it in there. They were just saving costs by using as close of components as they could. The current nexus 4 will never have lte capabilities.

flaring afro

Jul 11, 2011
That chip likely doesn't actually have the lte components in it or they are shorted out. And there is no antenna or amplifier for it in there. They were just saving costs by using as close of components as they could. The current nexus 4 will never have lte capabilities.

How does it save costs? But the point is that they left it in there. The DNA could have the sd slot with no way of accessing it without taking the phone apart because it was easier/cheaper to do that than setup an assembly line for the boards separate from the Butterfly's. It's still possible the DNA has sd capabilities that just aren't advertised (or easily accessible).

Reactions: Ronn Plae

vdChild

Jun 26, 2010
Well if the pinot is there we could always put one in with j parts

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Fastlivin

Mar 23, 2011
With the rise in 3D printing, I wonder how hard this would be?

For instance, I see there are really detailed CAD models of, say, the Galaxy Nexus:

[dohtml]<iframe src="http://www.grabcad.com/embed_viewer?id=75e9b0a8b5582cacaf8d88d0ed6c0326" width="600" height="400" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>[/dohtml]

Couldn't someone do the same for the DNA, then your case is really limited by your ability to come up with something on Sketchup?

phobos512

Mar 1, 2009
How does it save costs? But the point is that they left it in there. The DNA could have the sd slot with no way of accessing it without taking the phone apart because it was easier/cheaper to do that than setup an assembly line for the boards separate from the Butterfly's. It's still possible the DNA has sd capabilities that just aren't advertised (or easily accessible).

It saves cost because it simplifies the manufacturing floor and the logistics support requirements (inventory management, supplier management, shipping, tracking, etc.). They have multiple products using the same components so they also get better discounts for ordering greater quantities of the chip.

That said, not putting a part on is still cheaper than using the same part, and since the mainboard in the Deluxe, DNA and J Butterfly are all likely the same it doesn't cost anything (receipt initial employee training) to not solder the microSD card slot on in one variant.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

flaring afro

Jul 11, 2011
It saves cost because it simplifies the manufacturing floor and the logistics support requirements (inventory management, supplier management, shipping, tracking, etc.). They have multiple products using the same components so they also get better discounts for ordering greater quantities of the chip.

That said, not putting a part on is still cheaper than using the same part, and since the mainboard in the Deluxe, DNA and J Butterfly are all likely the same it doesn't cost anything (receipt initial employee training) to not solder the microSD card slot on in one variant.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I was going to say that nothing that should be sharing the Nexus 4's board is LTE, but I forgot the Optimus G has a version that is. So I guess that could be it, though I'd think that a LTE chip is expensive enough to justify a line for the Sprint version and another for the AT&T Optimus/Nexus 4 but maybe not.

Ndaoud360

Oct 19, 2009
Trust me removing the DNA battery wont be hard if you look at a vid of opening the ONE X just pry it open and the battery is there easy to remove. YES it may have an actual sd slot inside but we don't for sure the HTC HD 7 had one internally so who knows.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is only a usb holder on the case, it does not connect to the phone in any way from hat i can see/read on google