[COLLECTION][GUIDE] HTC M7 RUU, OTA, and Stock Nandroid Downloads

Search This thread

Maichel

Dec 31, 2007
Good idea! Now I am checking here daily to see if the 1.54 RUU's are there already, or not :)

Maichel

Dec 31, 2007
RUU related question...if in the upcoming 4.3 update our bootloader will be upgraded from 1.54 to 1.55...should that also clear tampered and relocked?

crushalot

Jun 18, 2011
Raleigh
www.htc1guru.com
RUU related question...if in the upcoming 4.3 update our bootloader will be upgraded from 1.54 to 1.55...should that also clear tampered and relocked?
The latest hboot is already 1.55. The Tampered and bootloader lock status will not ever be removed from a bootloader update.

They are HTC functions that are built into every hboot version.
The Tampered means that the bootloader has detected either a non standard kernel or recovery(I think it is kernel, but it could be both). In order to get rid of it, non standard code must be injected into one or more of the bootloader related partitions on the phone to ignore the detections. That is how revone gains s-off and also how it can remove the Tampered text from showing on the bootloader screen. That same method of hack is also used to set the desired output for the bootloader status, ie that is why revone can override relocked and show just locked.

So in conclusion any updates from HTC or carriers will never get rid of these things. The only thing that can get rid of them is by hacking the partitions and inserting code to do so. So basically only hack tools or modified hboot files would be able to rid those.
I hope that helps.

Reactions: Maichel

crushalot

Jun 18, 2011
Raleigh
www.htc1guru.com
How do you use these RUU zip files? I have bricked my HTC ONE flashing firmware, and now it nolonger boots.
Depends on the level of Brick, hard or soft. A soft brick means the phone doesn't boot but you can still access the bootloader or recovery.
If you can still access the phone's bootloader, then you should be able to connect a USB cable and run fastboot commands.

If you are S-off, connect the phone while in the bootloader so it shows fastboot USB. Then drop the RUU.zip file in your fastboot/adb folder and then it flashes just like firmware.

If you have the correct CID for the RUU, then you can leave the bootloader unlocked. If you have super CID then you may need to lock the bootloader first.
The commands would be:
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
Then:
Code:
fastboot flash zip RUU.zip

Hope that helps.

Reactions: htc-2014

AMDZen

Sep 6, 2013
Denver
Moto G7 Power
Depends on the level of Brick, hard or soft. A soft brick means the phone doesn't boot but you can still access the bootloader or recovery.
If you can still access the phone's bootloader, then you should be able to connect a USB cable and run fastboot commands.

If you are S-off, connect the phone while in the bootloader so it shows fastboot USB. Then drop the RUU.zip file in your fastboot/adb folder and then it flashes just like firmware.

If you have the correct CID for the RUU, then you can leave the bootloader unlocked. If you have super CID then you may need to lock the bootloader first.
The commands would be:
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
Then:
Code:
fastboot flash zip RUU.zip

Hope that helps.

My issues are outlined here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2435364

I am not sure what s-off means so I don't know about that part ( if I am S-off?) No clue.

OK I have downloaded both the RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_Cingular - 1.26.502.12 - Decrypted and the stock att.zip from this page
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2428276

And done both of them using the command given. I can get to bootloader fine (except that its black and a dying android as opposed to white screen as it was previous) and I can do the rebootRUU fine and get the chrome HTC across the screen.

Both of those RUU's "send" the zip (sending 'zip') OKAY then when (writeing 'zip') (bootloader) signature checking ... for a while
Then it says FAILED (remote: 12 signature verify fail) finished. total time, etc.

Stll no luck

Last edited:

Maichel

Dec 31, 2007
Wow thanks lot for this!

Now I really hope that the 1.54 HBOOT will be available soon, but as you told already they should come soon...

Maichel

Dec 31, 2007
Not yet. They just released the 4.2.2 RUU for the One X, so hopefully the One will be not too far behind. No definitive word on when they might drop. It's a waiting game.

Wow you are really on to this :)

But is that not strange? For One X 4.2.2 OTA was released much later as 4.2.2 for One, but the RUU is available earlier?

Once again, thanks a lot for your good explanations and quick replies!

crushalot

Jun 18, 2011
Raleigh
www.htc1guru.com
Wow you are really on to this :)

But is that not strange? For One X 4.2.2 OTA was released much later as 4.2.2 for One, but the RUU is available earlier?

Once again, thanks a lot for your good explanations and quick replies!
Thanks. It is a little strange, but I have given up on trying to figure out HTC's reasoning for just about everything they do. Very little consistency across different devices.
If I had to guess I would assume the delay for them not posting the newer RUU's might be based on the chipset used in the One. It shares the same Qualcomm chips that created a stink about a month ago when Google said there would not be factory images released for the Nexus 7. They then reversed course but it seems Qaulcomm has more to do with when a factory dump or RUU is released than we might think.

Reactions: Maichel

Top Liked Posts