[Q] Able to call/receive calls, can't listen, but I can be heard by the other person

Search This thread

Togatheone

Aug 15, 2007
Yesterday I answered a phone call while playing the Family Guy Game (The Quest For Stuff) and using my 3G. As usual, the game had stopped when the phone call rang but the music from the game kept playing in the backgound while I was talking with the other person. The phone was very slow during this whole process (starting a little bit before the first phone call).

After hanging up the phone, I tried many times to call the other person to no avail. Tried to call other people and even emergency numbers. VoIP still works, headphones/speakers also works and the other person can listen to me when I call. Seems to me to be a software problem rather than hardware.

Here is what I have tried so far:

- Rollback to previous CM version;
- Wipe data/Clear Cache/Reinstall phone dialer;
- Uninstall the game+data, uninstall the dialer and reinstall it;
- Boot phone into safe mode.

I am using 11-20140607-NIGHTLY-n7100 on Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100.

I am running out of options here and I would really appreciate some help.

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
Yesterday I answered a phone call while playing the Family Guy Game (The Quest For Stuff) and using my 3G. As usual, the game had stopped when the phone call rang but the music from the game kept playing in the backgound while I was talking with the other person. The phone was very slow during this whole process (starting a little bit before the first phone call).

After hanging up the phone, I tried many times to call the other person to no avail. Tried to call other people and even emergency numbers. VoIP still works, headphones/speakers also works and the other person can listen to me when I call. Seems to me to be a software problem rather than hardware.

Might be missing drivers.
There's an app on Play Sore', named 'Volume Booster+', give a try with that.

Reactions: Togatheone

EmptyArea

Dec 17, 2010
Are you saying a factory reset didn't work, nor a clean install of cm?
If so, return to a stock rom (match your bootloader to decide which stock rom - at least 4.1.2 and no higher if you aren't knoxed yet). Twice on two phones I've have issues with cm where a stock rom flash and then return to cm was the only solution I could find.

Reactions: Togatheone

Togatheone

Aug 15, 2007
If so, return to a stock rom (match your bootloader to decide which stock rom - at least 4.1.2 and no higher if you aren't knoxed yet). Twice on two phones I've have issues with cm where a stock rom flash and then return to cm was the only solution I could find.

I did the factory reset and it worked. And today (again) the same bug happened right after launching the Family Guy game. I am trying other solutions before doing a factory reset again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Might be missing drivers.
    There's an app on Play Sore', named 'Volume Booster+', give a try with that.
    have you muted all sounds? unmute your phone and up the volume and then reboot your phone.