Dzo's Aurora ICS for u8800 - General Discussion

Search This thread

Mr.Wolf

Apr 2, 2007
Missing call notification led, doesn't work here.
To fix it, I have to install light flow lite, suggested by DZO here: do led notifications work?

@Loureiro:
Maybe this fix could be added to the 1st post...

@All:
Anyone without this problem?

BTW, light flow lite, works without enabling pm8058 control and hw control.
Should I enable it anyway?

I think I have more freezes/instability with this app.

zendragonfx

May 20, 2012
Does anyone know how to change the (useless for me) search key to task_switch?
Changing the keylayouts in system/usr alone doesn't do anything.

Bruno Soares

Mar 5, 2012
Hello friends.
Is there any mod that does change the music with the volume buttons, as there is Wakeup with volume keys?
Thank you.

Ps: Sorry if yes and I have not found ... : (

Loureiro

Aug 6, 2011
Alentejo
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Missing call notification led, doesn't work here.
To fix it, I have to install light flow lite, suggested by DZO here: do led notifications work?

@Loureiro:
Maybe this fix could be added to the 1st post...

@All:
Anyone without this problem?

BTW, light flow lite, works without enabling pm8058 control and hw control.
Should I enable it anyway?

I think I have more freezes/instability with this app.

thanks, I'll do that.

btw I never used light flow. before adding to 1st post I'm going to test it.

EDIT:
Yep, Light flow lite does really fix missing call notify with LED blinking. But It really can cause more instability due to the amount of memory used by this app. In my case, it's using 42MB of ram, making aurora slower. I have my apps constantly closed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.Wolf

Davoss

Jun 18, 2011
Czech republic
Hi,
I have problems with overheating my phone. After few minutes of playing Where is my water phone heats up very quickly (up to 45 °C) and battery goes away fast. Same with mobile data (2G or 3G), but with mobile data this should be normal, suppose. Aurora 4.0 and 1 GHz.

Is this only my problem?

VuDuCuRSe

Dec 11, 2010
Anyone having sleep issues with 4.0?

I'm noticing some problems when the phone is in (I assume) deep sleep.
I remove the charging cable and the green led is still lit.
I plug the headphones and poweramp doesn't start.
Someone talks to me on Google Talk and I don't get the message.
and so on...

As soon as I click the power button and the phone wakes up, things work as expected.

If the phone is no longer charging the green led turns off, if the headphones are plugged poweramp starts playing and if I have received messages on Google Talk, I get them on the Talk app.

Installed 4.0 from scratch... flashed B528, flashed 4.0 and did a factory reset.

dzo

Senior Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2008
Auckland
Hi there, I'm using version 3 Update 5, and I have the exact same issue described here: http://code.google.com/p/ice-cream-sandwich-sgs/issues/detail?id=381
Is there any solution known?

It's because the internal sd card is mounted twice, I did this because people needed the extra mount for the Huawei pc app to work. Easiest fix is to only store media on the external card. I enlarged the data partition on my phone so the internal media partition isn't useful anyway.

Reactions: Edward Stanbury

mangoman

Dec 20, 2006
thanks, I'll do that.

btw I never used light flow. before adding to 1st post I'm going to test it.

EDIT:
Yep, Light flow lite does really fix missing call notify with LED blinking. But It really can cause more instability due to the amount of memory used by this app. In my case, it's using 42MB of ram, making aurora slower. I have my apps constantly closed.

40MB for light flow was too much for me. Also it made waking the phone with volume buttons difficult.

Sent from my HUAWEI MediaPad using Tapatalk 2

bakker_be

Jan 18, 2006
It's because the internal sd card is mounted twice, I did this because people needed the extra mount for the Huawei pc app to work. Easiest fix is to only store media on the external card. I enlarged the data partition on my phone so the internal media partition isn't useful anyway.
Thanks, I'll try that :)

dabien101

Jun 19, 2012
I tried flashing the older wpa_supplicant but I still can't get the wifi to work. My phone will detect my home network (secured with wpa/wpa2) and attempt to connect but for some reason it can't.

Tcm9669

Apr 2, 2007
Do any of you guys have the issue of when you start up (or restart your phone) the dialog saying:
Android Is Upgrading
stays there for a few seconds then it boots up normally.. is this normal?

EDIT: and with Light Flow, I enabled the hardware control etc... but I cannot change the colors or anything.. tried changing the color of while battery is charging / charged (default is green) to white.. but it does not work.. No SMS LED notification either :/ (no color even blinking!)

mangoman

Dec 20, 2006
Do any of you guys have the issue of when you start up (or restart your phone) the dialog saying:

stays there for a few seconds then it boots up normally.. is this normal?

I also have this

EDIT: and with Light Flow, I enabled the hardware control etc... but I cannot change the colors or anything.. tried changing the color of while battery is charging / charged (default is green) to white.. but it does not work.. No SMS LED notification either :/ (no color even blinking!)

I got light flow working, but it uses 40MB. + it interfered with the wake on volume and made the screen go on and off sometimes.

known issues:
http://www.folioflow.com/ff/page/website/lightflow/pageId/1931

generally light flow seemed to be too much hassle.

deciimal

Mar 14, 2011
TRying to find a place to download the official B518

Hi ALL,

Could some one point me in the right direction to find the B518.

I need to downgrade from B522 in order to install ICS.

The Huawei Link does not work any longer.

UH OH ... Looks like I cannto post a link yet..

rgds

Erlend.Auren

Jun 21, 2012
Boot fail.

Help! My Ideos X5 U8800 is stuck in "Huawei boot screen" after is installed
Aurora ICS 4.0.4 - Version 4.0 with CWM recovery 5.5.0.4.
Can someone help me? Please

Top Liked Posts