Search This thread

rjshenoy

Jun 9, 2012
Raleigh
ahhhh lets just hope thats only for the retailers and that us who ordered through att ship out on monday :D

yes looks like att will fulfill the pre-orders and then allow 'regular' ordering (which ship on the 28th) along with an in-store launch on 28th.

But its still possible att makes an announcement on monday that there has been a slight delay.

stuff

Apr 16, 2007
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I still hope no announcement (in terms of delay). I have a buddy that works for ATT and he told me yesterday that he has heard nothing from his superiors, and he checked his internal site and said nothing was there either.

Not sure why but he told me he would let me know as soon as he learns anything new.

rjshenoy

Jun 9, 2012
Raleigh
from my experience working at a huge company, all information doesn't trickle down to every level and even if it does , it is slow.

djmadfx

Apr 28, 2008
Moto G Power
I ordered mine via AT&T and received my confirmation on June 6th at 12:41 AM EST. My order is still marked as "backorder". Just putting the info out there for other people who had early orders.

distortion

Dec 30, 2006
I preordered at my local corporate store on Thursday the 7th. I called today to check on status. They seemed in the dark. Was transfered to another Rep and she put me on hold. She came back to say that they heard "rumors" that preorders will begin to ship on the 24th. She could not tell me if mine would ship then. She said demand was high and that earlier preorders would be fufilled first. Strange thing was when I preordered, the Rep said I was the first for their store.

At the VERY BEST I realized that they are woefully unknowledgeable and we know far more then they. Hate to be judgemental about it but these people were just a half step above the Walmart kiosk. Pathetic for corporate representation.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Last edited:
ATT website change.... notice dates...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 595

theraffman

Jul 22, 2011
I preordered at my local corporate store on Thursday the 7th. I called today to check on status. They seemed in the dark. Was transfered to another Rep and she put me on hold. She came back to say that they heard "rumors" that preorders will begin to ship on the 24th. She could not tell me if mine would ship then. She said demand was high and that earlier preorders would be fufilled first. Strange thing was when I preordered, the Rep said I was the first for their store.

At the VERY BEST I realized that they are woefully unknowledgeable and we know far more then they. Hate to be judgemental about it but these people were just a half step above the Walmart kiosk. Pathetic for corporate representation.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

I agree, I think we know more than most the att store and phone reps. I know most the stores I have been to never have information about future release phones until they get them... Don't think its their fault, seems like a cooperate issue. Maybe they don't want diss information so instead they give no information.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

XxAndroid

Jun 12, 2012
This is the most "official" report on a release date I have seen.

Regarding release date, the AT&T version of S 3 will only come in the third week of the month. “AT&T will not ship its Samsung Galaxy S 3 on the 18th of this month. Instead, citing a leaked retailer document, the wireless carrier will start shipping the new Samsung phone to stores and third-party retailers by the 21st of this month,” says Pop Herald.

Here is a link if you want to check it out yourself.

nvonews.com/2012/06/16/samsung-galaxy-s3-release-u-s-carriers-about-to-ship-the-s3/

Last edited:

Eaglemaniac

May 5, 2012
This is the most "official" report on a release date I have seen.

Regarding release date, the AT&T version of S 3 will only come in the third week of the month. “AT&T will not ship its Samsung Galaxy S 3 on the 18th of this month. Instead, citing a leaked retailer document, the wireless carrier will start shipping the new Samsung phone to stores and third-party retailers by the 21st of this month,” says Pop Herald.

Here is a link if you want to check it out yourself.

nvonews.com/2012/06/16/samsung-galaxy-s3-release-u-s-carriers-about-to-ship-the-s3/

Basically citing the info we have already. Nothing new and certainly not official.

jrbaker624

Jul 22, 2010
Hmm the money that's been on hold since my pre order on the 7th is not on hold anymore they gave it back.. happen to anyone else?

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

jiggytom

Jun 18, 2007
ATT has many different warehouses...different for Online orders, different for online Premiere orders, different for phone orders (regular/premiere), different for store orders. So the reason we may be seeing different dates is due to the ordering method (just a thought!). I was going through something similar when purchasing the HOX.

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
Partly because I currently have a rooted OneX running a custom rom, I'm happy to wait for my SGS3 whenever it ships. Mine still says back ordered. No update since I ordered. Relax everyone, it will ship

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Artimus009

Apr 30, 2011
Jacksonvillle
To all of those asking why the charge for your preorder has dropped, this has been asked several times already, read.:rolleyes:
But, just in case, it was just a hold that drops off then they'll charge the card again when it ships.:D

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

dncpunke

Apr 24, 2011
To all of those asking why the charge for your preorder has dropped, this has been asked several times already, read.:rolleyes:
But, just in case, it was just a hold that drops off then they'll charge the card again when it ships.:D

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

I never asked why it was taken off. Read :rolleyes: I simply stated it was taken off. I was told at the store the hold would stay until it shipped. Not sure what the point of a hold is if it doesn't stay held until shipped?

zmore

Apr 25, 2011
NYC
This thread is funny.

""Did your SGS3 ETA change? you? how about you? and you? oh but did you pre-order on day-1 or day-2? lemme check again? how about now? ... and now?

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?""

I can understand the anticipation, but it gets here when it gets here.

Try some ZEN AND THE ART OF PATIENCE :)

Reactions: jdbeitz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will be me at the AT&T store if I don't get my phone tomorrow. :mad:

PHO-10Jun23-234708.jpg
    It's true.. but copying their chat threads into a forum might just become a new MEME.

any other memes? :laugh:
    22360494.jpg
    We will receive when we receive, still not even late...........if not OK with you, cancel your order and move on already. Take up golf, shuffleboard, or whatever. Too many complaints for something we can't even complain about, quite yet!!

These posts are getting old. This thread is for speculating and discussing Release Date Info for the ATT S3. You do not have to come in here, so please, just stop with the high and mighty posts telling everyone to "calm down, get over it, get a hobby!"

I am not directing this at you specifically Nascar, sorry if you feel that way, but there are quite a few posts like yours and the condescending comments towards everyone like they are 3 years old are just too much.

If you dont want to read these specific posts, then do not come into the thread. Just ignore this thread and simply wait till you get yours, like you are telling everyone else. It is just taking some of the fun of speculating and discussing. Some people want to wait patiently, and have no problem with this, others want to discuss every little chat and phone conversation and dissect every word. IT is all in good fun and anticipation. Many people are so excited for this phone ,the get that kid at Christmas mentality and just want to talk about it, its not hurting anyone.

None of these "woah is me, where is my fine, gosh darnit I was told the 21st" posts are hurting anyone. They are fun to read and help pass the time. Just look at it like that.
    From what I have been told, pre-orders online should get theirs on the 22nd(friday) and in stores on the 25th(sunday)
    I plan on standing outside my ATT store one the 21st waiting. As the manager comes to open the doors, I will stare intensely at him, he will know why i'm there.