Search This thread

ammorsy

Mar 14, 2004
it's available now and i downloaded it on my BT620s
i feel the quality is better now

Mathyass

Jan 7, 2007
Wau

Wau this update is cool. I was happy with the old one but this rocks :)) thnx for info .. I didnt know that it is possible to update firmware in my headset ...

Alkhal

Nov 5, 2006
Down South
Can you use the sync cable that came with your PPC or do you have to use one provided by Jabra?(If there is one?)

alexkass84

May 23, 2007
Moscow
Nice. By the way, this update doesn't work with Windows 2003 x64. I don't know if it x64 or 2003 issue :D
Had to patch it on winXP

kurosen

Nov 28, 2007
My apologies for posting so long after this thread died down, but I have a few people to thank and it is well earned credit regardless of how far after the fact it is given. To edeplano and marco.minetti for their posts about new firmware for the Jabra BT620s I am most grateful as it was the key to ending my troubles with this headset, and a special thanks to captainsensible2002 for the rapidshare link since the original link has gone down.

I can't tell you how deep a hole I've dug to find an answer to this headset's problem. When connecting my AT&T Tilt (HTC TyTn II), if I don't turn on the phone's BT radio first (as opposed to turning on the headphones first), I have to go through all those "activate AD2P from Bluetooth Settings Applet" steps. My original thought was to find a macro program to record all the steps and just link that to a hard key, which is when I stumbled on edeplano's post. After a bit more digging through Google to find out more about this new firmware, I got linked back to this thread. Thanks to you guys, I needn't worry about any of that "which BT is turned on first" nonsense anymore as the headphones connect regardless of which device is switched on first now. I haven't tested it for better quality yet as has been claimed, but I thank you all in advance if that is truly the case as well. :)

Last edited:

boletoman

Apr 15, 2009
problem updating

Hello! I'm a new user of the Jabra Bt620s. I was trying to update the firmware but once i put the headphones y "software download mode" windows asked me for the driver but... it has no drivers! and the program SATURN don't want to give me the "NEXT" as an option.
Have anyone experienced this problem?
I've tryed to update the firmware in windows XP SP2, XP SP3 and Vista Ultimate.
PLEASE! HELP!! thanks :)

MedicD

Jul 13, 2009
I too am having this problem. Is there not a driver? I have spent countless hours over the past couple weeks trying to find this stupid driver... it is like it doesn't exist!

jbazuzi

Apr 18, 2009
No luck for me

Apologies for resurrecting this old, old thread. I'm stuck, and don't know where else to turn.

I bought a BT620S on ebay. It seems like a great device, but I would like to update the firmware to address some of the stuttering, etc.

I downloaded the firmware update software and ran it. I plugged in my headset and pushed the two buttons, until one of the lights changed to green. However, the firmware update software just sits there, with the Next button disabled.

Does anyone have an idea about how to update the firmware successfully?

corepda

Aug 4, 2007
California
Lolz, this was an year old thread & I just thought we have something new. I bought BT620 after this date so my BT may already have this. :)

Tubenn

Nov 25, 2009
I also was annoyed by some of the small issues with the Jabra BT620s, and also found the jabra.com webpage useless for firmware update, and also found this thread.

Next never became avaiable in Win7 64 bit (not even in compabilitymode), but then I turned to my girlfriends old laptop with WinXP 32bit (all updates installed).

Here no problems were encountered, everything went according to installation instructions, and the update seems to have helped on the sound quality ecc.

Thank you so much for providing the link! I hope this can help someone else.

jbazuzi

Apr 18, 2009
Got it!

6 computers in the house, but no Windows XP.

Visiting in-laws for the holidays, and they have only WinXP. I brought the firmware upgrade .exe and the headphones, and it worked. Awesome!

The sound sync isn't quite perfect: when I play Left 4 Dead, firing weapon the sound is a little late. But for anything else, it seems just fine.

Thanks folks.

corepda

Aug 4, 2007
California
I just upgraded my bt with this & now there is no A2dp support. Can anyone point me towards any other update? I need to rectify this as soon as possible.

Top Liked Posts