[Q] Dell Streak 2.2 rooted?

Search This thread

subvecto

Aug 28, 2008
The guide he posted for the mac isn't using superoneclick, and I haven't found a guide yet going through it for the mac. I tried superoneclick on the mac using mono and it wasn't working

Sent from my Dell Streak

Try it on your favorite windows lover friend's PC or make your Mac dual boot, you know it can be one mean windows device :)

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

lovesg

Feb 2, 2011
SOC 1.6.3 rooted Dell Streak 2.2 success

Hi all,

I saw some of you trying to root Dell Streak 2.2 unsuccess.

This is what I did.

(1) Set USB Debugging 'on'.
(2) Download and run SuperOneClick 1.6.3.
(3) Choose 'rageagainstthecage' and select Root.

If you encountered 'fail', persist on, and set USB Debugging 'off', and redo Step 1 to 3 again. If it fails, turn debugging 'off' again.

However if it continues to fail, like in my case, turn off the phone. Take out the battery for 30-seconds, and put it back, and turn on the phone.

Repeat Step 1 to 3.
It took me 4 tries before I turn off my phone. And another 2 more to succeed (after turning the phone back on).

Yeah!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah, USB debugging was on. But i haven't tried switching it on or off. I did read that some users also tried "killing" the ADb server under task manager. I tried that as well but no joy.

Will give the USB debuging on/off a go. I take it this is done during the step it says "waiting for device"? Or do you do it the moment where it says "if it loops"?

Thanks again.

With the streak ive had to do it in both believe it or not lol. I had an issue where it would hang on waiting for device, then freeze and id have to kill it from task manager, but I was using a crappy windows xp comp.

I would just play around with it in both situations. Also which driver do you have installed. I used qdl before I rooted and ended up having to install official drivers. If you modified those you may need to revert back to factory drivers.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App