Unlocking SD card

Search This thread

wakko69

Jun 14, 2009
Omaha
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Ok, I'm pissed! just downloaded the new Kitkat update for my note 8. Everything was going well nice fast better life & then boom! I'm unable to use my SD card! Sorry Samsung you F*** Nutz you don't have enough space on the internal drive for jack, and why would you give user the ability to place a 64gb micro sd card in one of your devices and frelling take it away! "Up Yours Samsung fix this ****!"

Ok with that being said does anyone know how to fix this issue? Not rooted but will do if needs be. Help!

Last edited:

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
Ok, I'm pissed! just downloaded the new Kitkat update for my note 8. Everything was going well nice fast better life & then boom! I'm unable to use my SD card! Sorry Samsung you F*** Nutz you don't have enough space on the internal drive for jack, and why would you give user the ability to place a 64gb micro sd card in one of your devices and frelling take it away! "Up Yours Samsung fix this ****!"

Ok with that being said does anyone know how to fix this issue? Not rooted but will do if needs be. Help!

The only way is to root with CF auto root and run an app to allow SD card use.

There is now way I am going to allow 4.4.2 to load on my device.

nrage23

It is not Samsung, it is Google that requires all manufacturers to make the permission changes in KitKat. You can easily fix it by rooting and doing a search.

Reactions: sefrcoko

sputnik767

Dec 28, 2010

First of all, you really need to chill. This issue has been well known since KK was released, and it has nothing to do with Samsung. This is the way Google has implemented SD card access in 4.4.2.

The solution is not difficult. Root and install an app from the play store that will reenable SD card access. Or use a file manager app that can work within Android's new framework for SD cards. I believe Solid Explorer can do it, as can the stock file manager app. I am pretty sure all of the stock Samsung apps can access the SD card.

Reactions: sefrcoko

wakko69

Jun 14, 2009
Omaha
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I want everyone to know that I did root and got back access to my SD card. As for fault, it is both Samsung's & Google's both can go stroke each other. I was a big fan of Samsung, My first tablet was the note 10.1, Now when I was given the, "ok" to purchase a new tablet, I was looking for the s-pen and something a little lighter. I was excited Note 8 lighter faster and I had enough to add a 64gb card. I really didn't want to Root my Note 8 and now I have to worry about my S4 mini. I support Samsung & Google for a lot of there products, (Note 10.1, 8, Tab 7, S3, S3 mini, S4 mini, Gear 2) but with the new update it felt like both grabbed a red hot poker and shove it where the sun don't shine. I sorry I don't get the logic in cutting access to the biggest storage area of your phone & tablet!

sputnik767

Dec 28, 2010
I want everyone to know that I did root and got back access to my SD card. As for fault, it is both Samsung's & Google's both can go stroke each other. I was a big fan of Samsung, My first tablet was the note 10.1, Now when I was given the, "ok" to purchase a new tablet, I was looking for the s-pen and something a little lighter. I was excited Note 8 lighter faster and I had enough to add a 64gb card. I really didn't want to Root my Note 8 and now I have to worry about my S4 mini. I support Samsung & Google for a lot of there products, (Note 10.1, 8, Tab 7, S3, S3 mini, S4 mini, Gear 2) but with the new update it felt like both grabbed a red hot poker and shove it where the sun don't shine. I sorry I don't get the logic in cutting access to the biggest storage area of your phone & tablet!

Your colorful metaphors notwithstanding, there is nothing you can do about it.

dtaylorr

I agree, why?

The solution is simple, root.

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN

The reason is Google is all about the "CLOUD". They don't want manufacturers to use sdcards and want everything to be stored in the cloud. They are in bed with the cellular companies and internet providers and want to maximize profits by forcing you to pay more for data.

wakko69

Jun 14, 2009
Omaha
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I agree the simple solution was root, But I did not want to root! If I wanted to root, I would of done it the day I bought it. I get the cloud thing is a big deal and a lot of the phones I see lately are getting away from SD cards but if you know the device has one make either special firmware for those devices that have sd cards. Or a patch that will work from the manufacturer, I would say 70% of people that received the update didn't care that they lost access to their sd card. Agree 2GB for a month is a joke!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It is not Samsung, it is Google that requires all manufacturers to make the permission changes in KitKat. You can easily fix it by rooting and doing a search.

First of all, you really need to chill. This issue has been well known since KK was released, and it has nothing to do with Samsung. This is the way Google has implemented SD card access in 4.4.2.

The solution is not difficult. Root and install an app from the play store that will reenable SD card access. Or use a file manager app that can work within Android's new framework for SD cards. I believe Solid Explorer can do it, as can the stock file manager app. I am pretty sure all of the stock Samsung apps can access the SD card.