Thunderbolt speakerphone

Search This thread

badboyg200

Nov 14, 2007
Is anyone else having problems talking to people on speakerphone.my family and friends say that they can hear an echo of themselves and when I speak it cuts out..or something along those lines.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

cnmsales

Jan 3, 2011
Are you on CM7? I read in the cm7 thread this was an issue for some. There was a fix for it but dont remember. Id check out the cm7 TB thread.

badboyg200

Nov 14, 2007
No Im on stock ROM that came with it.. its just not super loud like other phones are .. and I am having a problem with people being able to hear me clearly on the speakerphone. I am waiting for the update to be released by Verizon before I root. Does this phone have dual speakerphone?

viggs

Aug 16, 2010
New York
Is anyone else having problems talking to people on speakerphone.my family and friends say that they can hear an echo of themselves and when I speak it cuts out..or something along those lines.

The fix that worked for me was to uncheck the voice privacy setting...

How to:
Hit Menu >> Setting >> Call >> scroll down and uncheck Voice Privacy.

badboyg200

Nov 14, 2007
That didnt work..people still say my voice echoes..I'm a big user of speakerphone, anyone else having similar issues?

Last edited:

ScottyC_08

Apr 12, 2011
Since day 1 I've had the same complaints. I'll have to try the privacy thing and see if that helps

Tikkitakki

Jan 14, 2007
speakerphone resolution?

Has this issue been resolved yet?
My Tbolt on CM7, Girlfriends on stock, and buddys on stock but updated ALL have this super annoying echo (not volume related).
The echo is heard on Person A's phone, of only Person A's voice, when Person B is using their Tbolt on speakerphone.
Changing the voice privacy setting seems to do nothing.
:confused:
Thanks for any insight!

CanesDrew

Jun 10, 2011
Memphis
This is probably a hardware issue. Have any of you called Verizon to ask??

Sent from my Synergized Thunderbolt via XDA Premium App

Tikkitakki

Jan 14, 2007
Thanks Drew, I actually called VZW :)
But they want to replace my NIB rooted phone with a refurb that I'm not interested in since I figure it will be a lot of trouble to discover the same issue.
Was just wondering if the community was still having the same issue or was resolved.

Shorte85

Nov 19, 2010
I have the same issue as well. I have stock rom and just got this phone the beginning of last month. I am also a big user of the speaker phone and haven't been able to use it because the person I am talking to can hear themselves talking (echoing). I have even tried trning my phones volume down when in on a call but that doesn't seem to help.

I am definitely looking for a solution. I have went through the menu and unchecked the privacy setting and will have to see if that helps.

BuffaloChips

Dec 30, 2011
I just got this phone on 4/11 and didn't really have time to play with it till the last few days. It hangs up, lags, the speaker isn't all that great and I really don't care that much for it. The sales guy touted it as a great phone that would run rings around my DInc. I took a good look and it is just a large version of the DInc2 and doesn't run as good as my DInc did. Now I discover that to swap it for another phone or get my DInc back, I have to pay a restock fee. They could have mentioned that when they sold me on it and said I had 14 days to return it.

I don't see the reason for a return policy that includes a restock fee. That is tantamount to offering you a test drive for something in the neighborhood of $50! It is highway robbery. I had thought about switching to the bionic for an additional $40 but my wife already bought a case for this TB and I can't return it for exchange because I don't have the "generic" Verizon box it came in. Not like they couldn't easily replace it though.