[REF] Dead/Bricked phone after JB OTA, QHSUSB_DLOAD

Search This thread

mitch_55

May 27, 2009
Is there some news?

Because I have, me too, bricked my phone after an update (OTA JB_Europe). Yet, my phone was not S-off when I flashed it.

Now, my phone doesn't boot, no led, no bootloader access, my PC can see QHSUSB_DLOAD but can't install drivers.

I have tried through Ubuntu, but I can't see it.

What can I do?

(Of course, It is no longer under warranty!.)

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

RussianBear

Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2008
Is there some news?

Because I have, me too, bricked my phone after an update (OTA JB_Europe). Yet, my phone was not S-off when I flashed it.

Now, my phone doesn't boot, no led, no bootloader access, my PC can see QHSUSB_DLOAD but can't install drivers.

What can I do?

Thanks for your help.

Check this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2116062

theguitarman94

Aug 31, 2011
Is there some news?

What can I do?

Thanks for your help.

Yeas as russian bear said check tecardos thread. There is absolutely nothing you can do I'm afraid to get your device working again unless you either send it to HTC for repair (which is what I did) or send it to tecardo to unbrick it.

mitch_55

May 27, 2009
I PMed him.

He answered me to look this thread.

But Ubuntu can't see my phone ... :(

In fact, Ubuntu doesn"t find the phone's storage...

Last edited:

yatindroid

Sep 23, 2009
Jaipur
Unbelievable
I have supercid out of box
Still stock non rooted
Updated 4.03 to 4.04 to 4.1.1 plus minor update now on 3.16.401.9

See pic here

From HTC One S

Last edited:

Aussi

Oct 29, 2007
Utrecht
Xiaomi Mi A3
Dang Guys I think I have the same problem.

A few days ago my phone started rebooting it self. In the last days the screen stayed blacked. I than waited for the battery to fuly drain and then I could boot it up again.

But since yesterday I flashed another rom which I always had Candykat latest. But after that one it would boot up anymore and it was impossible to get into recovery. When I tried that it rebooted and stayed black....

I now am in QSHUSB_DLOAD mode aswell when I connect it to my laptop.

I am superCID but I didnt flash any OTA only a custom rom. Can I get it back alive agian :D?

jjwaiting4u

Sep 9, 2014
Goa
solution to micromax Canvas 4 A210

Hi guys
there is good news for those who have hard bricke ( ie the phone don't even have a boot loader, cant start , nor recognized by PC, or go into recovery) , i formated via sptool the bootloader and the phone was totally dead....
the new is for all local micromax , karbonn, spice (chinese brand) phone its simple and least the service is available for just Rs350/- ( $6/-),
jtag service for just Rs1500/- to 2000/- ( $25 to 30/-)
if anyone has problems ( bricking) specially in Goa please do post will direct you to the service center..

quila

Jun 12, 2015
help!!!

I´m in the same situacion my phone wont start on , if i plug it trouhgt the wall charger the led stays in red but it never gets into green if i connect it to the pc it shows me this "Forge HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM6)" as my device , please can someone make a video or a easy way to solve this.
my phone is or was:crying: a htc one s ville from europe i got the serial number the imei and thats all the information i got for my phone.}

it went dead cuz the battery went over i charged it like for 1 minute disconected it to check some fb messages and then it turn off in a rought way so i decided to leave it to get the full charge at night and when i woke up it didnt came back !

i tried to contact the support from America Latina but they said to my that "the dont have any reaminig parts for this phone so they canot do anything ".

please help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

There are more and more reports coming in from people who ended up with a dead/bricked phone after the JellyBean Update 4.1.1 , 3.16.401.8 OTA. As you connect it to your PC you will soon find out it's in QHSUSB_DLOAD mode.

The purpose of this threat is to see how many people are affected, what people have done to attempt to recover their phone, and to find a possible solution (this chance seems rather small though).

There are alot of post about this in the JellyBean Speculation/News/Discussion threat, starting from page 157.

There are 2 threats about it in Q&A:
    One S in QHSUSB_DLOAD mode
    My HTC to really died

Reported attempts to recover:
    QHSUSB_DLOAD Fix by team Unlimited
    Unbricking HTC devices with the QHSUSB_DLOAD issue tutorial by kgs1992
    Step 3 (and some others) from [TUT] Downgrade/Unbrick Ville S4
    Another HTC one V recover guide where i can't find the link for.

Please report here if you have this issue. Please mention your CID, in what country you downloaded the OTA, the software version you upgrade from and the hboot version.

Also any new ideas to recover our phones our self are welcome!

My phone:
    2.31 Unbranded Europe
    1.14 Hboot
    Downloaded in The Netherlands
    1111111 Supercid
    Hello, can some one of you plaese send me his bricked One S? I live in Germany,so a german person would be good:
    Contact me on tecardo@gmail.com or here on this forum.
    If the device doesn't work anymore, i will send it back as it is, and also will send back if it works again: I WILL NOT START PHONE, NOR WILL I READ ANYTHING OR DO ANYTHING WITH YOUR PRIVATE DATA. You can get this with a letter if you want.
    I only need a device with this error. I will wipe Phone if wanted.

Thanks.
    Noch ein Düsseldorfer ;P
    My phone is bricked too

Orginal CID was HTC_203 (maybe), not branded by telecom company - France
    but changed to 11111111

I had Stock Recovery and relocked bootloader and flash the 2.31 RUU
    So does that mean if I run JB on HTC__001 CID it'll work ? Though I've T-Mob version of Jelly Bean I want WWE RUU to run.

No, t mobile has different MID. You need to s-off for that.

HTC_One_S | S-OFF | ViperOneS_2.2.0 | Black-Blue_Sense_Theme | ElementalX_4.2