Tip for 32gb Nexus 10 showing up as 16gb

Search This thread

yeoldeusrename

Jun 30, 2011
Nexus 7
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
If you Google around, you'll see it's not uncommon on Nexus devices for a 32gb device to only show 16gb storage. There are a few different fixes, but none of them worked for me:
  • Factory Reset in recovery
  • fastboot -w
  • fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
  • fastboot flash userdata userdata_32gb.img
  • fastboot format userdata
  • Flash Official Factory Image
At least one of those should work, but like I said they didn't work for me.

I finally found my solution, so I thought I'd give something back to the community and share:

1. Go into your email and search "Nexus 10".
  2. Find the receipt from when you bought your Nexus 10.
  3. Read where it says, "Nexus 10 (16GB)".
  4. Ponder on the implications.
Sadly, this is my story. True story. Everyone laugh with me (or at me), HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

***If this post actually helps you then I am sorry for you and feel your pain.***

Reactions: alexvtr

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Hi,

I didn't get it, do you have a problem or not? Because it doesn't looks so. And doesn't look as a solution too. If you really have a problem, all I needed to do when it happened to me (two times) was a factory reset from the settings. But if you bought the 16GB version, and thought you had the 32GB, then I can't do anything.

~Lord

yeoldeusrename

Jun 30, 2011
Nexus 7
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Hi,

I didn't get it, do you have a problem or not? Because it doesn't looks so. And doesn't look as a solution too. If you really have a problem, all I needed to do when it happened to me (two times) was a factory reset from the settings. But if you bought the 16GB version, and thought you had the 32GB, then I can't do anything.

~Lord

No, there's no problem. I really do own a 16gb N10. Don't know why I thought it was 32gb, but the "solution" was to realize it was 16gb. Just thought it was a funny story...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you Google around, you'll see it's not uncommon on Nexus devices for a 32gb device to only show 16gb storage. There are a few different fixes, but none of them worked for me:
    • Factory Reset in recovery
    • fastboot -w
    • fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    • fastboot flash userdata userdata_32gb.img
    • fastboot format userdata
    • Flash Official Factory Image
    At least one of those should work, but like I said they didn't work for me.

I finally found my solution, so I thought I'd give something back to the community and share:

1. Go into your email and search "Nexus 10".
    2. Find the receipt from when you bought your Nexus 10.
    3. Read where it says, "Nexus 10 (16GB)".
    4. Ponder on the implications.
    Sadly, this is my story. True story. Everyone laugh with me (or at me), HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

***If this post actually helps you then I am sorry for you and feel your pain.***