[Q] LCD Replaced, The Microphone doesn't work

Search This thread

Aidin+

Sep 1, 2011
Denver
Hi guys,
So I replaced my LCD due to a crack, and it was my first time. I also changed the housing. The Speaker works, and the volume flex cable is in.
So the volume buttons do work.

But now, The microphone isn't working. So if I call someone, or go on voice memo, it doesn't work.
I tried Stock ROM and Android Revolution, so it's not software.

----------------------------------------------
So when I search for microphone :

-ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=One+X+Microphone&_sacat=0&_from=R40[/url]

I get flex cables for the upper part,

and some like this : -ebay.com/itm/Power-On-Off-Microphone-Connector-Flex-Cable-Ribbon-for-AT-T-HTC-One-X-/370817531834?pt=US_Cell_Phone_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item5656727fba[/url]

Which from what I know is power flex and noise canceller.

Or : -ebay.com/itm/Replacement-Navigation-Light-Microphone-Flex-Cable-For-HTC-One-X-S720e-G23-/111019753739?pt=US_Cell_Phone_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item19d94b010b[/url]

Which is flex cable, and not microphone.
--------------------------------
I already paid a whole lot for the screen and housing, and don't really have money to spare for this phone. Life goes wrong, huh?
but if it's gonna be needed, I guess I gotta do it.
--------------------------------
What should I buy, and can I make it work with no money and just using what I have by any chance?
-------------------------------
Nothing is teared, the powerflex works perfectly. I was 100 % precise in doing everything, because I know how it gets bad with cables and all.

Also, the phone is International version, and unlocked. The mic worked before LCD replacement.

Edit 1 : The Mic makes a static noise when I try it with Google Now and Voice Memo, it's all a static noise. It sometimes produces more, and sometimes less. Can it be fixed?

Thanks for reading this, or helping in advance.

Last edited:

KapaGT

Nov 28, 2009
Barreiro
hi there,

I changed the Flex Cables ( Bought one of those $30 packages on eBay ) and it worked.

Also, there's an app called SoundAbout. That fixes it without changing any flex cables as well.

Best of luck.

Thank you, I didn't fix it yet. Can you send me the link to the cables you bought? I bought one that didn't work.