[APP][v1.2][02/09/2010]Birthday Reminder GLite

Search This thread

dally

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2005
Poznan
mobile.dlugosz.net.pl
Hi

Birthday Reminder GLite is a freeware, finger-friendly application that will keep you reminded with your contact's birthday and anniversaries. When you start it manually, shows you all defined events. Also every day, at specified time application will remind you about upcoming events.

Requirements: Windows Mobile Professional, .Net Compact Framework 3.5, hardware OpenGL support
Features, screenshoots & download at: http://mobile.dlugosz.net.pl/Products/BirthdayReminder/tabid/81/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Please don't share installation cab, just link to above page.

Feedback and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Change Log

version 1.2.0.0

Added
- support contact's pictures from HTC Facebook integration
- editor for "snooze times"
- default skin for smaller than VGA resolutions (especially for HD Mini)

Changed
- national character support

Fixed
- incorrect behaviors in input box

version 1.0 (22-06-2010)
- first release

Last edited:

runningdap

May 9, 2010
Athens
it looks good and all but the problem i got with my hd2 is that no application can keep track of birthdays imported from facebook. is this one any better? :/

dally

Feb 28, 2005
Poznan
mobile.dlugosz.net.pl
Looks neat, but is it coming to Android? :)
Probably yes, (looks like my next device will be androided) but not too soon (i like my HD very much)

it looks good and all but the problem i got with my hd2 is that no application can keep track of birthdays imported from facebook. is this one any better? :/

What do you excatly mean "birthdays imported from facebook"? If it's imported to outlook contacts all apps should have no problems with that. Do you mean directly check facebook contacts ?

runningdap

May 9, 2010
Athens
What do you excatly mean "birthdays imported from facebook"? If it's imported to outlook contacts all apps should have no problems with that. Do you mean directly check facebook contacts ?

in hd2, you can link your phone contacts to facebook contacts of your facebook account. That automatically imports his/her current facebook profile photo and birthday date to your hd2 contact of that person.

btw, ill give it a go, now that im at home and give feedback :cool:

edit: i tested the app. It won't create events for the people that have their birthday imported from facebook :/
overall, its a nice application, it runs smoothly in my device, and the ui is lovely. well done

also, i tried editing one of my existing contacts (whos birthday is set via facebook), and manually set his birthday, and the application automatically created an event for that persons birthday! Now, if only i wasnt lazy enough to change all my contacts :p

the only drawback i can think of is that it wont show any image for the contacts linked to a facebook account.

Last edited:

dally

Feb 28, 2005
Poznan
mobile.dlugosz.net.pl
edit: i tested the app. It won't create events for the people that have their birthday imported from facebook :/
[...]
the only drawback i can think of is that it wont show any image for the contacts linked to a facebook account.

I have ported Sense from HD2 to HD and i know this feature but for me works only import image. And this image is visible only in "sense" software.
Can you go to standard Contacts application and send me content of Notes from imported contact? I have suspicions for that.

arachneon

Mar 15, 2008
Thanks for the app, but it does not work on my HTD TD2 (rom Dutty Holy Grail R7.1 FRE).
The app launches but hangs once in the main menu (I can't press any button, can't stop the app and I have to soft reset the device).

runningdap

May 9, 2010
Athens
I have ported Sense from HD2 to HD and i know this feature but for me works only import image. And this image is visible only in "sense" software.
Can you go to standard Contacts application and send me content of Notes from imported contact? I have suspicions for that.

well, all the "facebook" contacts have a note similar to this one:

<sn>id:1601022801/friendof:1358181263</sn>

only the id:xxx changes.