TWRP Recovery & Possible ROM Issues

Search This thread

Ilia Goro

Mar 26, 2013
I rooted my kindle fire using kfu 9.8. As of this moment when I install roms they do not boot up and they stay at the boot logo. I dont know if it has to do with TWRP or the roms, but I have tried 2 cm10 roms and one AOSP 4.2.2 rom. I will tell you exactly what I did.

1. Rooted with kfu
2. went straight to recovery, flashed the aosp rom + google apps
3. Booted up and it stayed at the boot screen
4. Tried another rom, put it onto the device through usb mounting with twrp
5. Still stuck at boot logo
6. Tried the last rom but still stuck!!

After that I tried to flash back to stock using this
(doesnt let me post a link if requested I will pm)
But twrp gave an error and it did not install, it said somewhere an error doesnt matter and you would boot up fine but I didnt :(

Between installing all Roms I wiped cache, dalvik, and factory reset.

Thanks in advnce!

EDIT

Used this to try to bring to stock
theunlockr DOT com/2012/10/29/how-to-unroot-the-amazon-kindle-fire

Used these roms (all on xda)

/showthread.php?t=2100963
/showthread.php?t=2041694
cant find the third rom

EDIT

I have no problem using adb or fastboot so feel free to try and fix my problem with those.

Last edited:

Ilia Goro

Mar 26, 2013
It would be very helpful to know exactly what error you are receiving.

assert failed:getprop ("ro.product.device") == "blaze" l l
E:unknown command {err_string}
getprop ("ro.product.device") == "blaze"
E:Error in sdcard/update.zip
Status 7
Error flashing zip /sdcard/update.zip
Updating partition details

That is exactly what I get while flashing

Im sorry for making the topic and/or wasting your time, before installing the rom I wiped every single thing possible and it succesfully nstalled.

I have no problem if you lock.

Last edited:

Runaround

Nov 1, 2010
assert failed:getprop ("ro.product.device") == "blaze" l l
getprop ("ro.product.device") == "blaze"
E:Error in sdcard/update.zip
Status 7
Error flashing zip /sdcard/update.zip
Updating partition details

That is exactly what I get while flashing

Im sorry for making the topic and/or wasting your time, before installing the rom I wiped every single thing possible and it succesfully nstalled.

I have no problem if you lock.

Any update on this? I'm getting the same issue on mine.

DroidLover93

Feb 4, 2014
PLEASE HELP! Kindle Fire 1st Gen. I've looked everywhere for answers :(

Okay, This is the first time Ive ever posted anything on this site. Normally I just search for answers and people usually have already solved the problem so I just go off what other people post. But now I cannot seem to find any fix I rooted my Kindle Fire 1st Generation. I was running TWRP 2.2.2. and a Hellfire ROM. I went on vacation and left my Kindle at home. When I got back, most of my apps weren't working properly and my keyboard was glitching so I tried to update my ROM. It was unsuccessful. So I thought maybe if I upgraded my TWRP Recovery to the latest version It would fix the problem... I was wrong. Whenever I try to flash any ROM I get an error like this... (E:Error executing updater binary) I have searched for answers for about a month now and nothing seems to work. I dont know what to do and I feel like crying. Can someone please help me? Please?

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Feedback

Okay, This is the first time Ive ever posted anything on this site. Normally I just search for answers and people usually have already solved the problem so I just go off what other people post. But now I cannot seem to find any fix I rooted my Kindle Fire 1st Generation. I was running TWRP 2.2.2. and a Hellfire ROM. I went on vacation and left my Kindle at home. When I got back, most of my apps weren't working properly and my keyboard was glitching so I tried to update my ROM. It was unsuccessful. So I thought maybe if I upgraded my TWRP Recovery to the latest version It would fix the problem... I was wrong. Whenever I try to flash any ROM I get an error like this... (E:Error executing updater binary) I have searched for answers for about a month now and nothing seems to work. I dont know what to do and I feel like crying. Can someone please help me? Please?

Just need a little more info... What TWRP version are you running?? What android version are you trying to flash??

DroidLover93

Feb 4, 2014
Just need a little more info... What TWRP version are you running?? What android version are you trying to flash??

I'm currently running TWRP v2.6.0.0
And I'm trying to flash ANY android version.
So far I have tried flashing the latest HellFire, Kit Kat, and Jellybean Stock Roms, All have been unsuccessful.
All I want is to be able to use my kindle without wanting to smash it to pieces, lol. I'm tired of getting booted off the internet every 2 minutes and my apps to force closing on me.

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
I'm currently running TWRP v2.6.0.0
And I'm trying to flash ANY android version.
So far I have tried flashing the latest HellFire, Kit Kat, and Jellybean Stock Roms, All have been unsuccessful.
All I want is to be able to use my kindle without wanting to smash it to pieces, lol. I'm tired of getting booted off the internet every 2 minutes and my apps to force closing on me.

And you are using the firefirefire utility??

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
TWRP

We need to get you on the latest version of twrp....http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/blaze
Go here and get version 2.6.3.1 make sure your get the otter.img as the blaze is for the 2nd gen fire....
Let me know if you need any help with this.. Let me know when you have it installed....Thx lj

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Do you have fastboot and adb drivers for your PC?? Do you have fastboot.exe and adb.exe... I assume your running windows....

DroidLover93

Feb 4, 2014
@lj50036

Do you have fastboot and adb drivers for your PC?? Do you have fastboot.exe and adb.exe... I assume your running windows...

Thank you! I will do this now and I will let you know when I have it installed. Do I just flash it through recovery or?...
Also, I do not have fastboot and adb drivers on my PC. Where do I go to get them? Running Windows 7

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Feedback

@lj50036

Do you have fastboot and adb drivers for your PC?? Do you have fastboot.exe and adb.exe... I assume your running windows...

Thank you! I will do this now and I will let you know when I have it installed. Do I just flash it through recovery or?...
Also, I do not have fastboot and adb drivers on my PC. Where do I go to get them? Running Windows 7

Check this forum for your fastboot adb driver needs...http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

Hold on a sec I will make you a flashable recovery zip for easy of installation...

Last edited:

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
TWRP 2.6.3.1

Here is a flashable zip twrp recovery v 2.6.3.1... Just flash it than do a reboot before trying to enter recovery... Let me know if that fastboot/adb stuff is working for you we will still need adb drivers and adb installed on your PC...Thx lj

View attachment 2578399

Last edited:

DroidLover93

Feb 4, 2014
Here is a flashable zip twrp recovery v 2.6.3.1... Just flash it than do a reboot before trying to enter recovery... Let me know if that fastboot/adb stuff is working for you we will still need adb drivers and adb installed on your PC...Thx lj

View attachment 2578399

Thanks! Okay so TWRP update was successful. Then I followed the link for ADB and fastboot. I installed them to PC. Now, just to be clear.. Was I supposed to do that with the USB connected to my device? or was that just for my PC? I just dont want to mess anything up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    But twrp gave an error and it did not install it said somewhere an error doesnt matter and you would boot up fine but I didn't
    It would be very helpful to know exactly what error you are receiving.
    TWRP

You need TWRP 2.6.3.1 too install KitKat Roms here is the link for your first gen fires you need the otter.img

TWRP
    Feedback

output?.. what do you mean?

Open your start menu, in the search bar type cmd it will find it right click on it and open as admin... it will open as admin and type

Code:
    adb

It should give you some commands and options.. let me know thx lj

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

STOP!!!!! I did not notice this forum was not started by you shoot me a email here jl52741@gmail.com and we can continue there... Thx lj

I am sorry for posting on your forum, did not see that the user was not the OP.... Thx lj
    Sincere apologies for posting on this forum. I am a newbie and have never posted on this site before. I didn't know how to go about posting my question. But I know now. Sorry again.