closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

u.bindal

Jan 6, 2012
Bangalore
I will release a new rom on September.

I released rc1 5-7 days ago, before rc2 released. There is nothing new except "ascending ringtone".
If you want to be happy, edit build.prop or download a arjen's nightly rom.

Furthermore, CM team has been focused on CM10, so don't except new things for ics (at least 2 months).

I have too much lag issues in the latest rc1 tinystream.. and moreover there is toi much battery drain...

PS: i am not criticizing you, jist reported bugs.

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

lipe082

Dec 25, 2010
porto
Yes, it is booting, running, and shutting down... Because we did it: https://github.com/lgics

Adam released a preview rom from our github:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1766435

If you want to develop, learn programming language, develop yourself and respect developers...
YOU MUST SHUT UP IF YOU KNOW NOTHING.

And theres nothing more to say its a fact our phone its not meant for JB even ICS needs more a workaround at least at the batterie part...

All i want to say to hep,arjen,adfad,lupo(last but not least) and all others that help thank you so much for all your troble working with ICS for us for free and you guys even try to give us JB plus even on vacation you and the others try to make more than one milion O1 users have what not even the company we buy phone give to us...

Enjoy your vacations and when you feel like it present us with a more baterie friend ICS...

And to all of those who arent acepting the decision,we have to face it ,if we want to continue having last android OS its time for a upgrade because our cpu its in his max we cant push more for it...

So lets all only thank devs for spending hours of their life working for free for a big commumity like ours.
From my part thats all...

Thanks to all devs that contribue for O1 be the best phone.

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Ahish.s and nok2626

gymfreak7855

Nov 30, 2011
Palmerston North
I was always well aware that we had nearly reached the full potential of the O1. The developers and helpers have done a fantastic job over the last year and a half or so. I thank you all personally for your efforts. We have ICS on our phones! Something most people doubted would be possible, heck I even had my doubts at first. For a low end, ARMv6 device, we did ****ing amazing. Let the O1 now rest, for she is slowly dying out, her light is fading, her life flashing by her. Let us all come together and be with her for her last glorious moments. We love you O1 <3

shishimaru1000

Dec 21, 2010
I think it's too early for CM 10, for Android 4.1 and for everything. Who knows, maybe in the future we'll have some kind of rom working. But not CM 10 since we have to erase dictionaries and lots of things. Anyway, I hope to see someone, some day, developing a Firefox OS rom since Android gets too powerful over time (and I don't like the fact that every 6 months a phone becomes old). Firefox OS should be lightweight as Gingerbread.

darkmatthew

Jan 9, 2012
Wants a always newest firmware?
Buy nokia 3310
------------
LG P500 is slow,very slow phone.
What about Galaxy ace?This same msm7227 yes?
He run 4.1?

Reactions: Jacek95

kawaiiDango

Jul 12, 2011
Well, i had flashed adfad's jb along with the full 86mb gapps on sdext using tassadar's method. I have a 800mb partition, do space wasn't a problem.

Things i liked:
- lockscreen. Come on its not sooooo great and any themer can port it to ics.
- transitions. Especially those when opening apps from launcher, when the app zooms from the icon u clicked.
- Iphone style back button in top left, in settings.

Things i disliked:
- status bar. It's like the tabletui in ics. No toggle buttons. I don't care about the rest.
- default app chooser (the dialog u get if u click a link and have more than 1 browser installed). The ics one is pretty straightforward. Only a single click and it opens. In jb, u require two clicks.

Google now doesn't even open. It just shows a white screen and then closes, without any fc. so i couldn't test offline voice search. Graphics is extremely laggy. i think ics ardeno drivers didn't work with jb, and don't ever think Qualcomm will e'er release them for us.

If such is the situation,i don't think there's any point in developing jb

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
[/COLOR]
Well, i had flashed adfad's jb along with the full 86mb gapps on sdext using tassadar's method. I have a 800mb partition, do space wasn't a problem.

How does Tassadar post directly to sdext?

As I posted on CM10 Experiments, I was able to flash directly. However, I do not usually flash gapps. I install the pieces I really want from play, move or link.

I might try manually pushing speech components if not practical from play.

Last edited:

thachtunganh

Mar 19, 2011
Hà Nội - Hanoi
My final decision: I won't support Jelly Bean...

• No space: P500 has 190MB for system partition. We have to delete dictionaries+wallpapers if we want to install rom+gapps. Removing dictionaries can't be acceptable.
  • Cache problem: There is not enough /cache. Dalvik-cache fills all cache... So, you can't use browser, you have to free cache everytime.
  • Hardware problem. QCOM abandoned armv6. No hardware support for msm7x27. Display drivers (hwcomposer, liboverlay) supports > armv7. Audio drivers rewritten by me, but we have video problem. Video H/W support abandoned fully in JB. Maybe, video recording can't be run anymore.
  • Our hardware doesn't support triple buffering, so no Project Butter for you. VSYNC on slows down the navigation.
  • No Google Now for you, there isn't enough space...

If we can't use jb features, there is no sense to develop it. IMO, ICS is the final android for P500... ICS and JB almost have the same user interface.

Thats all.

OK, time for HW upgrade :)

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

Moved to HTC Desire HD :D Goodbye P500.

Sorry for offtopic!
Dear developers for P500:p
Please try do work JB for P500!
I know hardware is weak but please try :D

Before i leave P500 developement section, i want to say: YOU ARE CRAZY!

aayushARM

Apr 24, 2011
Ahmedabad
@Hephappy-- Just a Question/Probability!!!--- Once there was a faint talk about the partitions of p500. Some developers said that they're thinking of repartitioning the system memory of p500 and reallocate the size of different partitions according to needs. Were there any further tries on it? Is it possible??(However, I know its d*man hard and risky!) If yes is there a lil probility of increasing /system and /cache partition's size by reducing some other partition's size??
Once again I am saying its JUST A QUESTION and nothing about criticizing!! And thanks for replies in advance..!! :)

Last edited:

tdm

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2011
Seattle
@Hephappy-- Just a Question/Probability!!!--- Once there was a faint talk about the partitions of p500. Some developers said that they're thinking of repartitioning the system memory of p500 and reallocate the size of different partitions according to needs. Were there any further tries on it? Is it possible??(However, I know its d*man hard and risky!) If yes is there a lil probility of increasing /system and /cache partition's size by reducing some other partition's size??
Once again I am saying its JUST A QUESTION and nothing about criticizing!! And thanks for replies in advance..!! :)

It's possible. But it would require a matching main kernel and recovery kernel. That is sure to present support issues. I mean, if people can't even figure out which thread is for discussion and development, what hope is there that these people would follow directions for matching the recovery and the main system?!?

tdm

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2011
Seattle
I think I'm going to put system apps in /sd-ext/sysapp in my thunderc jb rom to deal with the space issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have full previewwwwww!!!we did it guyssss!!!!what a pity it was a silly ****tt!!!it's a great dayyyy!!!!
    Getting further on openmax video encoder/decoder.
    Solved a lot of errors on compiling again. Let's hope I will solve the other ones too :D

Recorded videos play smooth, only the first second is laggy, afterwards it is ok!
    Will upload fixes to my github :D
    Guess we will have a new release soon :D
    Updated a lot of kernel patches guys :) you can find it on p500 github :) i have also a good news..:) i've worked this period to get money to buy a new optimus...i've bow it and next week i will receive new optimus one :) i'm on it at full time another time guys :)
    Unofficial Nightlies building started.
    Downloads on www.multipleandroidcoding.net/cm9-nightlies

Moving them soon, cause downloadspeeds suck :D
    So don't start about speed ;)

Now I'm going to sleep, my fellow patients are already dreaming :D