Official ICS for Samsung devices in Canada is TODAY

Search This thread

cn_habs

Jun 20, 2012
Montreal
As a user of a rooted and unlocked SGH i727 on Fido, why does Kies say that "Your device does not support software update via Kies" once I connect the phone through the USB cable.

Thanks in advance,
Jason

TLS2000

Feb 20, 2012
Mississauga
Mine did that too on Rogers. I ended up getting the Sammobile .tar file and went that route using ODIN.

Kies actually showed all of my versions were the proper Rogers versions, but one had a (ATT) amended to it so I'm guessing I had something left over from one of the ICS leaks at the time.

seanzscreams

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Atlanta
Uploading the NANDROID backup now. Seanz, I've put the complete data dump that way people should be able to flash to the stock Rogers firmware using CWM as well. I'll post the link shortly.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

If anyone wants to walk me through that I'll get the radio files for you too.

adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 of=/sdcard/amss.bin
adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/sdcard/mdm.bin
adb pull /sdcard/amss.bin
adb pull /sdcard/mdm.bin

Then just throw that into a zip for me. And pm link plz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

TLS2000

Feb 20, 2012
Mississauga
Will do sir! Gotta help you keep putting out the SkyICS goodness. :)

http://d-h.st/4mq <-Nandroid backup of the official ICS.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 of=/sdcard/amss.bin
adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/sdcard/mdm.bin
adb pull /sdcard/amss.bin
adb pull /sdcard/mdm.bin

Then just throw that into a zip for me. And pm link plz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

NVM - Figured it out. Zipping now. PM coming forthwith.

Last edited:

JoeSmoo

Mar 30, 2012
Calgary
Will do sir! Gotta help you keep putting out the SkyICS goodness. :)

http://d-h.st/4mq <-Nandroid backup of the official ICS.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Getting: Cannot open for read, permission denied. on the above.
I used the shell directly and from the /dev/block dir I was able to read the information and write it out to the bin files.
Here's the Link:
http://d-h.st/ymC

Last edited:

denenatse

Dec 12, 2010
Victoria B.C.
Just flashed it via Kies, had to use ODIN by flashing stock, Odin wouldn't work till I rebooted my computer, then once Kies updated, I had had a error ( com.Android.phone stopped) but I cleared data and cache in 3e, then everything worked.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using xda premium

deadtorights

Aug 8, 2011
Mine did that too on Rogers. I ended up getting the Sammobile .tar file and went that route using ODIN.

Kies actually showed all of my versions were the proper Rogers versions, but one had a (ATT) amended to it so I'm guessing I had something left over from one of the ICS leaks at the time.

When i was going to update mine also show ATT.

You might have forgot to flash the Rogers Radio to stock.

After I did that I was able to update.

Last edited:

howlingmoon12

Jul 27, 2010
Toronto
Best day of my life....so far. Woke up this morning and as usual went to browse xda. Not expecting much and boom a thread saying somone had got ICS from Kies almost fellnout of bed xD. Booted up the laptop and started Kies and lo and behold firmware update....ofc I had to update Kies....and as we all know Kies ...has issues....took reboot of both my laptop and the phone to get Kies it to recognize it. I honestly sat in front of my screen like an excited child waiting for Santa during the whole process

Xperia X10 => Desire HD => Galaxy S2 LTE/Skyrocket

adamdavidson

May 6, 2012
So Samsung has really taken a lot of the allure away from ICS with it's wonderful TouchWIZ UI. Not much has changed really. Now that official ICS is out for the i727r, does this mean that 3rd party ROMs will be more reliable/stable now?

ex-28

im on rogers, not rooted, rogers stock firmware, kies recognizes my i727r, but when i click on "tools/firmware upgrade and initializing" from kies i get the message "sgh-i727r does not support initialisation", anyone know what that mean?

i just flashed everything back to stock and am getting the same error , is kies detecting somthing that isnt set right ?

as the update is out as i am also on the i727R and its not giving me the update here either :(

denenatse

Dec 12, 2010
Victoria B.C.
i just flashed everything back to stock and am getting the same error , is kies detecting somthing that isnt set right ?

as the update is out as i am also on the i727R and its not giving me the update here either :(

Get into 3e and clear data and cache, reboot and reboot computer, then try another USB port

Reactions: ex-28

ex-28

Get into 3e and clear data and cache, reboot and reboot computer, then try another USB port

wiped them all 4 times , still no go :(

i have the corect radio on there to as it installed when i flashed back to stock.
I727RUXKJ7

can i flash the stock file from sammobile via odin

when i manually check in kies with my serial number i just get a bunch of chineese symbols pop up , i think that means no update available , but it should be out for rogers canada L(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts