[Guide] Sprint/Verizon Galaxy SIII Flash to Page Plus Cellular Tutorial [Video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

stangboycic

Feb 1, 2008
The Sprint model will not show the passwords after they have been written but they have indeed been written. The passwords are not your problem if you have indeed written the correct passwords.

Just verified that I've written the correct passwords, Of course the phone shows 3G, but on a speedtest I'm only seeing 128kbps down, I should be getting 1500kbps. Also noticed that the MIP profiles aren't even saving my Mobile IP behavior as simple, it keeps reverting to MOB+Simple
:confused:

skarloey28

Mar 7, 2012
Just verified that I've written the correct passwords, Of course the phone shows 3G, but on a speedtest I'm only seeing 128kbps down, I should be getting 1500kbps. Also noticed that the MIP profiles aren't even saving my Mobile IP behavior as simple, it keeps reverting to MOB+Simple
:confused:

Do you have Workshop 3.0+?

pltctytc

May 17, 2012
tampa bay
This has to be one of the easiest phones to flash. It's a Samsung with a Qualcomm chipset... doesn't get any easier. There seems to be a lot of girl scouts on here crying that they can't do it. That isn't a very good attitude to have. We can not possibly hold everyone's hand through the process. Nevell provided a VIDEO TUTORIAL! What more could you want? If you can not figure it out maybe it's time to take it to a professional. :rolleyes:

i was going to take the high road and ignore that reply from an ignorant member however i have flashed my drmaxx no problem and other phones prior to that. thanks to nevell and his recent videos
my moto just arrived this morning and put the same sim i tried on the gs3 then flashed, then swapped esn's and it activated in minutes.
could be gs3 doesn't like that sim. who knows.
could be any number of circumstances which prevent something from working

so unless you know ALL the facts, which apparently the conceited always do, you might want to think before you write and name call

skarloey28

Mar 7, 2012
i was going to take the high road and ignore that reply from an ignorant member however i have flashed my drmaxx no problem and other phones prior to that. thanks to nevell and his recent videos
my moto just arrived this morning and put the same sim i tried on the gs3 then flashed, then swapped esn's and it activated in minutes.
could be gs3 doesn't like that sim. who knows.
could be any number of circumstances which prevent something from working

so unless you know ALL the facts, which apparently the conceited always do, you might want to think before you write and name call

Why don't you press the home button when it is trying to do through the setup. Should skip it.

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
Speaking of trades... Am also interested in trading my VZW GS3 for a Sprint GS3.

PM me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

stangboycic

Feb 1, 2008
I'm using the blue one and the white one has a balance in it so it'll be 90 plus days before sprint let's go of the ESN. But why would someone want the Sprint version over the Verizon? Just curious

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

zen_phones

Sep 6, 2012
Hey question about dmu ha & aaa donor phone:

Can you reuse the Verizon dmu donor? I mean when you flash the dumb phone donor to the Verizon donor those keys will change with every new MEID right? Is it possible to just use the same verizon smart phone donor as a decoder ring so to speak to get new ha, aaa keys? Or is it just a one time deal?

Nevell

Jan 14, 2011
Walterboro
www.cpsunlocks.com
Hey question about dmu ha & aaa donor phone:

Can you reuse the Verizon dmu donor? I mean when you flash the dumb phone donor to the Verizon donor those keys will change with every new MEID right? Is it possible to just use the same verizon smart phone donor as a decoder ring so to speak to get new ha, aaa keys? Or is it just a one time deal?

One time deal every number has its own keys assigned to it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Morandir

zen_phones

Sep 6, 2012
One time deal every number has its own keys assigned to it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I mean with fresh MEID. New keys are pulled with a fresh new MEID flashed on there right? I don't mean use the same MEID on multiple phones

Aug 23, 2010
HTC 10
I have a question. Before asking this question I have read all 24 pages of this thread. I have a guy at this phone shop that used the two part video that Nevell posted to flash my Sprint GS3 to Page Plus. Problem is that I have no data at all. He claims that he needed a GS3 PRL to get data working (He used a generic Samsung PRL plus 3 other ones with no luck). Now I've been seeing people on this thread post about needing a donor phone in order to get data. He used no donor phone. Only followed the steps in the video using his copy of cdma workshop latest (full) version. Is the donor phone thing the reason why he can't get data going for my Sprint GS3 or is it really just an issue of not having the right PRL. Text and Voice is working perfect for me on Page Plus. I'm suppose to go back to his phone store at 2pm est time to get my phone worked on again. Any help would be appreciated.

Nevell

Jan 14, 2011
Walterboro
www.cpsunlocks.com
I have a question. Before asking this question I have read all 24 pages of this thread. I have a guy at this phone shop that used the two part video that Nevell posted to flash my Sprint GS3 to Page Plus. Problem is that I have no data at all. He claims that he needed a GS3 PRL to get data working (He used a generic Samsung PRL plus 3 other ones with no luck). Now I've been seeing people on this thread post about needing a donor phone in order to get data. He used no donor phone. Only followed the steps in the video using his copy of cdma workshop latest (full) version. Is the donor phone thing the reason why he can't get data going for my Sprint GS3 or is it really just an issue of not having the right PRL. Text and Voice is working perfect for me on Page Plus. I'm suppose to go back to his phone store at 2pm est time to get my phone worked on again. Any help would be appreciated.

Um if your data isn't working its either because the data profile aren't correct, network mode/type needs to be changed. If he followed my guide to the tee then everything should be working fine. If he didn't use a donor phone then he needs to set your network mode/ type to "CDMA Only" Also if your phone Sprint or Verizon?

Aug 23, 2010
HTC 10
Um if your data isn't working its either because the data profile aren't correct, network mode/type needs to be changed. If he followed my guide to the tee then everything should be working fine. If he didn't use a donor phone then he needs to set your network mode/ type to "CDMA Only" Also if your phone Sprint or Verizon?

I have a Sprint GS3 phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I No longer support this thread due to the lack of time I have lately. This video will show you how to get up and running on P+ with 1x data only.
    This wil work for the Sprint, Verizon and US Cellular variant.
    Yes I can get 3G but, the method is not allowed on this forum.
    Please don't PM me asking how to get 3G as I will not reply.
    Hit thanks if you watched this video please :)

OP updated with full 3G tutorial. I'll leave it up for a few days. Its the last video in the OP.
    Thanks button below and donate button to the left. Don't forget to follow me on twitter.
    About d*** time!

okay so i finally got everything working on my SPRINT Galaxy s3 flashed to PAGEPLUS with mms. here goes:

this is for the Sprint GS3 I repeat the SPRINT one Not the Verizon one. Write everything without reading from the phone with the full version

of CDMAWS.

I was on stock rooted jellybean 4.1.1 with LG2 radio with spc changed to 000000.

I did absolutely nothing with the DMU folder or akey (never have for any phone i flash to be exact) but if u did remove it, flash back to stock with
    odin if u have to.

Set the mode pref to "CDMA HDR and LTE only" under the CDMA tab in CDMAWS. (if u dont u will get nothing but error 67 messages)

under the EVDO tab make sure both profile 1 and profile 0 are enabled with profile 1 as

the active profile, plug in the correct username and dun username with

ha and aaa keys for both profiles "mirrored them = make them the same".

set mobile IP behavior to Mobile + simple.

under the Data tab make sure Data QNC is checked/enabled.

IF YOU NEED YOUR HA or AAA keys for PagePlus or VZWPP PM ME!

MMS and Youtube streaming:

go to dialer and dial ##3282#, tap edit and enter SPC (mine is all zeroes now) click others then click MMSC URL change it to
    http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms (make sure it looks exactly like that or ur MMS wont work). back out and tap Multimedia change the fields to this:
    RTSP proxy Address: 0.0.0.0
    RTSP proxy port: 0
    HTTPPD proxy address: 0.0.0.0
    HTTPPD proxy port: 0

back all the way out and restart ur phone if it doesnt reset automatically. Once your phone is back up download GoSmsPro from the PlayStore.
    open it up and go to settings and under advanced go to MMS Settings. Scroll all the way down to the last field and check mark "Fill APN configuration manually". change the MMSC field to http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms back all the way out and restart your phone again and enjoy 3g, with MMS and youtube/video streaming.
    Thanks, you wouldn't mind sharing the 16 digit password would you? Also since its like the Verizon I would put the US Cellular S3 to NV Only?
    Yes but some US Cellular phones don't have to be put in NV because they already are.
    This is the US Cellular GS3 16 digit code and its what I use on the USCC Note 2

Let me know if it works.
    So how do I get ride of the "Insert SIM card" prompt every time I go to turn on the Mobile Data?

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Right on, because this is driving me nuts
    Upload failed because I left and laptop went to sleep. Its almost done now though @ 92%