Kernel Source out for AT&T One X

Search This thread

kennethpenn

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2006
Washington, D.C.
briefmobile.com
I think this most appropriately characterizes my feelings at this moment...

m9420.gif

woodydog

May 19, 2012
OHIO
Bricked my one x and got gs3. But I'm happy for you people. It took them long enuf

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Aviras

Mar 7, 2011
Vancouver
Now that we have kernel source, maybe we can frakin' figure out where our RAM has just... Gone... ? XD

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

AD8

Jul 23, 2012
Do we have any major kernel devs (faux, show-p, etc) with an ATT hox? Or did they all already jump ship? or not even board to start with :( I sure hope some stuck around.. Or at least help us out even if they dont have a hox :)

Last edited:

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com
Reactions: Root-Maniac

brianhill1980

Jul 21, 2012
Vancouver
Forgive me for being noob... but I come from the land where a dead guy still rules as king.

What does this mean exactly? What impact will this have?

I've unlocked my boot loader, rooted my device, and installed a custom ROM and Recovery. So with them releasing the kernel source, what's this going to do for the development community? What potential's are now available?

AD8

Jul 23, 2012
Do we have any major kernel devs with an ATT hox? Or did they all already jump ship? or not even board to start with :( I sure hope some stuck around.. Or at least help us out even if they dont have a hox :) Its great we have source... Just hope it isnt to late :crying:

k4p741nkrunch

Jun 14, 2010
Florida
Figures it gets released when I'm too drunk to celebrate. Too drunk to celebrate? WTF am I talkin about? Time to get cookin with Sauce!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

AD8

Jul 23, 2012
Forgive me for being noob... but I come from the land where a dead guy still rules as king.

What does this mean exactly? What impact will this have?

I've unlocked my boot loader, rooted my device, and installed a custom ROM and Recovery. So with them releasing the kernel source, what's this going to do for the development community? What potential's are now available?

With source we should be able to fix a lot of things (aosp/aokp especially) improve a lot of things, even with sense roms. There are tons of mods we can get..we just need someone who with the know how to do it. Without source everyone was kind of working blind, without the proper tools. Now they have everything. The complete source code to make our great phones even better!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good news folks. It looks like the kernel source is our for AT&T One X. Now unleash the beast http://htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads
    I have a kernel ready with the following features.

-CPU Profiles for performance and battery savings (see note below)
    -2:2 kernel/user memory split (default is 1:3)
    -Kernel samepage merging (KSM)

just mini stuff from .config to help

NOTE: Profiles are as follows:

Screen Off:
    Minimum CPU: 245mhz
    Maximum CPU: 384mhz

Screen On:
    Minimum CPU: 384mhz
    Maximum CPU: 1512mhz (1.5ghz)

I will be testing for SODs overnight.

Features hopefully coming soon:
    -interactive kernel governor
    -smartass v2 kernel governor
    -compile with gcc 4.6
    -fix multitouch
    -get the minimum cpu to run at 192mhz without sleep of deaths
    -sweep2wake
    -lower voltage
    -overclock-able to 2.1ghz? or 1.9 if im not being crazy
    -fix usb tethering
    -OTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 I honestly forgot about that or else i would have done that right now. i just remembered i can do that now xD

And another note, this is the old kernel from 1.73, not the newer one with more RAM availible to the user.

Going to bed. good night all
    _MetalHead_ said:
    Jesus christ it's about damn time.

I guess threatening to release those pictures of Peter Chau in a three way with Tim Cook and Steve Ballmer finally worked.
    Beautiful. Posted this wonderful news on my website. Hopefully everyone will see it. :)
    I hope all of those who recently traded their HOX for a gnex or S3 are regretting their decision. Once the devs wake up and get their hands on this, there will be no looking back.

Who says we need to sleep, I haven't slept and I don't plan on it. :)
    Hooray for summer vacation!