[Kernel] Lunar Max Kernel [Sense][Android 4.4.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

brymaster5000

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
These kernels are confussing to me. I only know that the kernel itself should be overclocked to the MAX and undervolted to the MIN "am I right"? All the other individual tweaks are as clear as mud to me, I have no idea what the definitions even mean, so confused! There needs to be a kernel manual "lol" for dummies.

~VZW~One MAX [viperROM] ~2.0 |Sense 5.5|

As each phone is different from the next, no not all of the same phones are created equal, the settings will work better or worse for the next person. With that said, oc & uc to the max all the time may have repercussions. Your phone was intended for 1.7 and .3 anything over/under that is a risk. Yes you can safely over & under clock but if your phone reboots or freezes, you should immediately adjust the settings until your phone likes you again. :)

Remember, changing the frequency/voltage for your processor and board is something you should do only if you understand what they have the potential of doing. This is why I set an init.d script to boot at the stock frequencies.

Sent from my Lunar Ecliptic One.

brymaster5000

Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
I have no issue with latest update. Just notice a bit laggy when rotating screen in smartmax gavernor. Is it normal? Now i use ondemand + fiops. Works perfect.

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I think smartmax is a dying governor like smartass, etc... You probably won't see it on future phones unless somebody gives it a major overhaul. I like smartmax...but oh well.

brymaster5000

Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
Did you grab my logcat yet? I tested it with the lastest 26-5 release date.

You said you could connect to your work wifi? I would check your work wifi settings against your home wifi. I can't check if there are any "blacklist" settings in the kernel config until I get home, but you might want to try your router settings first.

mafyas

I think smartmax is a dying governor like smartass, etc... You probably won't see it on future phones unless somebody gives it a major overhaul. I like smartmax...but oh well.

I will stick with ondemand for the time being. UC screen OFF, OC to 1.89ghz screen ON. Fiops with 1024 read ahead. Thermal control tuned to a bit lower. Ondemand gpu gavernor OC to 450. Improves my max a lot. Quite stable now.

Can't wait to see more features and updates coming. Willing to test every update release. Thumbs up bro! ?????

Reactions: brymaster5000

abusalza

Jun 5, 2007
Samarinda
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
You said you could connect to your work wifi? I would check your work wifi settings against your home wifi. I can't check if there are any "blacklist" settings in the kernel config until I get home, but you might want to try your router settings first.

my office wifi has bypass setting for my mac address so i wouldn't ask for username and password. as for home, i never changed settings as it come from my internet provider. so i'm not sure what to be changes. it was connected out of the box with stock kernel and even with another phones.
oh yeah i'm facing same problem with fly kernel also.

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
Newest build working great for one of my Max on cleanrom 2 since using your insecure boot_init. Thanks again!

mafyas

Are you guys flashing the insecure before or after you flash the kernel? I'm still not seeing oc in the tables.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Sir, I'm on ViperMax, no need to flash insecure. I'm not a kernel guy but i suggest you to upload logcat and it will be easier for the dev to help.

brymaster5000

Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
Are you guys flashing the insecure before or after you flash the kernel? I'm still not seeing oc in the tables.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Insecure boot should only be flashed if you are on a Rom that is stock, unrooted...most custom roms will be all good. And if this is your case, flash the insecure zip...let it boot, then flash the kernel.

xhunter187

Dec 30, 2010
Victorville,CA
Seriously have no idea what I may be doing wrong. Running ViperMax 2.0.0 android version 4.4.2 with standard insecure boot image. Any insight? Flashed insecure boot, booted into android, rebooted to recovery, flashed newest Lunar, booted to android and begins to loop.

What ROM are you on, what carrier, did you flash the insecure boot image before the kernel? I am guessing you are not on VZW and flashed the insecure boot before the kernel.

Let me know. Thanks for the log.

Quoted my original post in this thread. I am running on VZW as well.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: brymaster5000

brymaster5000

Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
Quoted my original post in this thread. I am running on VZW as well.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reflash the rom...if you havent done that yet. Do not flash my insecure boot. I removed it as it was a VZW only image and was causing confusion. I am guessing that even though viper works on VZW, the base is international and possibly the boot.img is modified and not stock vzw.

So after you are running the rom again, just flash the kernel and see what happens.

xhunter187

Dec 30, 2010
Victorville,CA
Reflash the rom...if you havent done that yet. Do not flash my insecure boot. I removed it as it was a VZW only image and was causing confusion. I am guessing that even though viper works on VZW, the base is international and possibly the boot.img is modified and not stock vzw.

So after you are running the rom again, just flash the kernel and see what happens.

Full wipe. Restored apps through Google Play. Finished sync. Flashed newest Lunar and still had same problem. Not that there is anything wrong with a stock boot image but why not flash yours right? Not a noob at flashing kernels but I am just boggled this time around lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LUNAR MAX KERNEL

Welcome to Lunar Max Kernel! This kernel is for Sense ROM's and built using the android 4.4.2 source code (VZW). This should work on all carriers. As I do not have the device, I am building these and having them tested before release. If there are problems, please let me know and I shall do my best to fix..although tough without the device for myself.

Instructions: Flash in recovery. These kernels are in anykernel format (i.e. - not a boot image), they unpack your current boot.img and repack the ramdisk with the kernel. The insecure boot.img has been removed due to too much confusion; if you find yourself needing one...give me a shout.

Enjoy!

Features: (more to come)

CPU
    • Overclocking
    • Underclocking
    • Voltage Table
    • Smartmax Governor
    • OnDemand Graphics Boost
    GPU
    • Overclocking
    Slimbus - OC
    IO-Schedulers
    • SIO
    • Zen
    • FIOPS
    • VR
    Faux Sound Control
    Force Fast Charge
    exfat support
    Thermal Control - by crpalmer
    frandom
    fsync control
    NEON support
    Linaro 4.9.1 a15 cortex toolchain

Download:
    Lunar_Max_Kernel-06_02_2014

Old Downloads
    Lunar_Max_Kernel-06_01_2014
    Lunar_Max_Kernel-05_26_2014
    Lunar_Max_Kernel-05_25_2014-NEW

@Flyhalf205 - for collaborating
    @IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo - for testing

Source:
    https://github.com/brymaster5000/Lunar_Max

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lunar Max Kernel, Kernel for the HTC One Max

Contributors
    brymaster5000, Buckmarble
    Kernel Special Features: OC/UC, Voltage, Thermal Control, CPU Governors, IO Schedulers

Version Information

Created 2014-05-25
    Last Updated 2014-06-03
    Changelog:
    6/2 - LOADS more performance/memory tweaks, NEON support, fsync control, switched to Linaro-4.9.1 arm-cortex a15 toolchain

6/1(NEW) - more performance tweaks, Wi-Fi is broke
    6/1 - Reverted back to GCC 4.8 toolchain, same performance tweaks (minus two that broke wifi), Wi-Fi works

5/30 - switched to Linaro-4.9.1 arm-cortex a15 toolchain, added some performance tweaks - bootloops

5/26 - Added frandom, fixed OC maxing out at 1.7, some performance tweaks, switched to GCC 4.8 toolchain from 4.7

5/25 - Attemtp to fix WiFi for all carriers...

5/24 - Initial Release
    OP updated with new kernel.

Changelog:
    6/2 - LOADS more performance/memory tweaks, NEON support, fsync control, switched to Linaro-4.9.1 arm-cortex a15 toolchain

This is a big update. You should see a decent performance increase. I will be attempting the s2w stuff soon along with sprint merge. Enjoy!
    I am closing this thread until further notice. I don't have the time to support this device at the moment...and havent really done so in a while. I may be working on something for it on the side...bit by bit...but no promises.
    After a small snafu with my build environment, I upgraded to ubuntu 14.04 and just got everything back up and running. Should be back on this soon