[ROM][AOSP]dGB v01_28_2012| 2.3.5| 375MB /data| 60MB /system |Mult-lang [28 Jan]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

adskankster

Apr 12, 2011
Got it thanks.

Here's the whole lot done. I've had a quick look at a few random files and it all looks okay. Let me know of any issues. It takes about 30 seconds to run (inc. selecting the folders and typing in the languages).

I've re-done the French ones, but save your current ones before you've tested this.

I'll start getting the app ready to upload.

Attachments

• dGBRes.zip
    359.3 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: KuliX and danarama

adskankster

Apr 12, 2011
Here's the app.

Hopefully it'll run on your machine, if not let me know and I'll try and compile it for an older version of .Net.

To use, run it:
  1. Source Dir is the folder with the Redux files in it.
  2. Target Dir is the folder with the dGB settings xml files in it. The generated files will be placed in here. Back it up first.
  3. Locales is a comma delimited list of locale two letter codes - the same codes as used in the folder names.

Error checking is rudimentary, and just pops up a message box. I would suggest running again if you get one as it's just exception handling so something is likely to have been missed. Let me know if it's persistent and not a data error.

:)

EDIT:

Just a quick extra - the Processing Complete message is for each language. I forgot to change it when I added multiple language support. It'll be more informative next version. :eek:

Attachments

• dGBLocaliser.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

ShirazSuleman

Oct 18, 2010
Hey rootSU,

Is there any chance you could provide FMRadio as an extra flashable .zip or atleast tell me what I need to do to add it into the ROM?

Regards
Shiraz

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Hey rootSU,

Is there any chance you could provide FMRadio as an extra flashable .zip or atleast tell me what I need to do to add it into the ROM?

Regards
Shiraz

I don't like fm. On earlier builds I removed all supporting frameworks. Can't remember for sure, but I think I continued to do this

Edit.. yep removed all fm references so no fm will work.

If you want fm, this Rom is not for you

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Last edited:

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Got it thanks.

Here's the whole lot done. I've had a quick look at a few random files and it all looks okay. Let me know of any issues. It takes about 30 seconds to run (inc. selecting the folders and typing in the languages).

I've re-done the French ones, but save your current ones before you've tested this.

I'll start getting the app ready to upload.

Totally missed this post, so sorry for not thanking you sooner. I'll get compiling tonight / tomorrow. Only saw the app post (oops)

adskankster

Apr 12, 2011
No worries, I probably should have flagged it. I just wasn't sure how long it would take to get the app up here, so thought I should get the xml up first. In the end it didn't take long.

Reactions: danarama

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
@rootSU do you need help with Polish translation?

No thanks. Translation has been done by adskankster. I gave him the english files from my settings.apk and he wrote a script / app to compare them with the original Redux settings.apk files, so all that is left is to recompile the settings.apk and framework-res.apk for each of the languages in post 2. Should be finished in a couple of days.

B

brammy83

I'm very very happy with this rom! Like the internal memory! I can finally install all my apps without partitioning my sd! Keep up the good work and looking forward to dutch language!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dGBbanner.png

https://sites.google.com/site/dgbbravo/home
    Change log

v 01_28_2012
    • English only and Multi_language Version
    • Custom tweaked dGB ManU 2.1 HAVS AXI CFS Kernel (Optimised by Eviollet for dGB specifically)
    • Lockscreen Unlock Options Returned
    • 3-in-1 reboot menu
    • Returned to 15 step Volume due to PowerAmp issues
    • Memory Tweaks less aggressive

http://www.mattman.org/rootsu/rootSU/dGB_01_28_2012_eng.zip
    http://www.mattman.org/rootsu/rootSU/dGB_01_28_2012_Multi-Lang.zip
    v 01212012
    • SU binary updated
    • Integrated ManU 2.1 HAVS-AXI-BFS
    • Volume stepping changed (Thanks LfcFan):
      5, // STREAM_VOICE_CALL
      10, // STREAM_SYSTEM
      7, // STREAM_RING
      30, // STREAM_MUSIC
      10, // STREAM_ALARM
      7, // STREAM_NOTIFICATION
      30, // STREAM_BLUETOOTH_SCO​
    • ScrollingCache disabled for better app scrolling (Thanks LfcFan)
    • Duplicate Lockscreen menu items removed from InterfaceSettings
    • WallpaperPicker option removed from Long press > Wallpaper (FC's as no built in wallpapers)
    • MIUI Camera Added (Thanks Hadron)
    • Tweaked TCP/IP Stack
    • Tweaked Memory (Dirty Data Behaviour)
    • Tweaked low memory values:

FOREGROUND_APP:32, 8192
      VISIBLE_APP:64, 16384
      SECONDARY_SERVER:75, 19200
      HIDDEN_APP:90, 23040
      CONTENT_PROVIDER:100, 25600
      EMPTY_APP:120, 30720​

• Languages are making a come back - compiling this week.

v 11072011
    • Ported CM7 Lockscreens (rotary, ring etc)
    • Ported CM Phone in order to make above work
    • Port of CM7 VOIP module
    • SIP over 3G
    • Implemented Expandable RAM disk for market downloads

Look under Settings>Lockscreen Extras for new CMy7 Lockscreen stuff.

Before RAM disk, /cache was bound to /data/local so small cache partition could be used. BUT you needed to keep enough free space to store the downloaded app before installation. RAM disk means this is no longer necessary. Now all but 15MB of /data can be used.

New Market Works. No more work around of "chmod 777 /cache" required

***Although extensive framework modifications have taken place, a wipe should not be necessary. However, any issues, please wipe.
    Note* 11072011 is English only presently. v1.4 Language packs are NOT compatible. Do NOT try to flash these over v11072011

Also note /system/etc/init.d/95havsvdd script. This sets Manu 1.4 havs voltage to 875 for 128mhz. If you get reboots when idle, edit this value higher in steps of 25

Languages for v1.4 (Work In Progress)

v1.4

• Updated SurfaceFlinger in-line with the google 2.3.5 repository
    • Smaller Latin IME keyboard (ROM under 60MB)
    • Reduced font footprint without compromising specific non-alphanumeric characters
    • New "cutting it fine" 60MB system Hboot created

Future updates will most likely focus on bug fixes.

v1.3
    • Added CM Power button screenshot
    • re-added DroidSansFallback font (3.5MB) to fix non-alphanumeric character issues
    • Changed btn_check_off.png to be visible on whit and black background
    • Lightened notification backgrounds

v1.2
    • Fixed Video reccoring issue (libstagefright)
    • Fixed Google Nav issue (Tts)

v1.1

• Fixed Force close on Settings.apk (statsreceiver issue)
    • Updated seek thumb in framework (see volume settings for example)
    • Created dGB custom Hboot to aid in the installation process.
    ***See updated installation section in post 1
    Reuploaded 1.4 with a smaller Keyboard (thanks Hadron) so now is under 60MB (this is the smallest I have EVER got). You can add the keyboard on your own rather than reflashing 1.4 if you already have it. Its in the apps folder in the first post

New Hboot released with 60MB /system (about 900k free) even after flashing a ManU kernel (1.5MB without). Please check the MD5 if you use it. I HAVE tested it and can report I am currently using it happily.

Format System and Cache before flashing the hboot.

Welcome to the smallest functional ROM on the Desire

screenshot-1314914254574.png
    SwitchPro Widget (0,70€) - tested/work
    Reboot Widget for root user (free) - tested/work
    Quick Boot (free) - tested/work

With this Widgets/Application you can reboot direct into recovery.

I prefer SwitchPro Widget...

Regards KuliX

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
    call me no technical but this rom really sucks , you must be new to ROMs ro just idiot to use such roms , that is the point of using this ROM ? its easy to use versions 2.3.5 or 4.5.7 or stuff like that , huh? isn't it ?come up with somethin real , look at HiAPK funsense then you will see that a real rom IS !!!!;)

Post reported to mod. This is no way to talk in a dev forum.