[Q] Wipe surface rt but don't have bit locker code

Search This thread

Evoman8

Jan 6, 2014
Nyc
Hello
Took a gamble bought a admin locked surface rt
I tried to wipe it as new., but am being asked for bit locker code is there anyway around this.?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
The Surface forum would have been fine too, but this works.

You can try booting to the built-in recovery mode. However, it's possible that the recovery partition was removed to free up space. No worries, though! All you need is a bootable flashdrive with a recovery image. The files needed are available on this site (check the Surface sub-forum). After you've created the recovery flashdrive, turn the tablet fully off, insert the drive, hold the Volume Down button (well, rocker), and turn the tablet on again. It should boot directly to recovery. The recovery process should reformat the internal storage, which will remove the BitLocker'd volume.

Reactions: markbc01

Evoman8

Jan 6, 2014
Nyc
ok I downloaded the recovery disk rt 8.0 file
I ran it and extracted to a folder
formatted my sd card
copied the files
turned off my surface
held volume down and tapped power button
but would not boot into the proper mode
did I do something wrong?
just booted to regular log in screen.

chris88445

Aug 31, 2012
ok I downloaded the recovery disk rt 8.0 file
I ran it and extracted to a folder
formatted my sd card
copied the files
turned off my surface
held volume down and tapped power button
but would not boot into the proper mode
did I do something wrong?
just booted to regular log in screen.

You need to use a usb drive the surface cannot boot from the microsd card

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Surface forum would have been fine too, but this works.

You can try booting to the built-in recovery mode. However, it's possible that the recovery partition was removed to free up space. No worries, though! All you need is a bootable flashdrive with a recovery image. The files needed are available on this site (check the Surface sub-forum). After you've created the recovery flashdrive, turn the tablet fully off, insert the drive, hold the Volume Down button (well, rocker), and turn the tablet on again. It should boot directly to recovery. The recovery process should reformat the internal storage, which will remove the BitLocker'd volume.