[Camera Tweaks] Increased Camera: Audio video images quality as note3

Search This thread

Austtin

Nov 2, 2013
Hi everybody I want to share this mod I made following the next thread:How to increase camera stats
All I made, after some testings, increase almost all values regarding to camera quality(encoder decoder audio video and image), and set it up as high as Note 3. The results are good, as I saw.

10/08/14 v1:
I doubled the audio quality from 128kbs to 256 kbps for all resolutions. High resolution is up to 288kbps
Increased video bitrate
Increased image bitrate
I able support to wmv and wma
I set estero channel to recording for all resolutions
Increased back and front camera values
And many more goodies I don't remember

11/08/14 v1.3:
Increased a little bit more bitrate values according to video
increased a little bit image quality. I think it's the max possible, but I keep trying to increasing it, to see any difference.

14/08/14 v1.5:
Increased audio quality to 320kbps
Re-adjusted values
added different FPS mod versions

--This is version #1 because I didn't increase all the low values. I installed it in my own phone, and everything is working superb.
Next release I will try to set it higher, as S5 and see what happens, if it's working or not. But by now we have achieve something good.--

Here are some previews: here you can see a little differences regarding to standard values vs. increased ones. Using HDR - strong. Stock Note 2 camera! I realize that after made the modifications the pic is more weighty. I hope you can see the difference in the previews, because I have to low the quality to upload it faster, in tinypic. Sorry.
5uigw5.jpg
VS
i2t7h0.jpg

Thanks to @mohit1234 for this helpfull guide

Download link ONLY SAMMY ROMS:

NEW VERSIONS:
-14/08/14-
Camera TWEAKS v1.5- 15FPS
Camera TWEAKS v1.5- 30FPS-stock
Camera TWEAKS v1.5- 60FPS

YOU TELL ME WHAT RUNS BETTER FOR YOU! I TESTED ALL VERSIONS IN MY OWN PHONE.

PREVIOUS VERSIONS:
[OFFLINE]Camera TWEAKS v1.3[/URL] -> Changelog: increased a little more- 11/08/14
Camera TWEAKS v1 - 10/08/14

Download link ONLY AOSP based ROMS:

INITIAL RELEASE Camera TWEAKS v1 AOSP - 10/08/14

FLASHABLE INSTALLATION!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Download file and put it on your external sd
Reboot into recovery
Install Camera Mod
Clear Cache/Dalvik Cache (Just to be safe...)
Reboot!

I didn't test the flashable zip, I only moved the file to "/system/etc" using root explorer and setting permissions, but you tell me.

The idea brings to my head, after testing S5 camera. When you open camera you can see an image super clear and in a higher quality, but when you take a pic, the quality was lower.

TO DEVS: PLEASE BEFORE YOU TAKE ANYTHING, PLEASE ASK ME FOR PERSMISSION. IT TOOK ME A SUNNY DAY TO MAKE IT.

REMEMBER THAT THIS WIILL NOT MAKE ANY MAGIC JAJAJA BUT WE HAVE SOMETHING ALREADY
ENJOY AND HAVE FUN!!

THANKS!

Last edited:

KNIGHT97

Jan 30, 2014
Mumbai
Great work @Austtin
I was for so long looking for a way to get better camera quality, because I don't know why but after the camera firmware update within the 4.3 the camera quality seemed lower than 4.1.2.
It was more of a disaster to take pictures and I can't carry my cameras everywhere.
So thanks a lot.
Wish something like this could be done on AOSP too, the picture quality isn't as good as touchwiz

Sent from my RPG with auto targeting

Austtin

Nov 2, 2013
Looks promising ! it looks better if im not having placebo , thanks.

yeah, I read that it could be placebo. But increasing the bitrate, the image is more weighty. taken the same pic, at the same place and same thing it increase from 2.xx mb to 5.xx mb. So it should increase the quality. The increasing of audio is something real, you can notice the bitrate when you play some sound recorded using camera. And in 480p I increase the (don't remember exactly I should check it) the heigh or width too. In a few days gonna see if I can add support for 4k pics, or if it gives me some forceclose or issue. And also I want to increase the camera values as high as S5, and then test and try again the s5 camera, and how it looks. I think some modification of the camera app, should be done. So this is the beginning.

Reactions: Demonic666

Austtin

Nov 2, 2013
Great work @Austtin
I was for so long looking for a way to get better camera quality, because I don't know why but after the camera firmware update within the 4.3 the camera quality seemed lower than 4.1.2.
It was more of a disaster to take pictures and I can't carry my cameras everywhere.
So thanks a lot.
Wish something like this could be done on AOSP too, the picture quality isn't as good as touchwiz

Thanks Knight, I do my best. Always for help. Not only me if not others. I'm still testing, and I realize that the quality si better so far. Regarding to AOSP, I should check the files involved and what's the camera app too.

Austtin

Nov 2, 2013
Guys!! this is really amazing, take a look at this photo I just take: it's about 5pm here in my country, and using the day light (sun light, not the inside of my home) the pic looks really really great. Now we can compare to the photo taken before. In the previews 1 of the pics was taken during day(with sun light-I'm not talking about the camera effect if not the light of the day or sun jaja), and the other one was taken during night inside of my home using artificial light, the ones inside of your home (sorry I'm still not good enought with my english), so now I can confirm that this's really working!! the bad thing (or contra) is that now the pic is kind heavy weight (about 5 mb) but the quality is higher as you can see. I rather higher quality and weighty pic than poor quality.

9ixmbs.jpg

that's why 1 of the pics looks kinda yellow and the other one looks whiter.. in OP

Last edited:

Austtin

Nov 2, 2013
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vpgbg2g9zdd0v1/media_profiles.xml

Here you have the media_profiles.Xml from liquid smooth 3.2
Check if you can alter things and I'll test it out for you.

Knight at first sight of your file, I can see some differences between your values and even sammy ones. For example, in lower res you have 3gp as video file format, and in sammy we have mp4. And many more differences, but I can adjust it for you and AOSP users. Let me check and I increase all values. The bad thing is that I'm not on AOSP rom, so I can't test by myself :(

I don't know what could happen if I change the file format, but at first I can play with values, leaving the rest as you have, and then you can test.

Reactions: KNIGHT97

KNIGHT97

Jan 30, 2014
Mumbai
I'll test out and report.
It's 2 am in the morning here, so I guess it would be better if I go to sleep, hahaha
But don't worry, try making both version and I'll test it out thoroughly. I can deal with the errors and all. In always keep a backup of my needed stuff on a daily basis, so nothing can stop me from being a mad flashaholic ;)

Austtin

Nov 2, 2013
I'll test out and report.
It's 2 am in the morning here, so I guess it would be better if I go to sleep, hahaha
But don't worry, try making both version and I'll test it out thoroughly. I can deal with the errors and all. In always keep a backup of my needed stuff on a daily basis, so nothing can stop me from being a mad flashaholic ;)

If you can wait, in about less than 10 or 5 mins, I upload it!

Austtin

Nov 2, 2013
I can wait, but won't be able to download, too limited 3g data pack[emoji28]
That's why I have to wait till morning to turn on my WiFi

It's just ready, download it. It's not heavy weight file. it's 211kb zip file!

edit: I increase it as note 3 values, in sammy and, now with your help, aosp. Notice that the pic is more weight than before. In the next days I'm gonna try to increase values as S5, and even see if I can config the correct values to use s5 camera. It's all a matter of give it a try and test.

I try stock note2 and s5 camera, the result: I can assure you, note 2 stock camera is taking better quality photos, after my configs, than s5 on my phone. So I think to use s5 camera, and take photos with a high quality, it needs some configs to do. I'm really enjoying note 2 camera, with this tweaks. The photos are more clear, and are more detailed, than before. I surprised by myself. I realize about it, when I make zoom in photos in gallery app.

Last edited:
Reactions: KNIGHT97

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everybody I want to share this mod I made following the next thread:How to increase camera stats
    All I made, after some testings, increase almost all values regarding to camera quality(encoder decoder audio video and image), and set it up as high as Note 3. The results are good, as I saw.

10/08/14 v1:
    I doubled the audio quality from 128kbs to 256 kbps for all resolutions. High resolution is up to 288kbps
    Increased video bitrate
    Increased image bitrate
    I able support to wmv and wma
    I set estero channel to recording for all resolutions
    Increased back and front camera values
    And many more goodies I don't remember

11/08/14 v1.3:
    Increased a little bit more bitrate values according to video
    increased a little bit image quality. I think it's the max possible, but I keep trying to increasing it, to see any difference.

14/08/14 v1.5:
    Increased audio quality to 320kbps
    Re-adjusted values
    added different FPS mod versions

--This is version #1 because I didn't increase all the low values. I installed it in my own phone, and everything is working superb.
    Next release I will try to set it higher, as S5 and see what happens, if it's working or not. But by now we have achieve something good.--

Here are some previews: here you can see a little differences regarding to standard values vs. increased ones. Using HDR - strong. Stock Note 2 camera! I realize that after made the modifications the pic is more weighty. I hope you can see the difference in the previews, because I have to low the quality to upload it faster, in tinypic. Sorry.
    5uigw5.jpg
    VS
    i2t7h0.jpg

Thanks to @mohit1234 for this helpfull guide

Download link ONLY SAMMY ROMS:

NEW VERSIONS:
    -14/08/14-
    Camera TWEAKS v1.5- 15FPS
    Camera TWEAKS v1.5- 30FPS-stock
    Camera TWEAKS v1.5- 60FPS

YOU TELL ME WHAT RUNS BETTER FOR YOU! I TESTED ALL VERSIONS IN MY OWN PHONE.

PREVIOUS VERSIONS:
    [OFFLINE]Camera TWEAKS v1.3[/URL] -> Changelog: increased a little more- 11/08/14
    Camera TWEAKS v1 - 10/08/14

Download link ONLY AOSP based ROMS:

INITIAL RELEASE Camera TWEAKS v1 AOSP - 10/08/14

FLASHABLE INSTALLATION!

INSTRUCTIONS:
    Download file and put it on your external sd
    Reboot into recovery
    Install Camera Mod
    Clear Cache/Dalvik Cache (Just to be safe...)
    Reboot!

I didn't test the flashable zip, I only moved the file to "/system/etc" using root explorer and setting permissions, but you tell me.

The idea brings to my head, after testing S5 camera. When you open camera you can see an image super clear and in a higher quality, but when you take a pic, the quality was lower.

TO DEVS: PLEASE BEFORE YOU TAKE ANYTHING, PLEASE ASK ME FOR PERSMISSION. IT TOOK ME A SUNNY DAY TO MAKE IT.

REMEMBER THAT THIS WIILL NOT MAKE ANY MAGIC JAJAJA BUT WE HAVE SOMETHING ALREADY
    ENJOY AND HAVE FUN!!

THANKS!
    Will it work on 4.1.2 roms?

It should, but If you like you can give me your "media_profile.xml" file and add it for you :highfive:
    The file you're looking for has been deleted or moved ... pls upload again

Yes, I removed and upload new ones :D
    Ok bu where can I find a modified camera.apk (smali mod)? Tell me something about that.

all camera.apk mods on xda are obsolete (4.1.x) but you can try yourself. here is the perfect "how to"

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10980448&postcount=268&nocache=1&z=1152850633952766

edit:

i forgot to mention ... don't use 60fps ... note 2 camera doesn't support it (hardware or firmware or both :D limitation)
    @Austtin V1 is better than V1.3..dn3 V5.2 here..BTW waiting for your next version :)

I'm just coming from swimming, and had my dinner. Now I'm about to put my hands on work on v1.5. So I think it comes in the next mins or hours..thanks!