[Q] Phone became unbootable after installing latest Cyanogenmod update

Search This thread

TheXXY

Aug 27, 2013
Hello,

my Galaxy Note GT-N7000 became unbootable after installing latest Cyanogenmod 10.1 update.
I use it to organize myself and I need it back as fast as possible.
I need your help and googeling was unsuccessful.
I hope it is possible to rescue my phone because I dont have much money to buy another phone.

Thanks a lot!

XXY

treacherous_hawk

Dec 22, 2012
Hello,

my Galaxy Note GT-N7000 became unbootable after installing latest Cyanogenmod 10.1 update.
I hope it is possible to rescue my phone because I dont have much money to buy another phone.

Thanks a lot!

XXY
can you access recovery mode (volume up+home+power), or download mode (volume down+power+home button)?

EdmundCheo

Aug 27, 2013
I had the exactly same problem like him. But..

can you access recovery mode (volume up+home+power), or download mode (volume down+power+home button)?

...But , i could access to Download Mode *(Volume Down+Power+Home) , I couldn't get access to Recovery Mode only *(it turns Black Screen & keep me waiting so long) .

I thought problem solves if I couldn't change another Custom Rom , but i can't even BOOT into recovery mode.

THANKS Brothers for solving here, THanks THanks. (I'm urgent for it too..)

Current Rom I hooking is:
Carbon0825

TheXXY

Aug 27, 2013

Download mode: yes
Recovery mode: no

If i had had access to the Recovery mode i wouldnt have startet this thread...

Im absolutly helpless and i cant find a guide which tells me how to reset my phone only with the download mode...

Thanks for replying!

XXY

treacherous_hawk

Dec 22, 2012

Im absolutly helpless and i cant find a guide which tells me how to reset my phone only with the download mode...

Thanks for replying!

XXY

Flash philz kernel (.tar) from pc odin while in download mode (latest version). See if you can get into recovery, if you can, download and put the CM rom+gapps on external sd card, flash without any wipes from recovery or if you did take any nandroid backup you can restore that from philz kernel.

TheXXY

Aug 27, 2013
Flash philz kernel (.tar) from pc odin while in download mode (latest version). See if you can get into recovery, if you can, download and put the CM rom+gapps on external sd card, flash without any wipes from recovery or if you did take any nandroid backup you can restore that from philz kernel.

ok... i read though these threads but i dont know how to install philz kernel...
i tried flashing it with odin but the only thing i noticed was that the binary counter increased...
can you tell me step by step what i have to do?
i know that is awful to do...

if you dont whant to write and tell it me than add me in skype: xxyababx12345

Thanks!

XXY

diwako

May 14, 2012
ok... i read though these threads but i dont know how to install philz kernel...
i tried flashing it with odin but the only thing i noticed was that the binary counter increased...

Thanks!

XXY

Why should he write it in private? I bet there are several people (including me) sitting in threads like this waiting for a clear answer from people who know what to do.

Reactions: EdmundCheo

treacherous_hawk

Dec 22, 2012

Thanks!

XXY

download philz kernel from:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1901191
download the one that says .tar instead of .zip. put the phone into download mode. Open PC odin, connect phone to pc, COM ID should light up in yellow with some number. click on PDA and choose the .tar file and click on start. once it is finished, reboot into recovery and see if it works. You can fix the counter and yellow triangle later with Triangle away application.

diwako

May 14, 2012
download the one that says .tar instead of .zip. put the phone into download mode. Open PC odin, connect phone to pc, COM ID should light up in yellow with some number. click on PDA and choose the .tar file and click on start. once it is finished, reboot into recovery and see if it works. You can fix the counter and yellow triangle later with Triangle away application.

Is the Kernel version essential? Since Philz v5.11.2 has several Kernels you can choose from, where as you cannot check which one you have running since the phone does not boot anymore.

EdmundCheo

Aug 27, 2013
correct , you're right!

Why should he write it in private? I bet there are several people (including me) sitting in threads like this waiting for a clear answer from people who know what to do.

still waiting for a clear answer to proceed the steps.

Philz Kernel may need a LINK here. maybe URL ?

THanks ALL ! feel that solutions are near now.

treacherous_hawk

Dec 22, 2012
as you cannot check, you can download the one for your region, check on sammobile.com/firmwares for which one is for your region and i already gave the link to the philz kernel, i wont post the direct url for the file.

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London

TheXXY

Aug 27, 2013
It doesn't matter which kernel you flash, you're just flashing to give you recovery and then you can flash cm and gapps. It won't boot, it's not supposed to.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ok... i flashed the kernel: PhilZ-cwm6-DDLSC-ODD-5.11.2.tar.md5

and tried to boot into recovery mode.
the samsung logo with triangle flashed up for a half a second and i released my fingers from the keys
and then the logo show up again and nothing else happened...

is it possible to reset my phone completely? i only need a bootable phone for now...

Thanks!

XXY

Last edited:

i004909

Jun 18, 2006
Not sure I'm in the same boat...

is anyone seeing the same as I am - I also can't boot into Recovery since nightly 20130824. I can boot into Download mode... and... I can still boot into my current CM10.2 nightly (20130824)!!!

I've tried reflashing CWM using ROM Manager, even a few times... but nothing changes. Trying to get into recovery using VolUp+Home+Pwr doesn't work (after Samsung GT-N7000 white text... blackscreen (which I can see is still 'on'). If I try to boot into recovery using Rom Toolbox or similar, it behaves the same and I can only get it to reboot into the ROM once I've pulled the battery out and then put it back in and connected to a charger so the battery charging icon shows... which somehow clears the 'boot into recovery' flag somewhere.

Very concerned... saw something in the changelogs back at 20130824 about recovery fixes and wondered if this might happen. The first time I got it to boot back into the ROM something wasn't quite right with the internal/external SD mounts... all my ringtones and alerts etc. were reset to just numbers (e.g. 40125) which actually happens more often than I expect... but this time I couldn't find the ones I usually use in the selection list.

I rebooted with SD card out... then re-inserted it... and then things went back to how they should be and I could see and select my preferred tones again.

Have tried booting into Recovery via app, via hw keys... with SD card in, SD out... SIM card in... SIM out... both SD and SIM out... there's just no way into recovery.

Using ROM Manager I also tried to setup the alternative Recovery (TWRP) but that also gets stuck with the message 'ROM Manager has been set up to use your existing recovery installation'. but same behaviour when trying to boto into recovery.

I've also used Android Root Toolkit to try save/protect Root... Restore Root.. etc. but to no avail.

Any ideas... please?

EDIT: Thanks for the Odin3 / PhilZ Kernel advice - that seemed to work.

Question: Now that I've got back to recovery and updated to nightly of 20130826, did I overwrite PhilZ kernel?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks!

XXY

Hello,

Thanks a lot!

XXY

Thanks for replying!

XXY

after you have flashed Philz kernel... power off the device... and try to boot into recovery.
    One problem: i dont know which kernel i have...

and i dont understand this:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31911656&postcount=2

where can i find my kernel id?

Thanks!

XXY

It doesn't matter which kernel you flash, you're just flashing to give you recovery and then you can flash cm and gapps. It won't boot, it's not supposed to.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app