Error flashing "this package is for v500 devices; this is a wifi"

Search This thread

jebuswow

Jan 29, 2014
Hi guys!

I got the G Pad 8.3 since january 20th and I wanted to install Cyanogenmod on it.
I'm able to boot into TWRP Recovery without any problems but when I try to install the newest Cyanogenmod I get the following message:

Error: Error executing updater binary in zip 'cache/recovery/cm-11-20140129-
Error: Error installing zip file 'cache/recovery/cm-11-20140129-NIGHTLY-v500

This package is for "v500" devices; this is a "awifi"

So my device is not a v500 but an awifi? Does anyone know a solution for the problem or do I just have to wait until the Cyanogenmod guys release a version specific for the "awifi" model (whatever the difference is...)

Thx in advance

Master SURGE

Jan 28, 2014
Hi guys!

I got the G Pad 8.3 since january 20th and I wanted to install Cyanogenmod on it.
I'm able to boot into TWRP Recovery without any problems but when I try to install the newest Cyanogenmod I get the following message:

So my device is not a v500 but an awifi? Does anyone know a solution for the problem or do I just have to wait until the Cyanogenmod guys release a version specific for the "awifi" model (whatever the difference is...)

Thx in advance

which version of twrp did u flash ? if it is 2.6.3.0 , then update to 2.6.3.2 and try again

Reactions: jebuswow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys!

Thx in advance

which version of twrp did u flash ? if it is 2.6.3.0 , then update to 2.6.3.2 and try again
    Installed the stuff a 2nd time now.
    Again the bootlop bug. :/

did u do a factory reset after flashing the rom ?