Part of touch screen not responsive

Search This thread

ccheung

May 17, 2008
I have new stock 20a 4.2.2. Then I OTA upgraded to 4.4.2 20d without problem. I used Towel root to root the tablet. The table works fine up to this point. Then I installed TWRP and installed custom ROM. Since then the top part of touchscreen is not response. I used LG mobile support tool to rollback the tablet to stock 20d. But the problem still exists. Any clue?

One side note. I also applied wet screen protector after I installed TWRP. At first I thought it was the problem of the screen protector, but I have peeled it off but the problem still exists.

aicjofs

Nov 6, 2012
Portland, Oregon
I have new stock 20a 4.2.2. Then I OTA upgraded to 4.4.2 20d without problem. I used Towel root to root the tablet. The table works fine up to this point. Then I installed TWRP and installed custom ROM. Since then the top part of touchscreen is not response. I used LG mobile support tool to rollback the tablet to stock 20d. But the problem still exists. Any clue?

One side note. I also applied wet screen protector after I installed TWRP. At first I thought it was the problem of the screen protector, but I have peeled it off but the problem still exists.

I seem to remember a post in the accessories section about screen protectors and someone applied a wet style one and had the same or similar issue. I think they let it dry out for a couple days. The general consensus is the gpad is sealed very well.