[ROM][4.4.2][V500][KDZ] Stock LG build KOT49I.V50020a KOREA + ROOT + ABOOT + TWRP

Search This thread

King_Rat

Mar 19, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone 3
V50020a assist?

Hope the OP is still active b/c I could use those detailed instructions...

I have the following:

LG GPad - V50020a...

Rooted w/ towelroot.apk

Recovery installed w/ Flashify

Trying to reboot into TWRP gives ==>>> Secure booting error! Cause : boot certification verify

Questions:
*If I unlock bootloader will I be able to boot into TWRP recovery?

*Is the locked bootloader actually preventing me from having a soft brick?

*Can V50020a (4.4.2) actually have a custom recovery/rom?
NB, through searching and reading, I've come across one person claiming to have TWRP working on 4.4.2 V50020a. (No guide/instructions were provided though)

Also, there doesn't look like any roms are available for my version...

*If there aren't any roms etc. for my variant, there probably isn't much point going to all this trouble.

*If it can be done, how to down grade from current scenario?

Hope the OP is still active b/c I could use those detailed instructions...

I have the following:

LG GPad - V50020a...

Rooted w/ towelroot.apk

Recovery installed w/ Flashify

Trying to reboot into TWRP gives ==>>> Secure booting error! Cause : boot certification verify

Questions:
*If I unlock bootloader will I be able to boot into TWRP recovery?

*Is the locked bootloader actually preventing me from having a soft brick?

*Can V50020a (4.4.2) actually have a custom recovery/rom?
NB, through searching and reading, I've come across one person claiming to have TWRP working on 4.4.2 V50020a. (No guide/instructions were provided though)

Also, there doesn't look like any roms are available for my version...

*If there aren't any roms etc. for my variant, there probably isn't much point going to all this trouble.

*If it can be done, how to down grade from current scenario?

Very interested in the fix for this, mine is doing the same thing?

King_Rat

Mar 19, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Very interested in the fix for this, mine is doing the same thing?

There is a fix of sorts... Will prevent you from official OTA updates :meh:

I'll see if I can find it again

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad ©

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

....from the TWRP terminal command type (hit little centre square at bottom of terminal command screen first)

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

then hit enter

Now type

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc

then hit enter and reboot.

PS - make sure you do it exactly like above :thumbup:

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad ©

Last edited:

Delo718

Apr 26, 2013
Thanks a ton, this was super easy and fast. My only holdup was it took me a few minutes to realize I had to grant it access for an ADB shell in my SuperSU app.

Bronando

May 30, 2014
Hello, I have an (admittedly crappy) windows xp sp3 computer. I cant get the script to work. Image #1 is when going to cmd and trying to run it from there #2 is when clicking the .bat (stays like that)

Any help please?

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    15.8 KB · Views: 298
  • untitled1.PNG
    untitled1.PNG
    14.7 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

vedko

Jun 8, 2008
Hello, I have an (admittedly crappy) windows xp sp3 computer. I cant get the script to work. Image #1 is when going to cmd and trying to run it from there #2 is when clicking the .bat (stays like that)

Any help please?

take this as a guess, as I haven't been using XP for long time... for some reasons between heaven and earth, your computer starts adb daemon correctly but later cannot find the application. First check the script if the path to the adb that starts the daemon is the same throughout the whole script (my guess it is). If so, copy (not move) the adb.exe to the c:/windows/system32 directory, including all .dll files. This is the directory where windows looks for the commands.

Reactions: Bronando

ChrisGarner

Dec 7, 2009
About to get crazy...

Hello everyone

I am posting here as I definitively ran out of ideas... All I am trying to do is to simply installa a custom recovery to install a new rom on my Gpad 4.4.2 build KOT491v50020d. I tried almost everything I could think of, including the step 3 at the beginning of this thread, using flashify, using some other tools that I don't even remember the name... None of them worked! I was just able to break the factory recovery and managed to restore it with the LG Mobile tool. After that, I got completely stuck. Using the method described at step 3 here seemed to work (i changed the model number as suggested to 500d), the script runs fine, it tells me it finishes, it restarts the device and then go back to the Android normal screen. Tried both with cable plugged and unplugged, no success. What else I can try? Can you help me? Thanks a lot to whoever will find me a way to get out !!! :)

hyperxguy

Mar 31, 2011
Hello everyone

I am posting here as I definitively ran out of ideas... All I am trying to do is to simply installa a custom recovery to install a new rom on my Gpad 4.4.2 build KOT491v50020d. I tried almost everything I could think of, including the step 3 at the beginning of this thread, using flashify, using some other tools that I don't even remember the name... None of them worked! I was just able to break the factory recovery and managed to restore it with the LG Mobile tool. After that, I got completely stuck. Using the method described at step 3 here seemed to work (i changed the model number as suggested to 500d), the script runs fine, it tells me it finishes, it restarts the device and then go back to the Android normal screen. Tried both with cable plugged and unplugged, no success. What else I can try? Can you help me? Thanks a lot to whoever will find me a way to get out !!! :)

Got my refurbished tab 2 days ago ... two OTA updates to get to 20d ... I didn't do step#1, just step# 2 then 3. After step#3, just ran flashify to reboot to TWRP recovery (I've only used flashify for that purpose) ... then update to latest TWRP 2.8 (4.4.2)... no issue whatsoever. I've tried Mahdi just for fun, but will stay with (rooted) stock for now.
(I have mahdi on my N7s and G2)

Reactions: ChrisGarner

ChrisGarner

Dec 7, 2009
Hello and thanks to have shared your experience. I will give it a try and see what happens...

I did it!!!! Thanks for your suggestion that convinced me to try one more time!! The only thing I changed from the last time was a full wipe of the device. Done that, followed the entire procedure again and it worked like a charm!!!

Thanks again dude

Involved

Jan 24, 2011
I did it!!!! Thanks for your suggestion that convinced me to try one more time!! The only thing I changed from the last time was a full wipe of the device. Done that, followed the entire procedure again and it worked like a charm!!!

Thanks again dude

Hi, I'm trying to install the TWRP recovery and have had the same problem as you, I made a cache wipe and factory reset but couldn't get the recovery to get installed. Could you please tell me how you solved in detail? thanks

Bronando

May 30, 2014
Is there any other way I can install TWRP without the computer or without scripts? Maybe inside the tablet? For some reason my computer works horribly with using .bat files it just doesnt recognize the directory or something.

Im itching to try out the new ROMs but unfortunately I had to factory reset.

Gmobilize

Oct 31, 2011
Riga
Hello ,as many others i want to get the aboot and flash recovery on a V20D gpad but do i really have to flash the required kdz version or can i do it in other way like modify the script or something?

chris24680

Apr 11, 2011
Does anyone have a link to the TWRP install zip, since the link in the first post just seems to go to an adware site now.

bouss

Jun 19, 2010
Thessaloniki
It seems that when in 4.4, there is no way to install a custom recovery or revert to 4.2 to do it the old way. We will wait I guess though after all this time I'm not actually optimistic.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts