Gps Not working

Search This thread

billybob24

Aug 4, 2007
I have tryed a few different roms xnote and now on dynamic rom and my gps dont work on either one. it downloaded a few different apps from the play store to try and locate me an they say 0.

any one else having this happen?

Ideas4ya

Aug 10, 2012
OnePlus Open
I have tryed a few different roms xnote and now on dynamic rom and my gps dont work on either one. it downloaded a few different apps from the play store to try and locate me an they say 0.

I had the same issue this morning. I have SS installed and also X-Note, Verizon ported rom, and Knox Raid 2.6. GPS was working but would continuously run because it never got a lock.

How'd I fix it? Well I deleted each rom slot and reinstalled the rom. I did this one by one, rebooting and testing each rom as I re-installed it. It turns out that after I uninstalled and reinstalled the Verizon ported rom, the GPS signal was able to lock on all, even my stock rom slot running X-Note.

I thought it was PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for a rom to modify settings like this within safestrap to where the changes you make in one rom could bleed over into the other rom. I thought that was the purpose of having SS rom slots.

But...you learn something new every day. I hope you don't lose too much info, but this is what got me back up and running.

Reactions: LuckyColdJohnson

billybob24

Aug 4, 2007
I had the same issue this morning. I have SS installed and also X-Note, Verizon ported rom, and Knox Raid 2.6. GPS was working but would continuously run because it never got a lock.

How'd I fix it? Well I deleted each rom slot and reinstalled the rom. I did this one by one, rebooting and testing each rom as I re-installed it. It turns out that after I uninstalled and reinstalled the Verizon ported rom, the GPS signal was able to lock on all, even my stock rom slot running X-Note.

I thought it was PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for a rom to modify settings like this within safestrap to where the changes you make in one rom could bleed over into the other rom. I thought that was the purpose of having SS rom slots.

But...you learn something new every day. I hope you don't lose too much info, but this is what got me back up and running.

So i only have 1 rom slot now. i have installed a bunch of diff roms. so your saying i shoudl install all that i have installed and look at the gps setting?

i can get it to work if i use the gps test app in the app store. but after every cal i have to re run that test app to kick it back on. such a pain

Ideas4ya

Aug 10, 2012
OnePlus Open
You may not have to uninstall all of them. Just do it one by one and test each rom. I would start with the newest rom because that's more than likely the rom you were on when it stopped getting a lock.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.