[Q] encrypted s3 running archidroid 3.4

Search This thread

rherbert1980

Dec 15, 2013
Hi guys,

hope you might be able to help.

I was fiddling around trying to access my work emails from home yesterday and G mail asked me to install android device manager so that my work could control security protocols on my phone in case it was lost. It asked me to encrypt my device which i did and left it plugged in for a few hours while it did it's stuff. On reboot it loads into the usual registration stuff after installing a new ROM, but the keyboard is not usable it will only use speech recognition input and then the installer stops working.

All i really want is to get my photos off of my phone the rest is backed up to my g mail contacts list etc. can anyone help me out of this mess i made?

Andr3y29

Jan 31, 2013
Buzau
I will guess you have Archi 2.4. And about the photos, are they on the external SD crd or on the phone ? if they are on the SD card, then you can simply format everything and install another ROM (let's say archi 2.4.1 updated in the morning ;) )
First I would try to download the Archi 2.4.1 to my SD card and flash it. (select in Aroma to update it, as you already have ArchiDroid installed). Flash it without wiping, first. It should install the element that are missing from the keyboard (I would reccomend to select in Aroma both keyboards. If one does not work, you have the other one).
If that does not work, flash the ROM again, now select that you don't have the ROM installed. And it will flash it entirely. Repeat the part with the keyboards.
Third solution would be to flash a stock ROM via Odin.
Come here and report on what you have done.