[APP|TUT]How to convert / transfer SMS from Nokia to any WM HTC device

Search This thread

samsamfin

Sep 11, 2009
Heyyy, ive got about 400+ messages that i want to move from nokia to touch hd. smsimport says there was an error reading the xml file, but when i reduce the amount of messages to around 50 in each folder, it works. Is there a limit for messages in wm or htc, or is it something else maybe? thx a lot for this tutorial. this is the only way i can get messages moved from nokia to htc =)=)=) gr8 work!!!

samsamfin

Sep 11, 2009
i figured out the problem. one of the messages was

Code:
<message date="04/09/2009 15:19:50" sender="+00000000000" recipient=""><3</message>

that messed it up.

i removed the <3 message and now it works =)

markisme

Sep 7, 2009
Mumbai
hey even when i tried with the MuF_s Nokia SMS convert utility 0.2 , I was able to get the sms's converted to the XML format whithout any errors , but got an error when i tried to import the file using smsimport....

markisme

Sep 7, 2009
Mumbai
hey i really appreciate the time & effort im sure if i look for some characters that r not required just like samsamfin did i may get it right... thanks for all the effort

sinmae

Feb 4, 2007
Bratislava/Slovakia
hello,

it works perfectly! thanx a lot. I did not find any normal software that can do this trick. I mean transfer whole SMS from symbian to winmobile. thank you agan :)

leipreachan

Oct 17, 2009
Hi
The SMS parser produces a file with the strings as following:
<message date="08/05/2009 8:23:12 PM" sender="+79262548360" recipient="">
��������������������!!!!! �����������!!!!!
</message>

I mean parser doesn't take into account encoding of my messages.
The file with has been produced by ABC Amber .. has the correct messages (in Russian).
Any advice?

leipreachan

Oct 17, 2009
ABC Converter produces the correct file - the encoding is fine.
I do have the editor with unicode support. And it shows that the file has no signs of meaningful contents.
If your converter has kinda logging or debug?

Top Liked Posts