[ROM Port / WIP] - CoolDroid Revolution v9.0 - Sense 4.1

Search This thread

HandyBesitzer

Jan 29, 2012
Köln
I don't want to make someones work bad. It's simply a fact, that this ROM take longer to change from normal to landscape and back. And my offer was that greeneyes maybe can ask the other developer how they made the Kernel things, because he self postet more than once he isn't that good in it.

Of cause there are things i like more from this ROM, that's simply normal because every ROM is unique. So i made the suggestion to learn from others who already solved some problems.

In my opinion a forum like this is to help each other and work together instead of against. If greeneyes can fix problems, RSK already fixed, he can work from this position next and maybe fix bugs that RSK can take from him. With this method the ROMs would both profit.

And if i wouldn't care about this ROM, why should i try to help greeneyes where he can find some solutions?

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
I don't want to make someones work bad. It's simply a fact, that this ROM take longer to change from normal to landscape and back. And my offer was that greeneyes maybe can ask the other developer how they made the Kernel things, because he self postet more than once he isn't that good in it.

Of cause there are things i like more from this ROM, that's simply normal because every ROM is unique. So i made the suggestion to learn from others who already solved some problems.

In my opinion a forum like this is to help each other and work together instead of against. If greeneyes can fix problems, RSK already fixed, he can work from this position next and maybe fix bugs that RSK can take from him. With this method the ROMs would both profit.

And if i wouldn't care about this ROM, why should i try to help greeneyes where he can find some solutions?

imo there is only 1 reason why greeneyes rom isnt as smooth and why somethings dont work (yet) its because he hasnt had time to work/develope on it. RSK Team have been working non stop on their roms for the past few months so im almost certain if greeneyes had the time to work on the rom then it would be very good rom by now. all we can do is wait until he has the time

hiverguitar

Oct 5, 2011
San Sebastián
Getting stucked in "quietly brilliant" logo...it starts to update applications, but then it goes back to "quietly brilliant" and stucks there...I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

EDIT: Solved at the second time :)

Does the video record work? Here just closes the "Camera" apk...

Last edited:

droid_<3er

Dec 20, 2011
Vancouver
Getting stucked in "quietly brilliant" logo...it starts to update applications, but then it goes back to "quietly brilliant" and stucks there...I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

EDIT: Solved at the second time :)

Does the video record work? Here just closes the "Camera" apk...

OK, I got it to boot but it started freezing right after setup and I could only pull the battery. Then, when I booted it again,
everything started to FC on me and I had to pull again. I had gotten to Rosie, but I think Rosie FCed as well.

Now every time I boot, it doesn't get past the bootanimation. I'm going to try installing it all again.

Stock HBOOT, S-OFF with Revolutionary, Fat32 with 1GB ext4 formatted with 4EXT, and that's about it... no swap partition. Do I need that?

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

OK, it works now, but I can see why this is a test rom.

It takes ages for HTC Sense to start up. The lockscreen doesn't even show at bootup, it's just the wallpaper and the statusbar. After the lockscreen comes in, it's the initial HTC loading screen, but it takes forever and com.android.phone stops responding and I close it.

The previous boot, it got extremely glitchy (i had two statusbars going at the same time, as well as two notificiation drawers). Then after it settled down Rosie.apk still wouldn't work, so I restarted.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Right now, the lockscreen works beautifully smooth, but I get the double statusbar again so Rosie is unfortunately unusable. I also see a no SIM icon popping up all of a sudden...
I doubt the CPU is working very hard; it's not even close to hot. Some problem with software? I used standard (stock) a2sd, apps, cache and dalvik to sd-ext.

Anyone else having such problems?

Last edited:

droid_<3er

Dec 20, 2011
Vancouver
It's all right now, just a tad bit slow and unresponsive. I typically have to wait a few minutes for everything to load on boot.

Edit: It's impossibly slow right now. Turning off the radio doesn't solve it; I guess phone.apk really isn't the biggest problem after all.
Besides the screen having hogged 98% of the battery usage, there's also com.htc.launcher and surfaceflinger up there among the worst battery
hogs.

Last edited:

hiverguitar

Oct 5, 2011
San Sebastián
OK, I got it to boot but it started freezing right after setup and I could only pull the battery. Then, when I booted it again,
everything started to FC on me and I had to pull again. I had gotten to Rosie, but I think Rosie FCed as well.

Now every time I boot, it doesn't get past the bootanimation. I'm going to try installing it all again.

Stock HBOOT, S-OFF with Revolutionary, Fat32 with 1GB ext4 formatted with 4EXT, and that's about it... no swap partition. Do I need that?

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

OK, it works now, but I can see why this is a test rom.

It takes ages for HTC Sense to start up. The lockscreen doesn't even show at bootup, it's just the wallpaper and the statusbar. After the lockscreen comes in, it's the initial HTC loading screen, but it takes forever and com.android.phone stops responding and I close it.

The previous boot, it got extremely glitchy (i had two statusbars going at the same time, as well as two notificiation drawers). Then after it settled down Rosie.apk still wouldn't work, so I restarted.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Right now, the lockscreen works beautifully smooth, but I get the double statusbar again so Rosie is unfortunately unusable. I also see a no SIM icon popping up all of a sudden...
I doubt the CPU is working very hard; it's not even close to hot. Some problem with software? I used standard (stock) a2sd, apps, cache and dalvik to sd-ext.

Anyone else having such problems?

Mine works fine. The only bad thing is the video record that doesn't work...let's see if there are updates soon :)

droid_<3er

Dec 20, 2011
Vancouver
Mine works fine. The only bad thing is the video record that doesn't work...let's see if there are updates soon :)

What HBOOT are you on? Stock HBOOT started to get so annoying that I switched to CM7R2, but it's the same.

It's even worse now on CM7R2. Although operation is smoother, I can't even get it to go past the lockscreen. I get visual artifacts (i'll post later when I find my SD-reader because I cannot connect to PC with this rom), and Phone and Setup continually give me ANR.

Alpharev CM7R2, superwiped twice before installing, and mount2sd options apps, data and dalvik all to sd-ext, with DL cache option.

droid_<3er

Dec 20, 2011
Vancouver
Apparently either Setup is working or it just completely gave up because I'm at the loading screen for the launcher. It's the one that looks like the HTC bootlogo, except it's supposed to fade away to the homescreen, and that's not happening ( it just hangs there).

Here's what it looks like.

Attachments

• ht2c.jpg
    ht2c.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 390

hiverguitar

Oct 5, 2011
San Sebastián
droid_<3er I've tried stock hboot. Desire is not my phone. After installing this Rom, it's true that it's a little bit laggy, and in some situations, the screen makes annoying things. Also the video record doesn't work. Let's see if there's an update :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Reactions: droid_<3er

the_maker

Jun 22, 2007
Republic of Macedonia
What HBOOT are you on? Stock HBOOT started to get so annoying that I switched to CM7R2, but it's the same.

It's even worse now on CM7R2. Although operation is smoother, I can't even get it to go past the lockscreen. I get visual artifacts (i'll post later when I find my SD-reader because I cannot connect to PC with this rom), and Phone and Setup continually give me ANR.

Alpharev CM7R2, superwiped twice before installing, and mount2sd options apps, data and dalvik all to sd-ext, with DL cache option.

I accidentally dropped here to look for a rom for my friends Desire ;) If you are experiencing this type of anomalies then you have to "refresh" your phones memory (all of it) by flashing a completely stock rom (with its own hboot) and then redo all the custom rom flashing..

It happens on all devices that many system memory blocks get corrupted and after it shows as a hardware problem, and of course in the software in the end..

I'm 99% sure that this will solve your problem mate ;)

Reactions: droid_<3er

kostovdean

Feb 27, 2012
This is the best Rom ever but you need to reinstall because in time gets wery laggy. By the way are any development taking progres or this forum is forgotten by the admin?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

bonesy

Jan 28, 2009
Cornwall, united kingdom
The graphical glitch problem is down to graphic drivers and vsync, I've had a lot of android phones and never hear of tyhisd corrupt memory block issue, I have emailed Noeri who fixed the same issue on the sensation. If I hadn't sold my PC Id have ago at speeding it up

Sent from my Nexus 7 using telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: leeboycott

farazhassankhan

Feb 25, 2012
Never Boots Up

I followed the instructions but its been stuck on splash screen for last 15 minutes. I reinstalled it but still doesn't go over black splash screen.

leeboycott

Aug 25, 2012
bonesy was right with what he said about graphical glitches. I'm looking. Into the kernel as we speak hope to get it fixed asap.

To all with this Rom. A hot fix for camera will be on my blog soon. This hot fix will work on all sense 4 based rims who have problem with
*unable to use flash due to cold weather* error it took me 10 Minuten rk find a fix. Im also working in USB mount fix tnks

dragang

Jan 5, 2010
Kladovo
hot fix

bonesy was right with what he said about graphical glitches. I'm looking. Into the kernel as we speak hope to get it fixed asap.

To all with this Rom. A hot fix for camera will be on my blog soon. This hot fix will work on all sense 4 based rims who have problem with
*unable to use flash due to cold weather* error it took me 10 Minuten rk find a fix. Im also working in USB mount fix tnks

This is wonderful news, thank you very much. What are the chances to make working bluetooth.
Thanks again.

boleguc

Aug 26, 2011
Novi Sad

If you're willing and think you can help, a few guys are working on porting kernel 3 for the Desire, there is a thread here, you can see what they have done, maybe you can help compile a working kernel for all ICS and JB roms, including this one :) I'm saying this because you sad you're looking into the kernel, trying to fix the glitches, so I guess you would be interested in that project :)

Reactions: Starfarrel

leeboycott

Aug 25, 2012
Not yet this is so hard work im working on kernel 3 and am upto the stage of just needing to fix a few things here is whats done

wifi
gpio
yaffs2
Video
MDP
bluetooth

plus many more, im having major problems with mmc and init and TCP/IP i am trying my very hardest to make this work as sense 4 will be great i am yet to update the base on this kernel but 2morrow i will PM noonamer and do what i can to assist but he is further ahead than i am ( if he still working on it ). off to bed but when im back ill get things sorted thanks. (

Hotfix- No need to fix camera at moment use ICS Camera on market works just fine with flash ( just till we get k3 ) thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CoolDroid Revolution v 9.0

Trying this Rom once, is adopting it for always

Features
    Quote:
    Ω Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
    Ω Latest One V Base: 2.22.401.1
    Ω Sense 4.1
    Ω Evervolv Kernel (2.6.38.8)
    Ω Tabbed Quicksettings
    Ω Sense 4.1
    Ω Tabbed Quicksettings
    Ω Cube animations like One X
    Ω Full work stock Camera
    Ω Stable , Fast and Optimised for Battery Life
    Ω Cube Animations in all apps are smooth as butter
    Ω Sense 4.1 lockscreens added
    Ω LIGHTNING Fast
    Ω Deodexed, zipaligned
    Ω Synchronisation fully working
    Ω NEW Advanced Power Menu
    Ω Busybox + runparts
    Ω Location is enabled
    Ω A lot of junk removed
    Ω Rooted and SuperUser
    Ω init.d support
    Ω Enhanced further Beats Sound Audio
    Ω Init.d tweaks
    Ω Multilanguages
    Ω Fix package signature checking
    Ω Fast and optimized
    Ω more

Fast , smooth & stable...

Credits to :

*Dsixda for his kitchen
    *The UOT Kitchen team
    *HTC for the base
    *XDA devs for the inspiration!
    *Coolexe for his permission to port

http://d-h.st/ix9 - update 9.0

Kernelsource:

https://github.com/Evervolv/android_kernel_htc_qsd8k

Change log:
    version 9.0:
    - added Full Lockscreen
    - full Sense 4.1 with all widgets and apps
    - better sizing sense 4.1 rosie
    - resized all widgets
    - resized Weather animation in landscape mode
    - fixed Taskmanager (show real size - 768M)
    - fixed contacts icons
    - added FaceLock - 100% work
    - added more build.prob Tweaks
    - something More That I Can't Remembered...

Instructions

1. Flash Superwipe

2. Flash Superwipe again :laugh:

3. Flash Rom

4. Flash m2sd (For me : I am on cm7r2 , I decided to store apps, data, dalvik to sd-ext, take the dl option) , and all works like charming ,

If anyone is quite a bit tougher than me in compiling kernels, than fixing FM will not be a problem. My Problem is that every selfcompiled Kernel don´t interact with the bcmdhd_fw files, alltough I compiled with tghe right Kernel Sources....
    @Nonamer any help in developing is welcome... :good:
    i fixed wifi, n made some tweaks

included new CoolDroid 8.5 stuffs
    http://d-h.st/csH
    So now I´m home again from hospital. Think I will prepare little Update this week. Hope to get camera full fixed
    Uploaded new smooth Version , Screenshots coming tonight... all Hboots, fully rooted, working Audio, Sensors , Camera, etc...
    @Nonamer any help in developing is welcome... :good: