Swipewheel - keyboard concept for touchscreen devices

Search This thread

jacekwarchol

May 12, 2014
Hi there!
I've just registered, nice to meet you all :)

I've came up with a concept of new type of "keyboard" for touchscreen devices (target: mobile phones), the tests went really great, and I am now patenting it. I would like to see your opinions or ideas.

Since I'm new here, Im not allowed to post links, please search "swipewheel" in youtube.

Thanks!
Best regards, Jacek.

Last edited:

etag

Jul 10, 2011
Looks great. I want to test it.

Sent from my L36h using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jkrlvgn

Mar 1, 2011
+1 . sounds like something to try

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ph37rd

Oct 6, 2012
Hi there!
I've just registered, nice to meat you all :)

I've came up with a concept of new type of "keyboard" for touchscreen devices (target: mobile phones), the tests went really great, and I am now patenting it. I would like to see your opinions or ideas.

Since I'm new here, Im not allowed to post links, please search "swipewheel" in youtube.

Thanks!
Best regards, Jacek.

Nice to meet you, as well.

If the production of your wheel is as slick as your video, we are all in for a treat.

Can't wait to try it out.

How do you tell the difference between backspace and caps lock? At a quick glance, they both look like counter-clockwise circles within the wheel.

Last edited:

TheLastDonLLC

May 11, 2014
Very cool concept and the core idea is great. I felt like some of the other rules may become difficult to learn and weren't as intuitive as the initial demo so, if your goal is getting users to try it out, I'd suggest keeping your demo a little more concise.

Unique idea though, love the thought process. :)

Asphyxiation

Sep 11, 2011
That is really cool. I will definitely try it out whenever able.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

baldwyn

Apr 6, 2010
That seems very innovative design...
If planning, you need to patent it soon before you end up finding Apple has already patented it...:good:

Why? Apple have already patented their keyboard which is the most innovative and magical keyboard in the world. :sarcasm:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: TheGoD

RmatriX1218

Feb 2, 2012
vadodara
Why? Apple have already patented their keyboard which is the most innovative and magical keyboard in the world. :sarcasm:

Sorry but I am not aware Apple patent. I will be glad if you can share....
and patenting is out of main subject but I'll add last few things as OP has already shared his wish for patenting...
Big companies patents concept not only to apply it to their design, but more importantly to keep new concepts away from their competitors...

baldwyn

Apr 6, 2010
Sorry but I am not aware Apple patent. I will be glad if you can share....
and patenting is out of main subject but I'll add last few things as OP has already shared his wish for patenting...
Big companies patents concept not only to apply it to their design, but more importantly to keep new concepts away from their competitors...

I'm not sure if you understood that I was just making a sarcastic comment about how Apple wouldn't need another keyboard because they think their's is the best in the world.

dschoenike

Jul 7, 2007
Very cool looking. I don't usually try new keyboards, but yours looks extremely interesting. I think the link to your website on the YouTube page is misspelled. it shows swipewhel, instead of swipewheel.com. look forward to trying your keyboard out.

dschoenike

Reactions: TheGoD

SavedByGrace

Jul 17, 2013
Looks interesting. I'd be interested to test it out as well.

Does it also take multitouch to swipe out letters twice as fast? Since you can already resize the circle already =]

Jingleheimer

Oct 2, 2013
I'd be very interested to try it out and happy to test

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there!
    I've just registered, nice to meet you all :)

Thanks!
    Best regards, Jacek.
    Just curious but has there been any progress on the development? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Almost one month and a half without any news from OP... is this project still under development or it's been discontinued? :confused:
    Almost one month and a half without any news from OP... is this project still under development or it's been discontinued? :confused:
    +1
    Still pretty interested in this one ^^
    Apostrophes should be automatically placed, and the delete gesture removes it should you not need it (when you actually want "its" without one).
    Inserting a space by lifting your finger would be conditional (not when adding commas, full stops etc).
    Another idea I've always wanted but never seen is when highlighting a word or words, instead of just cut, copy, paste option, you have options to wrap the word or words in " ", ' ' or ( ).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing your opinion, I really appreciate each comment and idea.
    You know, the app demo only shows "raw letter input method", of course in final app, there will be auto-correct and other improvements available.
    Best regards, Jack.