[WARNING] Do NOT update to GB via RUU nor OTA if you want root

Search This thread

PapaDocta

Jun 4, 2004
new revolutionary version is out and should work with all GB builds but still fails after booting into fastboot :(

MotorcycleMike

Sep 21, 2007
I am already rooted. Flashed a few GB ROM's and was thinking of going back to Froyo and accepting the OTA update to GB. I know I will lose Root but will I then be able to get it back with the new release of Alpharev? I am not sure what my Hboot is or will be if I accept the OTA update.

Thanks!

Mike

finitybeyond

Jan 18, 2011
The new Revolutionary supports the Incredible 2 with the 2.3.3 OTA.

Mods, please un-sticky this thread as it no longer applies.

cooksalot

Aug 1, 2010
Oh! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I have to get a replacement phone for my Incredible and was worried that I may not be able to root the new phone. I am SOOOO happy that I don't' have to worry about it. :D:D:D

doncaruana

Jan 17, 2011
I apologize for being dumb...but just what rom is it that now works? Can someone post a link or something?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This post no longer applies, revolutionary works on GB.

I am repacking and testing the GB rom now for root users, and will post it shortly. If you flash the GB update, you will patch the temproot exploits used in AlphaRev's s-off process.

AKA dont update if you want root.
    GB poopgrade

Just to confirm, if the phone comes with 2.3.3, you cannot root it? (new to inc2)

With the Vomitrizen Poopgrade of GB you might only be able to use the hardware method (xtc clip).

The software method (AlphaRevX) works for the Froyo OS, (For Now)????

After all the whinning that went on with the .05% of first group of DInc 2 owners, It would not suprise me if the team just left the sceene for a happier group.

But October is a little ways out. I might give MITTY a shot once I get my hands on DInc 2.

Oh yea force feed me a muoth full of that Vomitrizen Bloat will ya!
    I might just spit it back in the face of HTC for going along with this shady deal...
    And with that new teared data condom, they can stick it to ya for using more data that most of that bloat consumes, weather you want it or not..

Vomitrizin just want's the avarage user to make up the loss, from takin a bite out of that nasty Apple, so they are stikin us with the worm.

And that MutoRolla me over and stik it again, krap for hardware is going for "Buy one and get stuck with another one".

I smell a class action for racketeering if you ask me..
    So if I understand this right..

stock RUU
    http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?1038-RUU-Shipping-firmware-1.34.605.4

With this RUU and Temp root on GB we would be able to downgrade back to stock and use Alpharevx when released.

So a root exploit for GB is all we're missing then

Correct, and no public temp root exists so ...
    So the OTA update is to 2.3 but no bootloader unlock?

Bootloader is the same as the stock on in the GB leak, I have repacked it to be root friendly, and will upload when i have time, not going to rush since only a few are s-off
    Bootloader is the same as the stock on in the GB leak, I have repacked it to be root friendly, and will upload when i have time, not going to rush since only a few are s-off
    Never rush perfection. Thanks for the time you are dedicating to this device for all of us non dev's that love roms... ect.