GALAXY ACE 2 GT-I8160 Development

Search This thread

str3tch72

Nov 25, 2012
Lubartów
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 6
I think it's good topic to say goodbye. After two years of using this such a good phone, I'm moving to next one. In this post I thank:
@ChronoMonochrome - for great kernels, ROMs and knowledge, Ace 2 have great developer, keep in health my brother! @ace2nutzer - for nice kernel and lot of time to work on it to have better ones after every realase - keep it up! @PolishVodka - for great contribution in our phone - aby ktoś Ci postawił kiedyś tą Polską Wódkę za kawał genialnej pracy! @Rox - for "the greatness" RootBox, I'm still a fan of this ROM! @judas77 - cudowny Carbon, cudowny RootBox itp. Społeczność L90 ma genialnego deva - piona! @Lupus@dei - "better tomorrow of Ace 2" - please, bring these guys fully-working CM12.1! @xo.en - sarkazm i "chamstwo" w Twoim wypadku zostały podniesione do rangi sztuki, wiedz, że to doceniam!

I don't remember You guys, but I want to thank You all, we are one of the best community, with all n00bs and experts in modding. Take care guys, within 6 hours I will own my small beaty - Nexus 4. See You sometimes, love You guys! (No homo ofc.)

Best wishes and regards,
Karol aka str3tch72.

Last edited:

judas1977

Mar 22, 2011
Heh, good luck with new phone!

Now you'll spend another 2 years on 'staying for good' with every single mako ROM :)

Last edited:
Reactions: str3tch72

xo.en

Jul 5, 2014
Spalding, England, Łódź, Poland...
Last edited:
Reactions: str3tch72

Sreeroop

Mar 2, 2015
I flashed stock version of jellybean from stock gingerbread via Odin. After flashing stock jellybean I cant use my mobile data. Anybody know any solutions??? APNs r correct and its not the prblm of sim card..pls help ace 2 gt 18160

beardedpanda

Mar 9, 2016
Try restart your phone 3 or 4 times. If that didn't work perform Wipe data/Factory reset, foemat cache from Recovery menu then set APN points manualy.
If none will be working try to download another stock firmware for your region. I recommend using Samfirm from XDA for this.

Last edited:
GT-I8160 can't access Play Store

Hi,

for two factor verification, I always carry a second, older phone with me.
When my Galaxy S2 was physically destroyed, I remembered an old Gingerbread Ace 2 I still had lying around somewhere.

Years ago I got it on a data plan where I rented it, then would give it back.
When it was in use , I had rooted it; when I thought I would have to give it back, I unrooted, got rid of the triangle - and was told the provider didn't want it back, after all.

Now, I unearthed it, put in a SIM, and have a useable phone again.

BUT I decided to install a few apps that should work on it - and was told "wrong Password" by the Play store.

I tried everything I could think of (including typing the password into the Messaging app, then copy/pasting it into the login field, and briefly changing my password through my "daily driver" to 0987654321234567890).

No success "wrong password".

Has anyone any idea what the possible reason might be, and maybe even a solution?

I have just rooted the phone again (after seeing there are actually JB ROMs for this old dear), and everything works, except the Google login.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
Problem solved though not explained: for some inscrutable reason the Ace2 with that ROM could only enter 15 character passwords into the Google login - mine were longer; This problem no longer exists.

Last edited:
Things got worse...

When I saw that CM12.1 is available for this phone - with all the myriad security patches since Gingerbread - I made a Nandroid backup and installed the latest version of cm.
"No SIM"!
I tried out the other two versions of cm 12.1 I could find - "No SIM"!

So, with a sigh, I restored my Nandroid backup - and got into a boot loop!

I am currently downloading a stock ROM from Sammobile, but would really hate to have to reinstall Kies on my PC.
Are there any other CustomROMs still available for the Ace2/GT-I8160 that I simply haven't found?

Regards,
Jochen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SOLVED:
Further reading showed that I only needed to install Kies for the Samsung drivers and could then uninstall it again; Odin worked very well to bring my Ace2 up from Gingerbread to Jellybean (I think - 4.1.2, anyhow)
Now I'll root again, and leave the CustomROMs for this device alone.

Last edited:

giew13

Aug 9, 2013
Purwakarta, West Java
Can anyone teach me how to move lidroid toggles on GB?
I've been try dcsms guide but i got an error on inflater statusbarservice.smali

Don't forget to press THANKS if i help you^^

RSTEP18

Dec 6, 2018
GT-i8160 EFS rebuild

Hi, Can anyone help me rebuild my EFS partition to fix overwritten IMEI [BLANK] basband [UNKNOWN]
I have tried Many methods all that have failed.
Currently running LOS 15.1 Oreo8.1 Ace II GT-I8160
I have tried *#XXXX# code method, Flash EFS methods and App method all dont work for one or another reason
My main option now is to look for Full Stock rom with repart and format. Even the method for that does not work re downgrade.
any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JellyCeam rom

sc201209111320121.png
    sc201209111320051.png
    sc201209111319591.png
    sc201209111319451.png
    sc201209111319341.png
    sc201209102129551.png

this is a rom based on 2.3.6 JPLD6 with ics themed and a lot of tweaks, it's a mix of s3 ics and jellybean

Warning:
    i'm not responsible for any damage for your device by flashing this rom you accept this.
    This is for GT-I8160 only, it may work on others GT-I8160L and GT-I8160P so flash at your own risk

Features:
    rooted
    deodexed
    added busybox
    changed bootanimaion
    disabled boot sound
    added minfree tweaks for speed and performance
    added /data/app functionality so u can update or uninstall apps easily ( not all apps )
    added nano text editor + sysro/sysrw
    added bash
    added 3g/download/upload tweaks
    added power save tweaks
    added media tweaks
    added performance tweaks
    added cm7 apns-conf.xml
    added patched hosts to remove adds
    full ICS themed
    ics like setting.apk
    added init.d tweaks and scripts
    added apps : holo launcher , holo locker , galaxy nexus wallpapers , galaxy s 3 livewallpaper , jelly bean live wallpaper , jelly bean wallpapers , ics calculator , ics camera app , ics stopwatch , ics timer , droidwall , es file explorer , ics keyboard , ics themed samsung keyboard , ics messaging app , play music , quick pic , sqare parts
    removed samsung bloatware
    more i forgot :p

thanks to:
    kyrillos13
    antsm
    itasoulas
    dsixda
    TheFrankenstain
    squadzone
    achep
    autoradio78
    achep
    mobint
    ph.miki
    balamu96m
    MadMonk

if i forget ur name tell me so i put it here

how to install :
    1- reboot into recovery
    2- wipe data/factory reset
    3- wipe cache
    4- mount data (optional but recommended to prevent mount data fail )
    5- install rom
    6- restart

enjoy :cool::cool::cool:

Download:

http://d-h.st/DhW

sms fix must download http://d-h.st/uum

if u have any problem flash this package http://d-h.st/Tg4

Patches:

modified vold.fstab so your sdcard is your usb storage and your usb storage is your sd card download: http://d-h.st/kMG
    ICS battery icon download:http://d-h.st/qOE

Notes :
    1- sorry for my english
    2- i will add swipe to remove, ics task manager... in future releases
    3- some apps installed in /data so u can update or uninstall them easily
    4- i will release some patch if u want like center clock, blue clock and date , i didn't make them blue and centered by default because i like them as they are
    if u like it press thanks button :cool:
    It seems that only a few users own this phone by now. Phone already got a rooting procedure here but no kernels or any mods so far. I create this thread for things to warm up! Will start some work on build.prop/tweaks this weekend
    [MOD] Modded framework with a few AOSP icons & crt off

I modded the framework a bit.

Features:
    - CRT off screen animation
    - Accurate battery mod (You can see the exact percent)
    - Changed wifi, signal, progress bar, sdcard scan, power menu and other icons to AOSP gingerbread..
    - Wifi & Signal icons are white when you are not connected on wifi/3g network or you have background data disabled, but turn to green when you have background data enabled on 3g/wifi:)

Preview: (status bar icons, battery mod, power menu)

5y7qqe.png
    10dxqbm.png

Requirements:
    - Rooted phone with antsm's kernel

Download:
    - http://d-h.st/8H0 [6.02 MB]
    - http://d-h.st/qjo (wallpaper)

How to install:
    - Install antsm's kernel, root your phone, boot in recovery and install the above zip file.
    [FONTS] ICS & JB fonts for SGA2

I was bored with the classic "droidsans" font so i decided to make an install package for ICS & JB fonts. I prefer JB font :)

Ice Cream Sandwich font preview (Roboto Regular font):
    2hxafle.png
    110ztl3.png

Jelly Bean font preview (Roboto Light font):
    x5aykp.png
    vzzwv7.png

Info:
    There are almost the same but Jelly Bean font is "lighter".

Downloads:
    http://d-h.st/gcT [ICS font]
    http://d-h.st/X2A [JB font]
    http://d-h.st/nRp [Default font]

How to install:
    - Install antsm's kernel (with CWM), root your phone, boot in recovery and install the above zip file. If you already have this kernel and root, just boot in recovery and install the zip file.

Remember: If for some reason you don't like ICS/JB fonts, you can anytime revert back to Samsung's default fonts by installing the Default Font package. And... if you install it and you like it, don't hesitate to press the thanks button :)
    Hi . Today I will continue work on CM10 for ACE 2 . If you ask me something use twitter Twitter or just reply on my blog BLOG .
    Plan for today :
    1.Port device tree
    2.Make working device tree
    3.Make first build.