HTC Vision G2 ROMS

Search This thread

pkb6212003

Jul 18, 2012
Los Alamitos
i am new to this so if you can bare with me. I recently Unlocked and rooted my G2 and i also installed a custom recovery (ClockworkMod). I have been trying to install a custom but have been having problems with this. what happens is i use recovery to install rom from sdcard and it looks like it installs, i mean it says it is successful but when i reboot it gets stuck on HTC boot screen. I do not know what else to do, please help. oh and i also have tried to do this with a few diffirent ROM's.

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
Just a guess, but it sounds like you didn't wipe before installing a rom. From the main recovery menu, choose factory reset/wipe data and cache. When that is done, you can install whatever ROM you'd like. If you're installing an AOSP rom, don't forget to flash the google apps (gapps) after the ROM.

Reactions: pkb6212003

biohazrd51

Apr 26, 2011
What ROM are you attempting to install. If it is newer sense based you may need the desire z boot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

kbeezie

Feb 23, 2010
Grand Rapids, Mi
karlblessing.com
i am new to this so if you can bare with me. I recently Unlocked and rooted my G2 and i also installed a custom recovery (ClockworkMod). I have been trying to install a custom but have been having problems with this. what happens is i use recovery to install rom from sdcard and it looks like it installs, i mean it says it is successful but when i reboot it gets stuck on HTC boot screen. I do not know what else to do, please help. oh and i also have tried to do this with a few diffirent ROM's.

As someone else said, looks like yo didn't bother to factory-reset/wipe via recovery before attempting to apply a brand new rom.

Flashing the rom doesn't wipe everything for you before hand, it would be like trying to install Windows 7 on top of Windows XP without bothering to remove windows XP and you end up with this mixed up mess of the two that doesn't work.

PS: Didn't you already ask this in another thread? (almost seems like word-for-word what another 1st time poster said)

pkb6212003

Jul 18, 2012
Los Alamitos
thank you

thank you for the suggestions, i will try right now and let you know. i thought i did a full wipe, but maybe i didn't, i will try again.
Also this is the first time i have ever posted here. oh and one of the rom's i have cyanogenmod 7.2.0

kbeezie

Feb 23, 2010
Grand Rapids, Mi
karlblessing.com
the roms i have downloaded are all good, i even tried to redownload them and tried a couple other downloads, same thing though.

Which roms? did you verify that you meet all the requirements? (for example some newer roms, particularly some ICS attempts, need the newer *.19 radio).

For example I couldn't get EliteMod ICS booting until I upgraded my radio to 26.13.04.19 from the old *.26 one (also the T-Mobile Wifi Calling app requires the new radio too).

PS: It's generally more helpful if you list out all your specs, i.e.: your Phone's Hboot (hboot version, SHIP vs ENG, S-OFF vs S-ON, Radio Version), Recovery type/version, and what roms you are trying.

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Hi, are you simply unlocked using the HTC bootloader unlocker? If so, another thing to consider is you may need to flash the boot.img thru fastboot along with installing the ROM thru recovery. I don't think HTC unlock lets you flash to the boot partition in recovery, so if the ROM you flash uses a custom kernel, it won't boot until you flash that seperately thru fastboot.

Doc76013

Nov 11, 2011
Fort Worth
I have had that same problem doing a full wipe and also wiping the cache and dalvik before I install a new rom works for me, I have had the same situation AFTER a time and as desirez_pete stated removing the battery for 30 seconds and rebooting did the trick.

pkb6212003

Jul 18, 2012
Los Alamitos
HTC G2 SPECs

Sorry i have been away for so long, still am unable to install custom ROM, I was reading the threads and noticed someone asked for my specs here they are -
VISION PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.82.0009
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.13.04.19_M
eMMC-boot

The Phone is Unlocked and rooted and my recovery version is ClockworkMod Recovery v5.8.1.0 touch
also when ever i have tried to optain S-OFF i get eMMC- Boot Failed
any help from here i would be very thankful.

kbeezie

Feb 23, 2010
Grand Rapids, Mi
karlblessing.com
Sorry i have been away for so long, still am unable to install custom ROM, I was reading the threads and noticed someone asked for my specs here they are -
VISION PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.82.0009
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.13.04.19_M
eMMC-boot

The Phone is Unlocked and rooted and my recovery version is ClockworkMod Recovery v5.8.1.0 touch
also when ever i have tried to optain S-OFF i get eMMC- Boot Failed
any help from here i would be very thankful.

" SHIP S-ON" doesn't look unlocked to me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I flashed a new rom and got stuck on the white HTC screen too but after taking the battery out for about 30s it just booted right up. Happened a few times now so it could be that.
    Just a guess, but it sounds like you didn't wipe before installing a rom. From the main recovery menu, choose factory reset/wipe data and cache. When that is done, you can install whatever ROM you'd like. If you're installing an AOSP rom, don't forget to flash the google apps (gapps) after the ROM.
    What ROM are you attempting to install. If it is newer sense based you may need the desire z boot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

As someone else said, looks like yo didn't bother to factory-reset/wipe via recovery before attempting to apply a brand new rom.

Flashing the rom doesn't wipe everything for you before hand, it would be like trying to install Windows 7 on top of Windows XP without bothering to remove windows XP and you end up with this mixed up mess of the two that doesn't work.

PS: Didn't you already ask this in another thread? (almost seems like word-for-word what another 1st time poster said)

I have Windows 7 on top of Windows XP, and both works well. But I use XP, coz I like it more.