[ROM][4.2.2] Slim Bean - I9100G [Build v8.0][+WEEKLIES]

Search This thread

mnazim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2011
mnmcodeworks.blogspot.com
SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Original Slim Features:
  1. The Real Dark Slim
  2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
  3. Full hardware key rebinding!
  4. Keyboard rotation
  5. SlimCenter
Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
  • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
  • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
  • Google+ [link]
  • Twitter [link]
  • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
For Most Users :
Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
  • Download the latest builds from here. Please stay on the Official builds if you are not sure which build to pick.
  • PS: Weekly releases are stable but may contain Experimental features.!
  • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
  • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
  • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
Check our FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
If you want to help us by translating Slim to your language, check our Crowdin page and submit your translations.
Or consider making a donation.

Thanks!
You can find the full list of credits here

Source
Please visit here for the rom source code.
Kernel source can be found here

Last edited:

mnazim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2011
mnmcodeworks.blogspot.com
Alright so the world is still fine.:silly: So here goes...

So this is Slim Bean 4.2.1 Beta 1 release. This is a new thread as we have started from a completely clean slate AOSP base and included most of our features within.

NEW BASE FULL WIPE RECOMMENDED!!!

By downloading this ROM, you accept the fact that you understand that your device will not magically have more RAM or CPU power

Also keep in mind that this is Beta software features and performance will vary as we get closer to the stable releases.

BUG REPORTING?
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Last edited:

Infinite96

Aug 1, 2012
PRECAUTIOUS

Nowadays..I realised that alot of Slim User that faced reboot while uninstalling application or other sort issue ... For a temperaly workaround ... I found out that all of these user used TitaniumBackup to restore their applications and data . So , for preventing this issue to be happened again , stop using Titanium Backup if possible . Thanks . Conclusion .. Preventing app backup and restore by an external application if possible .

DO NOT restore via titanium backup. It causes problem. Use another backup app like My Backup or Go Backup. Everyone that has problems with system UID and force reboot after uninstalling apps and such have reported using titanium backup. While users who don't use Titanium Backup do not have this issue.

Last edited:

midograna

Jan 21, 2012
khobar
Yes Slim Bean is the best JB custom ROM but I prefer to wait for the stable release ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100G
Solidus Slim Bean 3.1

sathariel74

May 14, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F3
Works great so far except gps. Hope that this will be fixed soon.

Edit: I think that it is just doesnt find the internal gps source. Nothing happens when an app requests gps. Additionally i cant change the source. Worked until 4.1.

Sent from my i9100g

Last edited:

al5911

Jul 27, 2011
Been using 4.1.2 v3.1 for a month and not a single problem to me. Now you've give us this 4.2.1 slimbean? You're awesome mate!

currway

Jul 30, 2012
Is there a long hold on back button to kill app process on this ROM?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Original Slim Features:
    1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter
    Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users :
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest builds from here. Please stay on the Official builds if you are not sure which build to pick.
    • PS: Weekly releases are stable but may contain Experimental features.!
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check our FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating Slim to your language, check our Crowdin page and submit your translations.
    Or consider making a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    Alright so the world is still fine.:silly: So here goes...

So this is Slim Bean 4.2.1 Beta 1 release. This is a new thread as we have started from a completely clean slate AOSP base and included most of our features within.

NEW BASE FULL WIPE RECOMMENDED!!!

By downloading this ROM, you accept the fact that you understand that your device will not magically have more RAM or CPU power

Also keep in mind that this is Beta software features and performance will vary as we get closer to the stable releases.

BUG REPORTING?
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Slim Bean 4.2.2 Build 4

Albert Einstein said:
    Imagination is more Important than Knowledge!

So with a ton of Imagination and skill, we have come up with our idea of how some stuff are supposed to work.

And as expected SlimBean 4.2.2 Build 4 is here. ;)

Read Changelogs, download and Enjoy!

PS: PIE is as you know is, difficult but not impossible, to trigger on H/W Key devices, hence it is disabled on CM!
    PS: Android 4.2.2_r1.2 release only covers changes for Nexus 4 kernel... so don't even bother asking!
    PS: Bug reports without logs will be ignored as usual! :cowboy:
    ART compiler will be in Developer options...anyways guys, I am now officially taking over mnazim's place as the i9100g device maintainer for Slim! :D
    Hoyeaa...:D

vhi1kKk.png

umCoDyz.png

Problems: Camera, internal and external storage, recovery, graphics
    Working: WiFi, data, mobile network, sensors