My Verizon Mobile App-Crazy Permissions

Search This thread

baz6

Dec 9, 2010
Curious if anyone here uses this app. And if you do, I'd suggest you strongly reconsider.

The newest update is asking for camera permissions to take pictures or video. There are also reports in the reviews of this app asking for superuser permissions when placing a call!

I personally think it's a load of crap for an app like that to have those type of permissions! I mean, the whole permissions of that app overall are over the top to me.

uploadfromtaptalk1397006716925.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

feom

Jul 16, 2012
Uninstalled

Curious if anyone here uses this app. And if you do, I'd suggest you strongly reconsider.

The newest update is asking for camera permissions to take pictures or video. There are also reports in the reviews of this app asking for superuser permissions when placing a call!

I personally think it's a load of crap for an app like that to have those type of permissions! I mean, the whole permissions of that app overall are over the top to me.

View attachment 2675953

Installed it yesterday, I'm not generally worried about permissions, but when it asked for root rights after a reboot, I denied it and uninstalled.

baz6

Dec 9, 2010
Installed it yesterday, I'm not generally worried about permissions, but when it asked for root rights after a reboot, I denied it and uninstalled.
Yeah, seems you'd be flagged as a rooted device with either a yes or no answer to the su request. No good in my book!

IamPro

Dec 2, 2010
I hear solution is to hold power, toggle airplane mode then allow or deny (don't think it matters at this point) then uninstall and never install ever again :victory:

zathus

Aug 25, 2009
I have an updated yet, but the description in the Play Store does not address root access. It addresses the new permissions but not root very very sneaky

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

scram99

Not really sneaky... look in settings/about phone/status... **root status**. They know and don't care. They're more worried about the other 99% of non rooted folks forking over countless millions of dead presidents...

StealthMode

Sep 2, 2010
Nothing. I panicked, very slowly, scientist turned airplane mode on, realized damage was done, turned it back off, force stopped it, uninstalled the updates, let it update, and made for sure I blocked it when it asked for root again. Haha so pointless looking back now.. I'm now showing rooted 4.4 to vzw now on a leaked ota. My warranty is probably void lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk