[Kernel][BML][MTD][CM7][CM9][MIUI] G'BYE SAMURAI

Should we add a Kernel Splash Logo ? ? ?

• Yes

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • NO

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

earthbound[iap]

Dec 2, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
indandroidprj.zxq.net
Come Checkout The New Site ! ! !
Just click the samurai logo below...

As we enter a new dawn the house of the samurai comes together
embracing not the cold hard razor sharp edge of a Katana
but the tools necessary to unlock the razor sharp blazing speeds that our processors are capable of...

Because of the nature of Samurai and it's ever changing versatility we have decided to dedicate a portion of our website to development of the samurai kernel, as well as a forum... Don't consider this abandoning XDA, we would never expect anyone to do that, just think of this as an extension of XDA. Please direct all bugs and questions to website forum...

Last edited:

earthbound[iap]

Dec 2, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
indandroidprj.zxq.net
Thanks Section

.:Thanks Section for Kernel Building:.

Rodderik ! Awesome guy always willing to help me out and taught me a ton.
Drockstar ! Another one who is always willing to provide the appropriate ionformation without beating around any bushes.
NubeCoder I super hijacked his git and loaded up Samurai with tons of Nubernel Love...
MKasick We all know what he does....
and everyone at XDA devs, testers, supporters alike we all contribute in our own way...
Netarchy
Existz
and anyone I have forgotten please feel free to message me and I will post your name here...

.:Special Thanks for Donations:.
(if you would like you screen name and not your real name please add your screen name to you donation)

nashdogg <-(A.K.A. "BIG MONEY") (super status +++++) ;) This guy provides cash for the monster energy drinks that get me through the day... Lol.
kennyglass123 <- via (FLINT420)
pre2epic4g
Ted Cousens
Gary Gallichio
stringyquark
Adam DeLozier
Tyrus Lyle
Jon Delano
Gordon & Kat Little
Marcel LeMay
Jonathan Maxon
Jerad Wilson
David Davis
Kenneth Rowley

I really appreciate the donations guys every little bit helps our family, thank you so much !

Last edited:

abhaxus

Nov 18, 2010
Says script error in zip when attempting to install from cwm. Will this flash over an eh17 rom?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

tony45x220

Oct 26, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Quick question...does this have two additional steps over stock being 1100mhz and then 1200mhz...or just one extra step above stock speed?

Sent from my rooted, suited, & booted Epic 4G #knowdat!

tony45x220

Oct 26, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
One for right now to 1200 but I will try to sqeeze time in to get 1100 and 1300 as well as a few others tonight, I just wanted to get this out there...

Oh no doubt....no rush implied at all i'm just asking questions...much appreciated with you getting this out as fast as you did ;-)

mjben

Seems simple enough to make the cwm zip. All I need to do is take any GB zip and replace the contents with the zimage while leaving the meta-inf folder intact... right?

I've got it together, ready to nand and flash. Anyone want to stop me if I am about to hose my phone?

Sent from my 1.2ghz V6 Supercharged EXT4 EI22 Epic

Reactions: travmofosho

tony45x220

Oct 26, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Seems simple enough to make the cwm zip. All I need to do is take any GB zip and replace the contents with the zimage while leaving the meta-inf folder intact... right?

I've got it together, ready to nand and flash. Anyone want to stop me if I am about to hose my phone?

You should be alright...I've tried it before...worse thing will happen is it simply won't flash...let us know what happens

mjben

You should be alright...I've tried it before...worse thing will happen is it simply won't flash...let us know what happens

No go. Wouldn't install... said that it ...couldn't open the zip (bad).

I used Konane's no ciq meta-inf files and put the zimage in. That didn't work, so I added a bmlwrite file from nubcoder's kernel zip. Still gave the same message.

Guess I'll wait for a pro to produce one. Because, really, Im only cutting and pasting things that I think might work.

Last edited:

earthbound[iap]

Dec 2, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
indandroidprj.zxq.net
Very good and thank you, as soon as I get off work I will start on 1100 and 1300 and try to get a zip together of that tonight. ;)

Take any kernel updater .zip, replace zImage with this one. Make sure you have the .zip set to compression: store. Flash. Done. :]

tony45x220

Oct 26, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
No go. Wouldn't install... said that it ...couldn't open the zip (bad).

I used Konane's no ciq meta-inf files and put the zimage in. That didn't work, so I added a bmlwrite file from nubcoder's kernel zip. Still gave the same message.

Guess I'll wait for a pro to produce one. Because, really, Im only cutting and pasting things that I think might work.

Well I would've tried the same thing...trial and error is just apart of the process i guess

mjben

I got it! Thanks for the tips about the store compression.

Only one problem-
when I run my zip it gives me all the nubernal stuff (not the nuberel kernel, just all the cwm installation animation). Don't know how I ended up with that, probly from copying the bmlwrite from his zip. I'd like to remove it because I'm not sure it is appropriet. I'd gladly provide the zip if it weren't for that. But DAMNIT! I really wanted to provide something for the community :(

also, I tried the 'earthound AIP EI22 kernel.zip' found earlier in this post- it errored out with a status 6 in CWM. Not sure about that either.

Last edited:

AproSamurai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 4, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
github.com
Very good and thank you, as soon as I get off work I will start on 1100 and 1300 and try to get a zip together of that tonight. ;)

For the past two weeks or so, I've been building my own OC kernel for GB and CM/MIUI for personal use, 1300 and 1400 depending on how applied can be an instant crash, it'd probably be best to seperate those frequencies for those who want them because the people who don't know how to deal with it will keep crashing their phones. Only a suggestion on my part because I've been working at it for a bit. 1.2 is stable as always others not so much out of the box.

Sent from my Epic 4G

Reactions: ksmullins88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Come Checkout The New Site ! ! !
    Just click the samurai logo below...

As we enter a new dawn the house of the samurai comes together
    embracing not the cold hard razor sharp edge of a Katana
    but the tools necessary to unlock the razor sharp blazing speeds that our processors are capable of...

Because of the nature of Samurai and it's ever changing versatility we have decided to dedicate a portion of our website to development of the samurai kernel, as well as a forum... Don't consider this abandoning XDA, we would never expect anyone to do that, just think of this as an extension of XDA. Please direct all bugs and questions to website forum...
    Fixes/Tips & Tricks/Outdated Versions

Saved for future use... Although I do not see much use for it...
    Thanks Section

.:Thanks Section for Kernel Building:.

Rodderik ! Awesome guy always willing to help me out and taught me a ton.
    Drockstar ! Another one who is always willing to provide the appropriate ionformation without beating around any bushes.
    NubeCoder I super hijacked his git and loaded up Samurai with tons of Nubernel Love...
    MKasick We all know what he does....
    and everyone at XDA devs, testers, supporters alike we all contribute in our own way...
    Netarchy
    Existz
    and anyone I have forgotten please feel free to message me and I will post your name here...

.:Special Thanks for Donations:.
    (if you would like you screen name and not your real name please add your screen name to you donation)

nashdogg <-(A.K.A. "BIG MONEY") (super status +++++) ;) This guy provides cash for the monster energy drinks that get me through the day... Lol.
    kennyglass123 <- via (FLINT420)
    pre2epic4g
    Ted Cousens
    Gary Gallichio
    stringyquark
    Adam DeLozier
    Tyrus Lyle
    Jon Delano
    Gordon & Kat Little
    Marcel LeMay
    Jonathan Maxon
    Jerad Wilson
    David Davis
    Kenneth Rowley

I really appreciate the donations guys every little bit helps our family, thank you so much !
    could everyone do me a favor and hit the thank you button for me. ;)
    So how is everyone diggin the new kernels, if ya like em throw your hand up and hit thhe thank you button... ;)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App