Sign the petition!

Search This thread

crispychips99

Feb 1, 2012
VanCity
Signed.
Like everyone else, I doubt it will work, but we can hope right.
Probably saving their money for lawsuits against Apple.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app

Technical

Jun 2, 2008
The initial target of 1000 signs was overpassed.
Now we're going to 2000. How many should we get to call Samsung attention?

P

PegasusDev

I have created a Petition to get Official Jelly Bean on the Tab 10.1.
Please could as many people sign it as possible and even create your own petitions to show Samsung that people do want official Jelly Bean.

I am sick of Samsung not updating their devices and will be buying an Asus tablet next...

The target is to get at least 1,000 signatures...

Samsung is most likely not to respond to your petition because:

There are a lot of petitions like this for multiple devices, and Samsung has made 800 million phones already, most Android, and Samsung can't develop updates for all of them. They take time, and a lot of it.

I would personally recommend you to use a Jellybean ROM like CyanogenMod.

mr.fast

May 16, 2012
Dalton-in-Furness
Samsung is most likely not to respond to your petition because:

There are a lot of petitions like this for multiple devices, and Samsung has made 800 million phones already, most Android, and Samsung can't develop updates for all of them. They take time, and a lot of it.

I would personally recommend you to use a Jellybean ROM like CyanogenMod.

Just because Samsung makes so many devices it doesn't mean it has the right not to support them.

P

PegasusDev

Just because Samsung makes so many devices it doesn't mean it has the right not to support them.

Firstly, Samsung has the rights not to support their devices and secondly imagine one company developing Android updates for 800 million phones.

Last edited:

Theblaze973T

Jan 8, 2012
Just out of curiosity. How do you know they have 40 employees?

If they do, they should hire more.

Samsung is comprised of roughly 80 companies. Not all are electronics, but such a huge global company has several thousand, if not several hundred thousand, employees.

Also, 800 million phones? I think you are talking about phones they sold, not actual devices. Say for example, they sell 2 million Galaxy S3's across 4 distinct regions, that's only 4 updates for thousands of employees to work on, and it can serve millions of devices.

mr.fast

May 16, 2012
Dalton-in-Furness
Samsung is comprised of roughly 80 companies. Not all are electronics, but such a huge global company has several thousand, if not several hundred thousand, employees.

Also, 800 million phones? I think you are talking about phones they sold, not actual devices. Say for example, they sell 2 million Galaxy S3's across 4 distinct regions, that's only 4 updates for thousands of employees to work on, and it can serve millions of devices.

When did I say they had 800 million phones. I think you're confusing me with someone else ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/update-to-jb-for-the-galaxy-tab/

I have created a Petition to get Official Jelly Bean on the Tab 10.1.
    Please could as many people sign it as possible and even create your own petitions to show Samsung that people do want official Jelly Bean.

I am sick of Samsung not updating their devices and will be buying an Asus tablet next...

The target is to get at least 1,000 signatures...
    Seems to me this post regarding the Tegra 2's lack of NEON support, and the increasing use of NEON by Google apps, means that the chances of an official update for the Tab 10.1 beyond 4.0.4 is probably zero:

https://plus.google.com/+CyanogenMod/posts/8wcuSVkr7zR

Let it go. ;) I'm just grateful I have a chance to play with 4.2 via CM10.1. I love this site.
    Who needs the update, which may just be to 4.1.2 perhaps. That is terribly outdated at the moment as I have about 4 or 5 flying, smooth and pretty stable 4.3 ROMs from which I can pick and change anytime I wish to. As long as there are developers out there ready and willing to develop ROMs for the P7500, I do not care about Samsung's touchwiz, neither can they compel me to buy another tablet!

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app
    Signed, but I'm highly skeptical

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
    Signed.
    Is an author of this thread alive?