How to Root the Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9006 China Version - ONLY SM-N9006 Tutorial

Search This thread

my3rdlife

Nov 29, 2013
Note 3 Clone

Hi!

i own a galaxy note 3 china, my samsung logo disappeared all of a sudden, how do i put it back?
and also is it possible to install a ROM on this device? will it restore my samsung boot logo?

Thank you advance

ckyou

Dec 19, 2011
Perai
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9006 China Phone

Hi,

I owned a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9006 China phone. Can I root the phone?
The Model and build number as below :-

Model : SM-N9006
Android version : 4.3
Baseband Version : MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V1.P4, 2013/09/24 02:11
Kernel Version : 3.4.5 1327 V4 Thu Oct 10 16:51:01KST 2013
Build Number : JDQ39.N9006XXUAMF5
Custom build version : 1381395101

Please Help !!

Thanks !!

Stephandroid

Dec 11, 2013
****Self-Deleted****

Just a warning for anyone who picked up one of the Note 3 clones, there is an authentic Chinese SM N9006. I'd read somewhere that the N9006 was never released by Samsung so that all N9006s were therefore Chinese copies. That is incorrect.

Evidently, all the posts about the N9006 on the Note 3 forums here are ONLY for the authentic Samsung models, so don't post here if you have a copy.

With the number of online (and brick&mortar) retailers selling the N9006 copy, I think I won't be the only one to make the mistake of posting on XDA with questions or comments about the copies...

Sorry to have ruffled some feathers.

(If you do have a copy and are looking to root, try Framaroot. It worked for mine. That was the essence of my deleted post.)

Last edited:

Plus0ne

Dec 16, 2013
Hello

Guys, if anyone can re-upload the necessary files (odin,cwm and cf-autoroot) for sm-n9006 i'd be very happy. And you can re-upload gapps files if you have, i'll start to get information about those files too, if hotfile was up, i wasnt have to type this message.

Thanks. And waiting for your upload links.

Best regards

eddyjay89vn

Jun 6, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9006

Hi,

I owned a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9006 China phone. Can I root the phone?
The Model and build number as below :

Model : SM-N9006
Android version : 4.3
Baseband Version : N9006ZCUBMI3
Kernel Version : 3.4.0-1590669 se.infra@SEP-136 #1 Sat Oct 12 05:11:24 KST 2013
Build Number : JSS15J.N9006ZCUBMJ3

I pressing volume down + power button gets me to "Factory mode". I get tiny menu with 7 different items in left top corner. Everything in the menu is in chinese though. At the end of sixth item in menu is "e MMC"

Please Help !!

Thanks !!

juanjotm1981

Dec 29, 2007
Hi friends! I need your help please!!

I have bought a clon go Galaxy Note 3. I ordered the HDC N9000 model but in the menu put "Number of model U9000" and the "Compliation number JDQ39.N9006ZCUBMHJ"

I don't now now which is my model... ¿N9000? ¿U9000? ¿N9006? Can you help me?

Thanks

BayChaser

Dec 22, 2013
this ssiklabl

Apparently there's a lot of people out there who bought the most international version of the Note3 in China: Galaxy Note 3 (China/WCDMA) SM-N9006. With scattered information on XDA and mostly information on the Chinese forums I thought I'd write up a quick rooting guide for all of the English speaking owners of this specific variant of the Note 3 phone.

AM I ROOTED?:
Most likely no if you bought this phone from official sources. To check if your rooted use this app "Root Checker" its available on the Google Play market. If your on the stock android for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (China/WCDMA) SM-N9006 then you would need to look for some alternatives on its stock markets. After rooting your device you can use this same app to check if your rooted or not. If you follow these steps you should be rooted and have a much cooler experience with your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9006 phone.

Hello just a question, I just got this phone and by the look of it it came rooted I found this out by installing RootChecker app. here is the image of the first check if I am rooted, so can you confirm this because I am not sure if the app can check if you are rooted. Thank you all

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 1,085
Last edited:

naviga8or

Nov 17, 2011
Need some help

Hi I have the same exact as your phone build with the exact same numbers. Also checked if I am rooted by downloading the root checker basic and it says congratulations this device has root access. What does this mean in lemans terms? Please let me know. I need my phone to be recognized by Samsung kies and it does not. I like to get it flashed with the current software for the North American providers in Canada. Where should I start?

Hello just a question, I just got this phone and by the look of it it came rooted I found this out by installing RootChecker app. here is the image of the first check if I am rooted, so can you confirm this because I am not sure if the app can check if you are rooted. Thank you all

drsandeshdahal

Jul 14, 2012
kathmandu
looks like clone

looks like a clone.....N9006 has 3 GB RAM, 1080x1920 p diplay, and the processor is 2.3 GHZ quadcore with adreno GPU. I have the original one. You can link it with the kies 3, and probably it will not link. Probably the imei is not valid and the s pen has no Samsung logo, and the pen does not work with the soft keys. Do not root by this way, may brick your device. there are threads that shows the rooting the clone.....

Hi, need confirmation, I have this model SM-N9006, its real Chinese version or clone? Can root with this method? Thank you ☺
Here more detail my N9006 spec
ubahute3.jpg

utedy7eq.jpg

e4uzaryr.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7

dexviajiboy

Dec 13, 2012
Golden Sandy
dexviajiboy.blogspot.com
looks like a clone.....N9006 has 3 GB RAM, 1080x1920 p diplay, and the processor is 2.3 GHZ quadcore with adreno GPU. I have the original one. You can link it with the kies 3, and probably it will not link. Probably the imei is not valid and the s pen has no Samsung logo, and the pen does not work with the soft keys. Do not root by this way, may brick your device. there are threads that shows the rooting the clone.....

Thank you...
yeah its clone instead the original N9006 Public edition
I returned back already...

bestoloch492

Jan 21, 2014

Hi,

My name is Daniel and I am from Malaysia.

Just 2 days ago i bought a Samsung Note 3 clone from a night market costing RM600 (US186.7).

Everything works fine, except there are some options not available from the settings, like the power saver option. And it can't add Google Account for my contacts synchronization. Does rooting solve this problems?

And i have read through the whole thread but cant find any rooting file on my phone specification. I attached herewith 'About My Device" information for your information.

Thank you.

Daniel[/QUOTE]
Hello also need an answer, a solution to this problem.

smozzo

Dec 4, 2011
Hi,
the links (hotfile download) in first post, CWM recovery and odin, don't work... I can't download it. Please update it in other site, thx :)

dwky

Jun 10, 2007
SM-9006 Clone

Hi,

My name is Daniel and I am from Malaysia.

Just 2 days ago i bought a Samsung Note 3 clone from a night market costing RM600 (US186.7).

Everything works fine, except there are some options not available from the settings, like the power saver option. And it can't add Google Account for my contacts synchronization. Does rooting solve this problems?

And i have read through the whole thread but cant find any rooting file on my phone specification. I attached herewith 'About My Device" information for your information.

Thank you.

Daniel
Hello also need an answer, a solution to this problem.[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Just to inform, actually this phone when i purchase it, it has been rooted! Except it doesn't have SU file. I also find out my phone cannot be factory reset at all. All it can reset is just the data only!

Currently i have a new problem, hope all the gurus or sifu here can help me.

I was fiddling with the vold.fstab file in order to get more memory with the SD card, now my phone can't detect any SDcard although i have checked my sdcard is functioning well. But very funny if i checked Storage on my phone, it shows Internal Storage 11.97GB and Phone Storage 422GB!! and no SDCARD present. Check the attachment and also my current vold.fstab file attachment.
If anyone have the same phone as me here, please attached your vold.fstab file (System/etc/vold.fstab) here so i could set back the original setting. (I did not backup my original vold.fstab file earlier before i fiddle the vold.fstab file) :crying:

Thank you and have a nice day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-23-17-22-32.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-23-17-22-32.png
    62.1 KB · Views: 957
  • Screenshot_2014-01-23-16-56-28.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-23-16-56-28.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 911

alldarksea

Jan 23, 2014
Thank you very much.....

As you all know KingoApp is still under investigation on XDA: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47158184 but I helped my friend root this N9006 model / info below and it works brilliantly!!!!! You get to keep all your apps, no flashing needed or download mode fiddling.

SM-N9006
N9006ZCUBMJ3
Android 4.3 ( STOCK )

Just go to the KingoApp website, pick our phone model under Samsung N9006, download the app on your windows native machine ( I used Windows 8.1), run the app as "admin" and follow its instructions, that's all, really super awesomely simple :) I got my friend loving his Note3 rooted and laughing at my old method :)

I'm not promoting KingoApp, but I double checked on his phone after rooting with it. There was no strange Apps running on the background.

Earlier reports had pointed out some strange apps running on the background and rooting error messages pertaining to access permissions after installing KingoApp. But it looks like KingoApp has been updated because my friend's phone is clean. Zero permission errors and no strange background apps running.

Knox is 0x0, warranty is safe so that's good, he has not frozen or messed with any system apps yet (at least I didn't advise him to until a solid rom comes out).

My friend is Chinese of course, so if you don't mind all the warnings I'd like to say that you can use KingoApp but......like all things, at your own risk.:laugh:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!! I tried every thing to root my samsung not 3 clone.it has no download mode but chinese menü that has not contain something like download.odine did not recognize my phone,İ could not open download mode,what ever i tried to open download mode,the chinese menü came.etc.. i could solve this problem at fist try. i could root my phone. i am so appreciate...

bestoloch492

Jan 21, 2014
re

Hello also need an answer, a solution to this problem.

Hi,

Just to inform, actually this phone when i purchase it, it has been rooted! Except it doesn't have SU file. I also find out my phone cannot be factory reset at all. All it can reset is just the data only!

Currently i have a new problem, hope all the gurus or sifu here can help me.

I was fiddling with the vold.fstab file in order to get more memory with the SD card, now my phone can't detect any SDcard although i have checked my sdcard is functioning well. But very funny if i checked Storage on my phone, it shows Internal Storage 11.97GB and Phone Storage 422GB!! and no SDCARD present. Check the attachment and also my current vold.fstab file attachment.
If anyone have the same phone as me here, please attached your vold.fstab file (System/etc/vold.fstab) here so i could set back the original setting. (I did not backup my original vold.fstab file earlier before i fiddle the vold.fstab file) :crying:

Thank you and have a nice day.[/QUOTE]
View attachment vold.rar
please...;)
you have solved the problem with the addition, the account in the contacts???

locn

Apr 19, 2010
Gold Coast
[Video] Root using Universal Root de la Vega and CWM and Gapps

Hi All

I have made a detailed step by step video of how to root the Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9006 using Universal Root de la Vega v0.5 method and then installed CWM recovery and then installed Gapps.

Note that the de la Vega method tripped my Knox so beware but i didn't care as there is no way i was going to get warranty on this anyway as i'm not in china.

Hope this helps someone :victory:

Part 1 how to root

Part 2 how to install CWM and Gapps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Apparently there's a lot of people out there who bought the most international version of the Note3 in China: Galaxy Note 3 (China/WCDMA) SM-N9006. With scattered information on XDA and mostly information on the Chinese forums I thought I'd write up a quick rooting guide for all of the English speaking owners of this specific variant of the Note 3 phone.

WHY ROOT:
    - Cause Stock Android nor the Samsung Experience isn't for everybody.
    - The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (China/WCDMA) SM-N9006 doesn't officially have Google Play, Gmail, and the essential lot of Google Services.
    - I find a lot of Samsung bloatware reduction and battery / call quality / and other improvements from ROOTING an android phone.
    - Great to have better control over your phone and most system related tweaking apps need ROOT.
    - Besides, what's cooler than a newer custom built ROM?
    >>> If you know of any solid Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9006 ROMS do share with others on the threads.

AM I ROOTED?:
    Most likely no if you bought this phone from official sources. To check if your rooted use this app "Root Checker" its available on the Google Play market. If your on the stock android for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (China/WCDMA) SM-N9006 then you would need to look for some alternatives on its stock markets. After rooting your device you can use this same app to check if your rooted or not. If you follow these steps you should be rooted and have a much cooler experience with your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9006 phone.

IS THERE A SAFER EASIER METHOD TO ROOT?
    Yes, Mobile ODIN by @ChainfireXDA here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.mobileodin.pro I haven't tried it, as of me writing this our Note3 variant is not supported. The price may be worth it down the line when its added to the list.

DO YOU INCLUDE THE FILES NEEDED?
    Yes, I have them attached in the post but put links in the guide as well.

CAN YOU SUMMARIZE YOUR PROCRESS?
    It involves you installing CWM recovery for our devices via ODIN and flashing "CF-AutoRoot" through CWM recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9006.

CREDITS:
    Go to all the sites with URLS listed on this guide and excellent team of developers on XDA. Also the team over at http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ and ZOL.com http://samsung.zol.com.cn/278/98_2772226.html for visual guide to the root progress as well.

WARNING
    ++++++++++
    - This guide assumes that you have the following phone model for the Note 3, and only this one.
    SM-N9006
    N9006ZCUBMJ3
    Android 4.3 ( STOCK )
    Go here to find out on how check your firmware for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 China Version SM-N9006 and update it: http://androidjinni.com/update-galaxy-note-3-chinawcdma-n9006zcubmj3-android-4-3-2417/

- DO NOT try this guide in any other Android devices it will work only with Galaxy Note 3 (China/WCDMA) SM-N9006.

- Check your device model number in: Settings » General » About Device

- This guide assumes that you have a factory unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9006 ( most of you should already as mine came unlocked ).

- This guide assumes that you are willing to take the risk of flashing your phone, I do not take responsibility for the mistakes you will make nor loss of your data.

- Try this guide at your own risk. It is very unlikely that you will damage your device if you following the instructions properly. Please check that you followed the instructions before posting comments.

- This guide assumes that your going to backup your data prior to proceeding.

- This guide assumes you have access to a Windows XP (or above) PC. I have not rooted on virtualized software.

- This guide assumes that you are aware about the Flash Counter and Samsung Knox Warranty issue. This method is not safe (it will void your warranty status).

- Once your device is rooted you may not be able to receive any future OTA updates. You should be able to flash firmware updates manually by looking for them on official forums.

- I am not responsible for dead-links from the sites containing files needed for this guide. I do not take ownership of such files, credit goes to respective developers.

- This guide was written while I was having a few beers, some minor grammar and spelling mistakes to be expected.

- This guide assumes you chose "English" as the devices default language during setup...my instructions are in English and phone language is as well ( not that it makes any big difference ).

PRE-ROOTING
    ++++++++++

1. Make sure you have at least 90% battery life remaining ( I recommend you fully charge the phone though - old habits die hard ).

2. Enable Debugging mode for your for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 China Version SM-N9006 in: Settings » General » About Device . Now tap the Build Number seven times. You will see a count down notification and a "your now a developer" which enables the Developer Options. Now go to Settings » General » Developer Options » USB Debugging ( check the USB Debuggging checkbox ).

3. Make sure you have unchecked the "Reactivation Lock" setting in: Settings » General » Security » Reactivation Lock

4. Make sure you use a PC running Windows XP and above with the latest USB Drivers for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9006. Get drivers and other ADB tools from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2038555 You can skip this step if you have KIES installed on your PC.

5. Make sure use the latest version of ODIN. Get the current on here: https://hotfile.com/dl/248246506/848df76/Odin3_v3.09.zip.html Save this file because you will need it in the rooting guide.

6. Make sure you have downloaded CWM recovery and do not extract the .tar file, you will need it for later. https://hotfile.com/dl/246835247/21b6180/n9006-cwm-recovery-6.0.3.7(0922).tar.html

7. Make sure you have downloaded "CF-AutoRoot", thanks to @ChainfireXDA here: http://download.chainfire.eu/360/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-hlte-h3gduosctc-smn9009.zip and copy it to the SD card of the phone.

8. Make sure you backup your data. Since the phone is new I'm sure you won't need anything but your phone logs and sms. Head over here for instructions: http://androidjinni.com/how-to-take-complete-backup-of-android-phone-505/ . There's plenty of apps on Google Play to backup your phone and sms logs. Samsung Kies also helps.

ROOTING STEPS: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 China Version SM-N9006
    +++++++++++++
    • Step-1: Install the USB drivers for your Device from Point 4. above (I recommend you to have full admin rights when you install the .exe file) and test that your phone gets recognized when you plug it into your PC (you shouldn't get something like "driver failed"). You should be able to see the notification of a new device / drive if you were successful.
    • Step-2: Unzip the ODIN files from Point 5. above ( there should be a folder with an ODIN..exe file ) which you would need to copy to that folder and its files to your drive ( desktop would do ). Run the ODIN..exe file. It will not list any connected devices.
    • Step-3: Make sure you have backed data from your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 China Version SM-N9006 and you have at least 90% battery left. From this step you will be saying bye to your rooted phone state and possibly your important data.
    • Step-4: Turn off your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 China Version SM-N9006 and make sure its completely powered down.
    • Step-5: This part is a bit tricky for some people, you may need a try it several times. Its also a very crucial step. Make sure you have ODIN running on your PC. Place the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together. A warning screen will appear, like the one below:

Now press the Volume Up button to continue to enter Download Mode. Don't worry about the screen looking like something is broke like below.

When the phone is connected successfully an Added message will appear under Odin. Also, ID: COM box in Odin will turn blue with COM port number, indicating successful connection.

Note: If the Added message does not come then try another USB port, try the one located at the back side of the computer. If Odin still fails to recognize the device then re-install USB driver.
    • Step-6: In Odin, click the PDA button and select the CWM recovery file with .tar extension from the location you on your pc you put it in.
    • Step-7: Make sure that on Odin the "Verify Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset Time" checkboxes are selected. Uncheck the "Re-Partition" option.
    • Step-8: When everything is set, click the Start button in Odin and wait for Odin to flash the custom recovery on your phone. DO NOT unplug your phone. Hopefully you see a green pass.
    • Step-9: Once the flashing process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. And soon a PASS message with green background will appear in the extreme-left box at the top of Odin indicating successful installation. Now unplug the USB cable from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9006 to disconnect it from the computer.
    • Step-10: Power off the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power buttons together.
    • Step-11: In CWM recovery, select install zip from sdcard then select choose zip from sdcard. Navigate to the "CF-AutoRoot" zip file which was earlier copied to the SD card of the phone from Point.7 from the Pre-rooting section of this guide. Select it using the Power button and confirm installation
    • Step-12: Power off the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power buttons together
    • Step-13: In CWM recovery, select install zip from sdcard then select choose zip from sdcard. Navigate to the SuperSU zip file which was earlier copied to the SD card of the phone. Select it using the Power button and confirm the installation.
    • Step-14: When the installation process is completed, return to the main recovery menu and reboot the phone by selecting "reboot system now"

Congratulations your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9006 is now rooted. You can use the "Root Checker" app to verify this.
    New Stock Firmware N9006ZCUBMI5

To check your AP and CP version Dial *#1234# (If SuperSU opens, press the back button)

SM-N9006 (China).

Build Date: 11.09.2013 -> Region: CHN (China) PDA: N9006ZCUBMI5 Changelist: 1590669 Android: 4.3 Download Link or Download Kernel

Credits to: @AdamLange
    Looks like we can safely root this variant of the Note 3 without getting the Knox count :highfive:

Thanks to the devs @designgears & @Chainfire of the Root De La Vega [KNOX 0x0 Root - Lots of Versions - No Exynos]

Please choose the correct AP files and CSC files only for our phones, they should be:

AP Version: N9006ZCUBMJ3_VEGA.tar

CSC: N9006CHNBMJ3_CSC.tar.md5

Please head over to the link below for instructions and follow those directions precisely as described.:good:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2479952
    # WARNING

# DO NOT # Root using Kingo App or VROOT app, I just found out they have malware and XDA community is banning their threads until they find out what is going on.

# This applies to our SM-N9006 / Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9006

From XDA
    Kingo and vroot have been determined to be malware and unsafe for use, as such all threads will be closed and links removed. Thank you

I am currently following the discussion here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46595305

I hope we can have an app similar to Kingo App working, I realize it will make easier for normal folks to root our Note 3 with 1 click ( which is super easier but has some security risks ).
    [Video] Upgrade to KitKat Root using CF-Auto-Root and TWRP and Gapps 4.4.2

Hi all

I've just gone through and upgraded my SM-N9006 to KitKat, then rooted it using chainfire's CF-Auto-Root, installed TWRP and Gapps for 4.4.2 bootloader. Everything is running very smooth and have noticed better battery life.

Here are the videos going through in details the steps to follow.

Things to note are:

• must use CF-Auto-Root for N9005
      • using CF-Auto-Root for N9006 will cause boot loop
    • must use Gapps 4.4 MICRO
      • using the mini or larger package will error with not enough space

Hope this helps!

How to upgrade from jelly bean to kitkat

How to root and install twrp and gapps