Why is there a dual camera?

Search This thread

whmcal

Jul 18, 2008
Fair question. The truth is, I have read all the reviews, experimented with the dual camera several times and used all of its functions...but still, I don't see the point of it (# desperate gimmick) ?

Otherwise, the m8 is an outstanding phone

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

dressanderc

Mar 24, 2009
Nashville, TN
The S5 can achieve the depth of field effect without having dual cameras. So I'm not sure why having a dedicated second camera makes a difference.

thebobmannh

May 22, 2012
Derry, NH
www.scrampf.com
Fair question. The truth is, I have read all the reviews, experimented with the dual camera several times and used all of its functions...but still, I don't see the point of it (# desperate gimmick) ?

It's not a fair question, it's a pointless question. I mean... you can say that the dual camera is ineffectual and unnecessary, but just asking why it's there.... that's five seconds of Googling and just trolling.

slipudatung

Nov 10, 2008
Secret
After effects on imaging is the main feature but the Gold is in the fact you can shoot image after image and edit them all later. The focusing and imaging for such effects on Samsung and google camera requires it take 2 separate images - you have to Hold still and wait. Risk of blur, background movement etc where HTC just snap snap snap away.

And so it was

Top Liked Posts